Friends?

My Choice, My Love

I'm sitting at the back next to a girl not very social, she didn't even turn to look at me. That's okay though because with the stares of the rest of my classmates is more than enough. I'm in class 1A-A which means that I'm in 12 grade and in advance classes, just what my parents wanted. I have always been in advance classes because that's is something I promise myself to do in order to be up to the standards of my dad's family. He never asked me to do anything of the sort, I just want to pay him with something for everything he does for me.

Now the bell for lunch is ringing, I have no one to go to lunch with. Everybody leaves except for the girl next to me, I stay sitting in my chair too. She's so into her work, what should I do? Hmmm I'm going to speak to her.

"Excuse me," I say to her but she still doesn't respond. I guess I should leave her alone. I stand up and walk about two steps when I hear her voice for the first time.

"Don't go outside for today." She said without turning to look at me.

            "What?" I'm stun by what she just said. I go back and sit down next to her. "Why?"

"That's just a warning." She says to me, stands up and gets out of the room. She's so weird and serious too, but I can't stay inside here. I go out of the room, and go straight to the cafeteria where everyone is having lunch now. I walk up to the lady that's giving out the food and ask her for some, she smiles at me and gives me a tray full of food and a juice. Now I'm going outside I don't want to eat alone in a place full of people. Right when I step out in the open I feel a splash of water falling onto me from the sky, is too much water for it to be rain water and it's not cloudy either. What is it then? I turn to look up and see a girl with a bucket in hand looking down at me, next to her is another girl and both of them are laughing at me now, they stop, smile and say bye to me.

"What in the world is wrong with them?" 

"I told you to stay inside the room at least for today but you didn't listened to me." 

I hear my classmate and I turn to look at her. "Come on, I'm going to take you to the office." 

"No, show me where the restrooms are I'm just going to dry my clothes."

"What?" She looks at me with a surprise look on her face. It only lasted for a second and without asking again she takes me to the restrooms. I thank her and go inside one but she stays outside. 

"So you're not going to the office?" She asks me.

"No, there's really no need to, I have enough time. My shirt will get dry in about 15 minutes."

"Well they're going to make your life impossible if you let them."

"You know them? Why would they do that to me? I don't even know them."

"Everyone knows them but everyone is so scare of them that no one tells them anything about their wrong doings. They did the same to me when I got admitted last year, they're the queens of this school. So you better be careful with them. I guess they don't like you because you're in class 1A-A just like me, their class is 1A-B which means that they're in the highest class of regular classes and we are in the highest class of the whole school."

"Oh I get it now, they don't like me because I'm over them and because I'm new."

"Yeah and because the whole school is talking about you, the new girl."

"Huh? The whole school is talking about me? I didn't notice anything." 

"Yeah I can see that already. Well just be careful with them, I'm leaving now. See you in class."

"Wait!"

"What?"

"I still don't know your name."

"Oh right, my name is Liu Amber." She said and then leaves me in there. She didn't even gave me time to say something, oh well at least I have proven that she's nice. Her style isn't very common, she's a girl and looks like a girl but dresses like a guy somehow.  I go out and bump into someone for the second time today, I guess this is my luck for today. I turn to look and find a cute guy looking at me and somehow I don't feel shy right now. He smiles at me and I bow to him.

"I'm sorry," I apologize and start to walk away.

"You speak Korean?" He asks me.

"Ah, yes I do."

"You're really good, everyone is talking about you but I never heard about you being good at Korean. I think you're even better than them," he says pointing at his friends who are standing on the other side away from us. They turn, bow and smile. What's wrong with those guys?

"I'm Jeon Jung Kook and I'm in 10th grade. What about you?"

"I'm Park Eun Mi and I'm in 12th grade, is really nice to meet you." I turn to look at his friends, they just stare at me. I guess they won't introduce themselves. 

"Why are they just looking at me?"

"Just like me?" He asks me, I turn to look at him and just like he said he was staring at me in amazement. "Sorry, is just that it seems that you wouldn't know Korean but you speak it very well." He turns to his friends now, "Guys come over here, please introduce yourselves." They walk over to us and one by one they start introducing themselves. 

"Hello, my name is Kim Nam Joon and I'm in 12th grade." The guy with the blond hair says and bows to me.

"Hi, my name is Park Jim In and I'm in 11th grade." The guy with dark hair says, bows to me and then smiles really shyly, I smile back at him.

"My name is Kim Jae Hyung and I'm in 11th grade also, is really nice to meet you," he says getting closer to me, bows a ninety degree bow and goes back to his place next to the others. Well they seem nice, nothing to worry about, the bell rings again and now it's time to go back to class.

"Got to go now guys, it's really nice to meet you all, and see you around then." I start walking towards my classroom, I turn and see that they're still there standing talking to each other. I go in and see Amber sitting down already.

"Hi Amber," I say but try not to be so loud.

"You're really going to keep talking to me? I already told you that those girls don't like me at all. Do you want your last year in high school to be that painful?"

"It's only painful if you let them make your life like that, I'm not going to let some stupid girls ruin my life."

"Hey I like your enthusiasm, but it doesn't work like that here. Just try to keep a low profile ok."

"Oh don't worry about that, I don't plan to become Miss Popular."

"Whatever, class is about to start so let us focus ok."

"Ok." 

That's how our first conversation ends, is not like I was expecting something more anyways. The day is over now, right after the bell rang Amber went out of the room without saying a word. I plan to look around the school and then leave, I want to know my school better. I can see someone standing outside the door, as far as I know I'm the only one inside the classroom. I look around and only see empty chairs. I need to go outside and find out who the person is.

"Nam Joon?" Is the blond guy I met today during lunch, I scared him because he seems surprise to see me standing here right next to him. 

"Eun Mi? I wasn't spying on you!" He says to me and bows, he is about to start running but I get him by the arm.

"Where do you think you're going?" 

"Home, I'm just going home."

"What where you doing out here?"

"I forgot my workbook and I couldn't decide whether to go in or just go home without it."

"You forgot your workbook? Are you by any chance in the same class as me?"

"Yes, I guess you haven't notice me the whole day."

"No. I'm sorry"

"It's ok, I guess I can get my workbook now that you know I was out here?"

"Oh sure, I'm sorry again." I say and bow to him but he stops me halfway and smiles at me.

"No need to bow to me Miss Park." He says and then acts as if he hadn't said anything. What does he mean by Miss Park? The only ones who call me like that are the people who work for my father. I guess is nothing, only him being sarcastic. 

"I'm leaving now, see you tomorrow," I get my stuff and leave the room. I didn't gave him time to say bye to me. 

I have walked around the school and I still haven't found the dance room. I have been to the art department but I didn't found it there. Where could it be? 

"What are you doing?" I hear Amber calling out to me. 

"Amber! You're still here." I say all excited. She comes to me with a big smile on her face and I only smile back. She has a beautiful smile and she’s a beautiful girl.