Found

Re-reading the last chapter (Married to... My EX!)

Minho and I ran downstairs without another thought. The voice belonged to Dara. We found ourselves on the ground floor. The front door was wide open. At the bottom of the stairs was sitting on the floor was Dara seeming to be injured with Bomi and Minzy caring for her. While on the other side of the room, I heard a struggle. From the corner of my eye I see Minho kneeling down to help aid Dara. 

"Get off of me!" The deep voice yelled. I couldn't see him. He was surrounded by Jonhyun, Onew and Key while Taemin was close by on the phone calling the police. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jonghyun asked him. The fact that the boys weren't afraid made it seem that they knew the person, and the voice was familiar. 

"The Seo family has moved out so this is anyone's property" The voice shouted back in a harsh tone. I walked towards them finding my voice above the chaos with Minho following behind for protection. 

"This property is MINE, until tomorrow" I walked towards the crowd of males. Shinee moved aside letting me see the face of the perpertrator. 

"Kai?" I whisper. He was wearing dark blue jeans with a khaki sweatshirt and trainers - not very Kai style. They were a bit tattered from the struggle and his face was pissed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback 

I walked out of school finally relieved that the week was over. The best bit was that my birthday was today and I couldn't wait to spend it with my friends and boyfriend. I walked out with a massive smile to meet my group of friends on a road near by. Our usual meeting place. 

"Hey, isn't that Luhan?" Sunny said which turned my direction to a male walking within the crowd on the opposite side of the road. 

"No, it couldn't be. He would leave without wishing me a 'happy birthday' and he wouldn't forget my birthday" I reponsded back to Sunny while the two only people with us Yoona and Sooyoung looked at the back of the male walking away. 

"It sure looks like him Seo" Sooyoung regretfully spoke as I whipped my head around. It had to be him. I know from many moments sneaking up behind him to give him a hug. I would know that back. And that walk. The way he strides with his head held up. It is him and he is going home. Yoona comforted me and normally a girl would be filled with rage and anger but I had to be considerate, maybe he had a bad day and it slipped his mind. 

Seeing my friends friendly faces I brushed it off. The crowd apporaching us was Taeyeon, Kai and Sehun. 

"Seo! Happy birthday" Both boys ran up to be and gave me a massive hug. Our group began to walk towards our bus stop. when Kai walked infront of me and stopped me from walking further. 

"Seo... nice hair. Real nice. What shampoo do you use?" Kai asked in an overly friendly way. I gave a slight chuckle as Sooyoung narrowed her eyes at him while he stood there, almost the sight of an uncomfortable boy. 

"Can we talk about it while we walk?" I said moving on a different path when Kai stepped the same way to stop me. 

"Kai what is you problem? Let he walk" Sooyoung intruded. While the two has a back and forth small banter I waited impatiently to get through. Kai moved out of the way looking at his watch while the others were far ahead. 

When Sooyoung, Kai and I reached the bus stop, our group was found in a crowd. Once they saw me coming, Luhan came our from te group holding flowers. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Seo are you okay?" Minho asked taking me out of my daze. I returned finding the police at my side looking at him. 

"This person broke into this house. We started to search the entire area until we trapped him on the second floor" Key answered. That mean Minho and I ran right past him. 

"Look sir, I didn't know that there was anyone left in the house. I came from the road behind the house so I went to the back door" Kai explained the man next to me.

"Then why did you burn the lock? When a door is closed it means 'stay out' and if you defy that you are trespassing" Jonghyun pointed out to which the police officers agreed with him already taking out their cuffs.

"I'm a kid, what do you expect? For me to come all this way and go back just because of a lock?" Kai tried to reason as the police were cuffing his arms behind his back and reciting the miranda rights. He followed them obediently and I distinctly recalled a look of sorrow and acceptance. 

"You could have tried the front door!" Minho called out. The others looked satisfied. Even Dara who was well on her feet. But I stood there in confusion. Why was Kai in my house. What did he want? Nothing valuable was in my house. My parents took it all. And it's not like Kai needed the money. He was wealthier than I was. All these reasons baffled me and I felt that there was more than this.