Chapter 4 : Payback with Love

Leeteuk Interlude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WHIRLING in delight didn't seem appropriate but Jens was holding the notarized release form removing her from the hold of the loan sharks. It also had a fine print that neither party was to ever engage in any social or business transactions that dealt with any exchange of money or favors.

 

“Freedom!” she whirled one more time and hit Leeteuk this time. They didn't take the car and were walking in the busy street that reminded her of Chinatown only the street slowly transforming into a mini-Koreatown. Definitely not the kind of place where one should be whirling around in delight.

 

“You seem to be very happy.” he was grinning at her. She looked up and wondered where the fake Leeteuk started and the real Jung-su began.

 

“Which one are you? I mean, which one is the real you? Lee-teuk, the MC slash former Super Junior slash actor or Jung-su the secret Jupok?” she had a thin grin on her face because she was really finding the bipolarity amusing.

 

“I would care to ask you the same thing. Which is the real you, the impertinent man-hating bar owner or the singer slash composer who would ask for money from unsavory people just to get an album out?” she moved away from him because of what he said.

 

“Can't I be both?” she asked helplessly.

 

“There's your answer. And mine.” he shrugged off the topic and started a new one. “Why don't we work on a payment program now?” he asked her.

 

The guy wouldn't even give her a break. She barely had time to enjoy the moment of being free and he had to bring up the money. It was half a million. It wasn't like she would be able to pay him at once.

 

“How long do I have?” she asked.

 

“I told you I would pay for your debt and invest on the bar. I will put in a million into the bar to make sure that it becomes a must-go-to place. Quite frankly, it needs a major make-over.”

 

“It doesn't need that much of a make-over.” she felt defensive. He was insinuating that her bar was a dump.
 

“It's not as crappy as others. But there are places with an appeal that is not half as messed up as Bazooka is. We can keep the soul but we need to reincarnate into a new body. I can help you out. Ninz can design a new improved Bazooka. She's had more experience now and has designed several spectacular bars in Korea by now. I know she would love to have a project that is close to her heart. Bazooka was her first bar, right? I know you wouldn't trust anyone else to touch that place up but her. And this time you don't have to worry about the budget.” he was overwhelming her. She had to hold on to a pole for balance.

 

“I don't want to owe you too much.” she just freed herself from a group of scary guys and God knows what kind of guy Leeteuk really was. He was a good friend and a great hyung for the other SuJus as seen in their friendship even after they disbanded for good. Must be the mafia leadership skills that are in his DNA.

 

“No you won't. I'd be your partner. If you become my “wife” then you can own whatever I own.” he smiled his naughty smile again.

 

“I can't marry you!” she was a love match believer. She might hate men in general but she didn't want to be a mail-order bride of sorts. And to a gangster no less.

 

“I can't let you borrow tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter