Beautiful

My Choice, My Love

Jin's POV

Today I have to go early to school, I have to review for a test. My brothers take too long eating breakfast so I decide to go first but my little brother stops me and ends up leaving for school with me.

"Hyung?" My little brother says to me.

"Yes?"

"Can I show you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

He takes out his phone and shows me a picture of a girl sitting inside a classroom. I just turn to look at him with a questioning look.

"She's my friend from the States, I took this picture without her knowing about it. Isn't she pretty?"

"She is really pretty, but is wrong taking pictures of a person without permission."

"I know but she wouldn't let me take a picture."

"Next time ask her."

"I will Hyung, I promise."

We walk in silence the rest of the way. I leave my brother at the entrance of his school. Hoseok just texted me and asked me to wait for him here. I have been here for 5 minutes and he hasn't got here. Someone bumps into me and my first reaction is to say something.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" I thought it was Hoseok, he's always getting distracted or playing jokes on me. I turn to look and see a girl bowing to me in apology, she turns to look at me and the only thing I can do is stare at her. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and she's not Korean, I realize that now and the only thing I can do is try to apologize in English even if I'm not good at it.

"I'm sorry," I apologize but she still doesn't speak to me. I guess she doesn't speak English either, I smile at her, turn around and leave. I turn onto a street and wait for her to pass by, I know she goes to my school because she has the same uniform as me. It takes her some minutes but at the end she walks by me without noticing me inside a store. I go out and follow her all the way to school, she must be new because her eyes wander around and then she walks in all the way to the office and waits inside while I wait outside. I wonder what class she has, I hope is mine so that way I can know more about her.

The door opens and I see Miss. Cho coming out and behind her is the new girl. What a bad luck, she's not in my class, she has advance class. Hmmm she must be a smart girl aside from what her looks might say. I still follow them but the bell rings before we get to her classroom. Oh well I need to go to class hopefully I will see her around.

The bell rings to go to lunch and I quickly direct myself to her classroom. The scholarship girl comes out, looks at me up and down, then she just gives me a hard look and leaves. Moments later the door opens and the new girl comes out, she doesn't see me because she starts walking the opposite way, away from where I'm standing. I still follow her, hopefully she doesn't spot me or else I'm going to be so dead. The cafeteria is full and she starts walking towards the corridor, right when she steps out a splash of water falls down onto her. Her tray full of food falls off her hands, she turns to look up and only keeps a straight face, she doesn't get angry or anything of the sort. I start walking towards her but before I can reach her I see the scholarship girl coming towards her so I decide not to go. I turn to look up and see Hana and Hy walking away from the window where the water that got the new girl went came from. It was probably them that did it, I hate when they do that.

I follow the new girl and the scholarship girl to the girl's restrooms, they go in and some minutes later the scholarship girl comes out leaving the new girl alone. I decide to wait until she comes out, I want to speak with her.

I see Jung Kook and his friends walking towards the girl's restrooms and right at that moment the new girl comes out and they bump into each other. She apologizes and then starts to walk away but he says something to her and she goes back to him. They start talking, I see his friends going to them, they introduce themselves to her and then she leaves for class. Another opportunity I let slip out of my hands, what could Jun Kook have said to make her go back? For what I know he's not that good at foreign language. I go to class a little disappointed but I will try to speak to her next time I see her.

I can't resist myself, now I'm here on my way to look for the new girl. I stop before turning onto the hallway where her classroom is, I see someone outside. Oh I see now, he's one of Jung Kook's friend but I can't remember his name right now. I thought no one was going to be around since the bell rang quite some time ago. He looks nervous and I wonder why, I'm about to leave when in the corner of my eye I see someone coming out of the classroom. Just like I thought it's the new girl.

"Eun Mi? I wasn't spying on you!" He tries to leave but she grabs him the arm.

Eun Mi? That's her name? Why does she have a Korean name? I'm so into my thoughts that I don't even notice when they finished talking. They go in and the first one to come out is Eun Mi, she has a beautiful name, I follow her again.

I don't know what she's looking for but she has been everywhere within the school. "What are you doing?" Is the scholarship girl going towards her but looking at me. I quickly hide behind a wall while Eun Mi turns to look at her and distracts her from me.

"Amber! You're still here." Eun Mi calls out to her and I'm surprise to hear her speaking perfect Korean, I should have paid more attention to her last conversation. They leave in the direction of the gymnasium and I can't follow them anymore because I'm sure Amber saw me already. I never knew her name but now that I know I'm going to start using her name instead of the name everyone in school uses.

"Mr.?" I hear the maid outside my bedroom.

"Yes?" I don't call her by her name because I don't remember it, she has been working here for a year already and I still don't know it.

"Your mother wants you to go down to eat with the family."

"Ok, I will go in a minute." She closes the door and I stay laying in my bed for five more minutes then I go down. My mother and her husband are sitting at the table already while my two brothers are coming down the stairs behind me.

"Good afternoon," I greet them before sitting and my brothers do the same.

"I have something really important to tell you guys," my mother's husband starts talking and we’re surprise since he never says a word when we have dinner.

"What is it honey?" My mother asks him.

"We're going to have dinner with my Company's President, as you all know the owner of the company named someone else to lead his company since his health isn't so good. The new president wants to have dinner with me along with our families. This is just to get to know each other since we're going to be working together for a long time."

"What does this have to do with me?" I ask him and right when the words were out of my mouth my mom gives me a look that said something like she would kill me if she could.

"Jin!" She yells at me now," this has a lot to do with you."

My brothers look at us and only stay quiet, they dare not to say anything to my mother. She has a really bad temper but I always end up getting her angry at me for some reason.

"Honey please don't yell at him, it was just a question." My mother turns to look at him and only smiles, she doesn't say anything more and we stayed quiet. After dinner he tells us that we have dinner next weekend at 8PM with his President. They leave and I stay sitting along with my brothers.

"Hyung, why don't you like my dad?"

"It's not that, I was just asking something, I never meant to insult him. I'm sorry Kwang Sun."

"No, you're not sorry. I know you hate my dad Jin." Jung Kook accuses me and I guess his accusation is true. I'm not going to hurt my little brother though, I love him no matter who his father is because we have the same mother while there's nothing that ties me to Jung Kook since he was brought to the family when our parents got married. My father died when I was 7 and my mother got married a year later with Jung Kook's father.

"Stop talking nonsense Jung Kook!" I stand from my chair and start for my room, but then I think about it again and end up walking towards the exit. I walk with no idea where to go but I don't care because I don't want to get back home, at least not at this moment.

I end up going to a café, a place I really like, inside is so cozy even if it's hot outside. I like the smell and how is not so full of people like many other cafes in the city. I go to my favorite spot and sit. There's only two people, a girl and her boyfriend I'm guessing since I can't really see them, they're turn away from me. The girl is giggling at whatever the guy is telling her, I can't hear what he says because he speaks so low.  I have the best view there is in the café, I can see everywhere inside and the entrance.  I get a cappuccino and stay there thinking about everything. The girl and her boyfriend get up and start for the door when I notice that the girl is Eun Mi. Who can he be? He is almost the same height as her. They go out and I follow them out. I wonder if they're going out since they don't hold hands or anything like that. They get to an apartment and Eun Mi says bye by giving him a hug. He starts walking away and Eun Mi goes inside the building and I can't resist myself and follow her. She knocks on a door and a lady about 50 years old opens the door. She gives her a hug and they go in together. I guess that's her mother, after seeing this I'm ready to go back home. Outside the building are some bodyguards that I wonder who else lives in these apartments that are guard so strongly.