Chapter 3: JuPok Savior

Leeteuk Interlude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SHE didn't want to pull all her hair out but she came so close to doing so when she saw the eviction notice. She had placed the bar as a collateral for a failed attempt to produce an album and this is what she gets in believing that she could get money out of her music. The music industry was full of would be indie bands with parental money. She risked everything for nothing. Now she was going to lose everything.

 

She was sitting down slumped at the bar when someone came in. The place was still cluttered from last night but since she couldn't afford cleaners, she had to do things herself. She was not looking forward to it.

 

“What a mess.” she heard the worst voice she could ever hear at a time like this say.

 

“Go play somewhere else.” was all she said and went back to moping. She heard bottles being “recycled” and had to turn around. “Leeteuk, you oni! Stop making more trash!” she was going to sell those bottles not crush them.

 

“That woke you up.” he was grinning at her while holding another bottle on top of the opened trashbin.

 

“What are you doing here?” she didn't want him around. Not when her nerves were this raw and her head was enjoying the hangover she gave it.

 

“I am here to help out.” he said.

 

“Like you helped last night?” she took a jab at him without moving a muscle. She knew he felt guilty after getting the other ex-SuJus in trouble. Leader backlash is more like it. He probably thinks he's still responsible for the two.

 

“That was...I admit, one for the books of fail in my life. But it was interesting, wasn't it?” he didn't even look a bit guilty but then again he was an actor too. Who knew what he was actually thinking.

 

“I don't need you to help me. I need you to get out of my sight. That's what I need you to do.” she left the letter on the table and used an ashtray as a paperweight.

 

“This place hasn't changed. It still looks the same as before.” he mentioned, looking up and taking everything in. “Even with the decorations from last night, everything else is the same.”

 

“Thanks, I did my best with it.” he shook his head and she was confused.

 

“That was not a compliment. A bar needs to offer something new at times, and you haven't done that in a long time, haven't you?” he asked, his hands on his waist.

 

“Why do you care?” she was really not in the mood to hear a lecture about her bar. She started to put things into a garbage bag. The sooner she started, the lesser she had to deal with later. If only this particular nuisance would fit in a garbage bag.

 

Leeteuk waved the eviction notice in her face. “This is the result of stagnancy. You need to innovate if you want to get more customers. The indie music industry isn't going to be around for long. You can't just cater to one genre.”

 

She grabbed the piece of paper but he raised it up, out of her reach. “I think I would discuss this with Sungmin, Donghae and Eunhyuk later. I am sure they wouldn't want this bar to get closed down. We have such fond memories of this place. I know Sungmin, your brother-in-law would go so far as buying this place just to preserve it.” She kept jumping up to get the paper but he just moved it out of her reach every time.

 

“Give me that!” she snarled at him. I can't cry! I have to be strong. This is my fault. I'll fix it. She wanted to say that but instead she sat down on the floor and began to bawl.

 

SHE doesn't cry prettily. Leeteuk felt even more guilty now that he made her cry. He was just trying to get more information out of her. Jans had mentioned that her sister was not interested with dating because she was busy with music and the bar. They mentioned an album of hers that he actually got a copy of that didn't make much of a dent in the market. He found the songs to be to generic and some of them too deep to understand. It was not relatable but some of them were catchy. Jen was obviously trying to hit several market

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter