A Little About Me

My Choice, My Love

"I'm sorry." He apologizes to me in English now, I still don't answer. He smiles lightly to me and walks away, now that he's far I can see that he has the same kind of uniform that I have. He must be from my school then, I hope I don't see him anymore because if I do I'm going to get so red again.

 

"Miss?" I turn to see my chauffeur waiting for me, how long have I been standing here? I smile at him.

 

"Mr. Lee, I'm going to walk to school from here."

 

"As you wish," he says, bows to me and leaves. I know the way already. My dad told me where to go and just in case I get lost I have my GPS turn on. I'm 100% sure that I will not, because is only a couple of blocks away. Just like I thought I find my school right way, is hard not to find it, is a big three floors building surround it by a big brick wall. It seems that it only has one entrance big enough for the students to go in smoothly without making a big line. There's security guards all around the school, my dad also told me about it. This school is the best there is in Korea and only the wealthy and rich people get accepted here.

 

I walk towards the entrance, I show the guard my Identification and he scans it. This is how they do it just to make sure is not fake, they don't want just anyone going in. My dad gave me my ID last night, he told me that I have to show it to them every day.

 

He lets me in, now I walk in and to my surprise the inside is not as I have imagined all grey and stuff like that. The main garden is full of flowers, trees and some other plants.  There's sidewalks and benches along the way for students to sit down. Aside from the three story building there's some other one story buildings around. Of course it's hard to know from the outside since the big wall is surrounding them, but so far I like this place.

 

I walk up to the main building and go straight to the office. My dad has been here before so he told me where the office is, I love my dad he's always doing his best to make my life easier. I go in the office and right when I go in all the eyes are on me. I greet the teachers and bow to them. Well my homeroom teacher is beautiful, she still young too. She's really nice, I like her. We are walking towards what's going to be my classroom for the rest of the year, my teacher keeps on glancing at me. I want ask her why but I think she's just going to evade my question, I better not.

 

"Wait here okay? I'm going to call you when I want you to go inside."

 

"Yes, teacher," I answer her and wait for her to go in. I don't like introducing myself but that's what I have to do, I guess this is one of the reason why I didn't wanted to move. I can hear the teacher and the students talking, now everyone is quiet, I guess is time for me to go in.

 

"Come on in."

 

I hear my teacher and I walk in obediently. I want to look around but I dare not to, so I keep my eyes on my teacher. I hear no sound, not even a pencil dropping, why is everyone so quiet? My teacher starts talking about how they should treat me and now she asks me to introduce myself, hmmm here I go.

 

"Hello everyone my name is Park Eun Mi, is really nice to meet you," I say and bow to the class. Now I look at them, they're dumbfounded, I guess they never expected me to speak their language. Ok so I think I didn't introduced myself properly to them, were they expecting me to speak English and tell them that I'm American?

 

Yes, I'm American but not a person born in the States or whatever they call the United States. I'm American, a person born in Mexico, so I'm not white I'm light brown with light brown color eyes.