The Guy

My Choice, My Love

Eun Mi's POV

       Amber helped me find the dance room and I found out that she likes to go in there to dance too or just to think. I don't know why they called it dance room when in truth there is more than one room. We went in there and did our homework and before leaving I ask her if she could show me around Seoul. To my luck she agreed to it and she went to get me at the apartment. She thought that was my home but I told her that it was just for now since my father's house was being remodeled. I wasn't that surprise to see her dress as a guy nor I asked her anything. 

       Now we're going to a café that she likes because there's not much people. I like it too and is so cozy inside that I ask her to come with me every time we can, she agrees to it and I'm happy to finally have a friend. We stay here for a while and talk about our lives because we want to get to know each other. She talks to me about her early life and how much fun she had when she was young and that makes me laugh a little. To hear her funny and stupid stories is the best, I didn't know she was this fun. It gets dark and she tells me that she has to leave but before going home she is going to take me home. We walk and talk a little more and this time I tell her all about me. She laughs at the crazy things I have done and I'm amaze at how she laughs, Amber is the best. 

     "So you're adopted?"

     "Yes, I got adopted when I was 6 years old. I don't remember anything about my life, only some moments that I spent in the orphanage but nothing more. I was told that a nun found me walking through a street and took me to the orphanage when I was around five years old. I spent a year there and then I got adopted by the person that now is my father. I ran away from the orphanage, but I didn't got too far when my dad and my grandpa found me running, more like I bumped into them. They took me to eat something and then decided to take me back to what they called my home but when they found out that it was a orphanage my dad decided that he wanted to adopt me. My grandpa left for Korea two years after I got adopted because he need it to attend his business here so I was left with my dad and mom. A month later my parents decided to move to the United States because my dad got a new job there."

     "So you have never been to Korea before?" Amber asks me.

     "Nope, this is my first time here, My dad got promoted three months ago and now he's in charged of a lot of people. We will be moving probably tomorrow or the day after to his house."

    "House? Or you mean mansion?" Amber says sarcastically. 

    "Hahaha Amber, I guess you're right. My dad has a mansion here too."

    "Too?! You mean he has another one?"

    "Ah yeah," I answer and I wish I hadn't say anything. 

    "How many does he have?" She asks the question that I don't want to answer. 

    "Ah, do you really want me to answer that question?"

    "Of course, I do want to know. You're different from the other girls that I know at school even though you're rich."

     "Hahaha don't say that, I'm just a normal girl like you."

     "Yeah right, well at least you're not a diva like the other girls at school."

    "Oh come on Amber, the school isn't so bad, if it were, you wouldn't be there."

    "I'm not there because I wanted to, I'm there because my parents made me go. You know, I was perfectly fine at my old school. Everyone over there is so different from those rich kids at our school, hmmm no offense Eun Mi."

    "None taken, Amber?"

    "Yes?"

    "I'm sorry to ask but why are you dress like that?"

    "Like what? A guy?"

     "Yeah, I have nothing against it, I'm just asking," I say and smile at her. I'm 100% sure that people who sees us from the back think that it's a girl and a guy out on a date. That makes me smile a little.

     "I have an older brother and we share clothes, that's what we have been doing ever since we were little. I know I should be wearing ladies clothes now but there's not enough money to buy clothes for the both of us, my parents might go bankrupt hehe."

    "Is that something to laugh about?" I ask her not being so sure of what she is laughing.

    "No, but the problems and difficulties have to be face with a smile so that it will not have a big impact on your life. I mean that's what I think."

     "Says it the one who is always serious and quiet at school. When I first saw you I thought you were a bad girl."

     "That's something I learned to do when I started going to that school. Everyone treats you so differently depending on the position your family has in this society." 

    "Yeah, that's how people get treated now a days. You know what? I don't care about that at all. The only thing I care about is the feelings of the person, not how much money they have on the bank."

    "Easy for you to say that, you have it all while others can barely afford buying some clothes."

     "I'm sorry Amber, I guess my comment was out of place. I have nothing, all belongs to my dad."

    "Nah, it's ok. I'm sorry too I shouldn't have said that either."

    "It's ok, I understand what other people think of me just because of my father."

    "What is it that your father does?"

     "He is the president of a company here. I'm not quite sure of what he does though. He doesn't talk about his work when he's home, he prefers us to tell him how our day has been and then he tells us if his work was ok or not but he never goes into details."

    "That's good, my father is always complaining about his job."

     Amber and me kept on talking until we got to my house, or apartment. We said good bye outside of the building since she was in a hurry to get home. I gave her a hug, which surprised her but she still hugged me back and then left. I went into the building, all the way to my apartment. I forgot the keys so I had to knock on the door, my nana opened the door. I was so happy that I gave her a big hug, apparently I startled her but she still had a big smile on her face. We went in together and she took me to the kitchen to have some dinner before going to bed. 

Jin's POV

    "Where have you been Jin?" My little brother asks me before I have even crossed the door, he looks worried and I feel bad for worrying him like this.

    "I just went for a walk, why? You missed me?" I joke around a little so that the tension I'm feeling right now goes down. He smiles and gives me a hug, something is going on with him, I can tell by the way he hugs me.

    "What's wrong Kwang Sun?" 

    "I thought you weren't coming back."

    "I would never leave you, you know I care too much about you. So don't be sad anymore okay?"

    "Okay" he says with a smile and goes off running to his room. 

    "Stop making Kwang Sun worry about you," I hear Jun Kook behind me. I turn to look at him and then leave to my room. I never have a peaceful conversation with him, ever. I have learned that it's better to avoid him or don't answer to anything he says to me. I can see my mother waiting for me up the stairs, I would like to avoid her as well but I think that's inevitable. 

    "I don't feel like fighting again Jin, why can you just get along with your father? " my mom tells me before I even finish going up the stairs.

     "He's not my father, now if you'll excuse me," I say passing by her. I know she's not going to follow me and start yelling at me, she got tired of that and knows that it doesn't work with me. 

    "I'm sorry for everything son," is my mother's husband now inside my room. Why can't they just leave me alone? 

    "I'm a little busy now," I tell him tired of all this already. 

    "I understand, I just wanted to apologize." He stands from my bed and leaves me and my anger alone. He has been trying to get along with me ever since I returned from the academy, but I can't forget that it was him who sent me there for 9 years. Nine years of my life that I can't get back anymore, all my childhood spent between people who now I call family. They were the ones who were always there for me when I needed of someone the most, my mother will never understand that and how hard it was for me to be away from the ones I loved the most.