Chapter Five : Vows of Love

Leeteuk Interlude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

MISTY-EYED, Jen looked at her sister walking down the aisle for the second time. It felt almost like the first time. That she was flanking her but Jen could see that one year of being Mrs. Lee didn't let the love between Sungmin and Jans fade. In fact they were sickeningly in-love that she felt like the eternal maid of honor even more. But their love was something that had no hardships that they couldn't overcome because they didn't let anything, not even themselves get in the way. She was, however, the victim of her own heart. She has yet met a man as persistent and hardworking as her when it comes to life and her almost blind pursuit of her true love, music.

 

She looked at the ring on her finger. Well, until him. She could see him standing beside Sungmin. She was on the other side. He smiled at her when he caught her looking at him. She gave him a rare soft smile. He looked a bit shocked but his eyes seemed to twinkle because of what she did.

 

When it was time for the exchange of vows, she was so heartbroken that she wanted to cover her ears.

 

“You were a star that was beyond my reach. I never imagined that I would be your bride, not just once but twice. I pledged my love for you 365 days ago and so I shall pledge it again. I will love you 365 days a year and I would be confident in the beauty that your love showers me. I will be happy to be my own person so that I would be able to share new experiences and lessons with you. You are the melody of my heart.” Jans was crying and trying to get the words out. She was smiling the whole time. Sungmin was close to bawling.

 

“I promised you I would not cry. But I can't help it when my love overflows. You have given me the reason to be confidentof my ability as a man to love a woman. But forgive me if I can't love anyone else but you. Loving you consumes my being. Only God shares my heart in awe of the happiness you have given me. Everyday I am with you, I thank my parents for choosing you for my heart. Never again would I doubt their love for me because they gave me you. One day you and I would be parents and I promise to love you more then.” Jans hiccuped that made Sungmin, and anyone who knew the secret behind her hiccups, laugh.

 

Jen was thankful her make-up was waterproof. Otherwise she would have been a wet-faced raccon by the time the priest said, “You may now kiss your wife.”

 

She held her hands over her heart and whispered to herself, “I want that too.” But she knew that a love match was not in her stars. The silver ring reminded her of that.

 

 

SUNGMIN looked at LeeTeuk who was seated next to him. He was smiling at Jen who was giving her speech. He looked at his sister-in-law and saw something unusual with her left hand. Jen didn't wear rings unless there was a performance. And almost always it matched her clothes. His eyes grew big and he whispered to his lovely wife, “Look at her ring.” Jans did and had the same reaction. They smiled at each other and signed shhh with their fingers. The glasses were clinked and they indugled. After all, it was their wedding so they would enjoy it. The new lovebirds can keep their secret for now.

 

“MAY I have this dance?” Leeteuk didn't want Jen to get away so he swiftly led her to the dance floor while carefully holding just on the waist and hand. He knew that she was not going to say yes if he held her too close. But he was really hoping that he could show her that it's not a lonely event, this second wedding of her sister's.

 

“Feeling better?” he whispered near her ear, careful not to make it obvious that her perfume was making him crazy. She smelled like subtle green tea scent from a famous perfume line. Her hair was not in a tight bun but flowed on her back. Jans was the only one whose hair was pinned up with a tiara. Jen had flowers and pins on her hair too but it didn't stop him from wanting to comb it with his fingers.

 

They didn't notice the cameras and the phones that were directed at them. Leeteuk forgot that he was dancing with her in public and held he closer, smelling her hair and almost kissing it. Jen was shocked then slowly, as she closed her eyes, she couldn't help but smile. It's been a very very long time since someone held her like this.

 

“I CAN'T be with you because you don't love me enough.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter