-1-

Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eight years later....

 

It was a nice and cool autumn night. The street lamps were shinning brightly and there was very few people outside. Which was good. Maybe because I was always been alone, and for some reason I was not very fond of people. So being alone never really bothered me. Tonight was different. I was wandering around town with my hood on. Not having heard anything from 'the voice' for about eight months now, I thought that maybe it finally decided to leave me alone. Or maybe it was just planning something big. But I didn't really care, currently having other things to do. Being tired from work, working at a garage (yes, strange job for a girl but I like cars so just.... okay?), I asked to take the rest of the night off. My boss said yes, and gave me the week's pay. It was more than expected, but I never complained. I stopped by a Starbucks to get some coffee. There was a few familiar faces inside so I respectfully greet them.

"Good afternoon L" I said to a classmate of mine. He turns to me and smiles. His name was really Myungsoo, but he liked his nickname better. How he got the nickname L, I will never know.

"Afternoon? Its almost 11. What are you doing outside at a time like this?" He asks. L and I were pretty close, I had some other friends from school, and of course many admires. Many people assumed that L was dating me. I was the first one to deny those rumors, which made L a little sad. Did he really like me like that? I mean, yes I was pretty and all (for what I really was), but there was much better choices at school. I must of zoned out again, because L waves his hand in front of my face. Oh, yeah I almost forgot to answer his question. 

"Just finished work" I tell him. L grabs his drink and offers to pay for mine, which I refuse. I had more money than I needed. And I wasn't the type to accept things from other people easily. But after some nagging, L convinced me to let him pay for the coffee.

"Wanna walk with me?" He asks after we exit outside. I nod and we silently walk down the street. Knowing that L hated when it was quiet, you were surprised that he wasn't saying anything. I take a glance at him and see that he is starring at the ground. 

"Something wrong?" I ask L who sighs.

"My father got a good business offer" L's father was a businessman. He wasn't often home, but he clearly cared for his son and wife. I even got the chance to have dinner with him. He really was a good man, and a great father. I was sometimes jealous of L for his family. Two parents that cared for you and were always there when you needed them to? That's all you really wanted.

"That's great!" Right? That would mean more income.

"Yeah, it's good and all, but it means that we have to move.... to Korea" he says quietly. 

"Moving isn't that bad" you tell him.

"Yeah, I guess. But you've done it many times before. So you must be used to it". Just like me, L had secrets that he didn't want others to know. I knew that L's life was similar to mine, but he was free of a monster controlling him. How? I never had the chance to ask him. But apparently the process was long and painful. His eyes would glow a light blue instead of a blood red, like mine. Which is how I noticed that he was different from me.

"Just because I got used to it, doesn't mean that I like it" I mutter quietly. L is quiet, again, which worries me. This kid was always so happy and loud, I was probably the only one that saw him like this. Why? Because I was the only one who knew what he had to go through. 

"We can still keep in touch" I say, waving my phone in front of him. I rarely gave my number to anyone, but L was an expectation. L takes out his own phone and snaps a picture of the two of us together. We were so close to each other, that if anyone saw the photo they'd think that we were a couple. Of course, some people had mistaken us as a couple. Sometimes we'd deny it and sometimes we would go along with it. It was fun having L around. I knew that I was going to miss him. We turn to a darker street. No lamps and no light. It might seem like a dangerous place to be at in the middle of the night, well, maybe for other people. Not for us.

"Come on. It won't be that bad. Maybe you will-" I never got to finish because L interrupts with a kiss. When our lips meet, i feel the demon inside of me craving. Not for blood, no, this was a different feeling. After a daze, my lips respond and I kiss him back. I wrap my arms around L's neck, he moves his arms to my wait, lifting me off the ground a bit. I wonder is he's feelings the craving as much as me? He must. I open my glowing red eyes to meet his light blue eyes. L akwardly pulls away first, his glowing blue eyes giving me one last look. And then he disappears without saying a word. The desire to go after him is strong. But I can't. I'll probably never see him again. I should forget. Accepting what has happened, I walk back home, alone.

I pass some more friends on the way home, stopping to talk to a few of them. Everyone seems to be in a good mood, so I decide to not tell them about L leaving. It's one in the morning when I finally get home. Feeling tired, I quickly wash up and go to bed. Not being able to fall asleep, I take out the silver knife in my pocket. A birthday gift from L. It was the only gift I've ever accepted. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter