Chapter 5

The Bouquet of Black and Red

Days turned to weeks and into months. 

3 months flew by. 

I am still stuck here, alone with Tao. As always, he leaves after I had my breakfast. For what business? That I have no idea. He only comes back at around 8:45pm. 
But today is an exception, he reached home at 5pm surprisingly. 

"Haneul, can you cook me dinner? I bought fresh ingredients. It's in my car. The keys are on the dining table. I'm just gonna take a shower." 

He told me as I remained silently seated on the sofa, staring at the motion pictures of the box in front of me. 

It took me a while to register what he had just said before I did what he ordered me to. 

It was dark outside as the forest has stolen our view of the lovely sunset. The cold air caressed my bare skin, 
gently yet harshly. Even though the day has not yet ended, the sun was still setting at a miraculously fast pace. In about a couple of minutes, it was dark and shady. I knew I had got to head put now or it will be a tad bit too late to find my way back to the house.

I carried my pocket knife for safety sake and hugged myself tightly to keep myself as warm as possible. 

I ventured out of the house for the very first time ever since I stepped into the dungeons I call home. I stepped into the foreign surroundings. It was different from what I usually see from the windows. The ground is covered with a thin sheet of ice, the green grass has turned into a soft yellow haven, the trees has started shedding its lovely green hair as it turns into an ugly dark shade of orange. A long trail of  earth led me towards the main road; the one which cars will drive by. 

From what I know, Tao's car is a silver grey convertible. It wasn't that hard to spot from the house. It was parked on the road side, hidden behind a small green shrub of wilting roses. 

I brisk-walked to the location. The surroundings were a blur to me. With shivering fingers, I unlocked his car and took out the fresh groceries. I felt someone's eyes on me. I looked around and found a man, he was leaning onto a trunk of an abscised cedar tree and stared at me; into my eyes. 

Blue meets brown. 

He wore a long dark hoodie that hid all his features except his bright blue eyes. He opened his mouth and whispered a couple of incoherent words. His blinding white teeth was exposed. 

He gave a smirk and along with the fog that came quickly, he disappeared, just like that. 

Into the darkness of the forest fog. 

I didn't really bother myself with his presence, he may just be a stranger who somehow lost his way. I took all the groceries and headed back into the house. 

In a couple of moments, dinner was being served on the dining table. 

Tao came down minutes later. He looked different; gone was the long black mane of his. His hair now short, no longer existing as a long pony tail. 

This change made him look like a whole new person. He looked more fierce and alert. His previous hairstyle made him look sleezy and untidy. 

I stood there, still as a statue as he walked down like a prince. His broad shoulders, sharp alert cat-like eyes, straight-edged nose, chocolate milk skin, and lovely short hair captivated me.

He gave me a look and I immediately went to the seat opposite him, the only seat available. 

I sat there, feeling out of place and embarrased. Tao just continued eating and eating. He offered me a piece of meat. The chopsticks were right in front of my face, more like my mouth. 

Smoke still was emitting out of that piece of meat, but that didn't really bother me. I just opened my mouth and 
bit the meat. 

It scalded my tongue the instant it came in contact with it. I felt like a dragon, huffing and puffing all the smoke out in an attempt to cool the meat. Tao just stared at me as I continue with this act. He went to the kitchen and came back with a glass of cold water a few seconds later. He handed it to me and I gulped it all down. 

But sadly, fate was truly against me. 

As I swallowed the piece of meat, I ended up choking. Tao just looked at me petrified. He quickly sent big pats to my back to unclog that meat in my trachea. A few moments later, I felt air gushing through my windpipe. The meat then slid down into my stomach. 

I stared at Tao and weakly thanked him. He just gave me a broad smile. Which later became a snicker, then a laughter. 

I couldn't help but join in this laughing fest. His laughter was music in my ears. I could go on forever with this piece of music replaying on my playlist. This persisted for about a couple of minutes. 

I didn't realise that he had leaned close to me.

Without a warning, he just stopped his laughter. Panting, he leaned his forehead against mine and let our noses touched. His heavy deep breaths fanned against my neck. His chest heaving gently with each breaths, his eyes continue to wander towards my lips. Tao shifted his weight so that he is leanng onto the dining table, in a way, he is seated on it. As for me, I was still on the chair, staring into his emotion filled eyes.

Captivating me with the passing seconds.

He continued to lean in, until the distance between our lips were just an inch apart. His eyes showed his desire to do this. Such deep brown orbs of his. He gave me a choice to move away. 

But I didn't. 

My heart told me to accept this. 

And I did. 

I leaned in forward and pressed my lips against his. 

My very first kiss. 

***

HEY THERE! I know it has been quite some time since I posted a chapter cos of my exams and all. So I'm back with another chapter! AND WITH A PARTNER!

Yea, my coauthor here, smilinglights, is an extremely good friend of mine! She is going to help me with this fic. (well, I kinda have forced her to so... yea...) And since she has always been so supportive of my writings and all, I thought that maybe she can help me with this fanfic. since, 1) we are in the same class 2) we are seatmates 3) we have loads of things to talk about.

So yea, welcome the coauthor of this ff! *claps*

-awkward-

Anyways, I am going to update this fanfic more often(I hope) during this period cos it's gonna be vacation soon. YAY! (Oh gosh, I feel so OOC now. Must be the time. I am currently typing this at like 10.58PM and I'm having school tomorrow.)

So I hope you like this chapter:) And hope to hear from you readers soon!

-Blue