Where do we lie?

Re-reading the last chapter (Married to... My EX!)

I wave goodbye to my parents. While I stood at the threshold of my home - that is until tomorrow when my home will no longer be my home. I watched until the car is out of my sight. My parents have already packed up their things and sent their belongings to america while today I deal with my own. I fully offered to pack up my own things so that I would have more time to say goodbye and start fresh by throwing away things I hoarded and start with a clean plate. Besides they were in a hurry to move to America while I cherish every moment I am in the house. I walked back into the empty structure. The built-in fire place in the living room was covered in a white sheet along with the heavy wooden furniture. The walls were empty and the windows were bare. The house seemed so empty, I thought that the removal of our things would strip the house of any connection with me. Although it seemed to connect with me more. The house empty reminded me when I was a child. When I first came in the house as a child holding my mothers hand. I remember touching the marble pillars and the carvings around it. It seemed magical to me, a palace. I remember as a small child I looked up finding a large staircase right down the middle. This was the main staircase where I would find myself running up and down playing hide and seek with Mrs Kim who has followed my parents to america and continue working for them. The entire house seemed like a massive labarinth to me and the possible hiding places seemed endless. My thoughts were cut by the loud footsteps of Minho carrying a box down the stairs. 

"Are you okay Seo?" He asked in concern. I nodded with a smile. I don't think I was convincing as he sighed and placed the box down. My friends have decided to help me pack despite their protest for me to stay and Minho was the first to arrive. We have just started to pack my things, and considering my wealth plus my hoarding tendencies, packing my things may take the whole day. 

"You're going to miss this place? Aren't you?" He said as he approached me. Before I answered he pulled me into his arms. His arms tightened around me and I could hear his heart beat, going faster than usual. He's probaly worried about me - how could I do that to him? He has alwasy cared for me and all I do is bring up unesessary problems. 

"This is my childhood Minho, it's a piece of me." I went on feeling my eyes water as I spoke my thoughts out loud.  

"I know Seo, don't worry. It's a part of life to move on" Minho rubbed my back. I'm so thankful to have him. What he said was true. And is seemed to chip off a little of my anxiety. My inner self sat on a chair and nodded in agreement as well as taking a deep breath in defeat.

"Besides, think about the future ahead of you. You get to start fresh with no problems." Minho spoke with encouragement and it was true. How could I forget this oppotunity to turn my life back around? To not be known as anything and be a new me.

"You're right, I could become the person I want to be" I spoke back and he immediately released me from his hold, placing his hands on my shoulders. His face was contorted to one of confusion and rejectment. 

"No Seo. Don't change. There is nothing wrong with you. It's the people around you. They are the ones who need to change themselves." I looked away not wanting to hear it. I find Minho's hand move swiftly to my face cupping my cheeks, making me face him. 

"Listen to me Seohyun, do not change. I like you the way you are. Promise me" He was persistent and those eyes that looked as if he was about to break down forced me to utter the words. "I promise, Minho". The proximity of our faces were the closest it has ever been. I can feel his warm steady breath against mine. Minho was known around both our schools as a 'play boy' or 'the ladies man'. Despite him constantly bringing around girlfriends whom he 'sleeps' with then break up, he has been a great close friend to me. Out of all our friends he is the one who has 'fooled' around alot. Including one night stands, quick sessions in the public toilets and the infamous car scenes. The rumour of him knocking up a couple of girls - they aren't rumours and the amount of times I have comforted him about being a father to anonymous girls was painful to go through. Seeing Minho so weak and afraid, I knew we needed each other, we had to be friends. He knows I hate his behaviour towards women and fights have come about this topic. But as time fly and we have grown, I've come to accept him the way he is. However I have never noticed how close we were. How he alway protected me, how he comforted me. I never knew how handsome he was. How plump his lips look and how his deep the emotions behind his eyes were. I find myself intrigued. Becoming closer and closer. He began to tilt his head and his lips were reaching mine.

"HAAA" I screamed. Frightened in place while Minho bent down to pick up the item. It was a rock. A rock that has smashed through the window. He looked at me as if I had the answer. It was my home after all. I shook my head in fright and looked towards the window. Minho sprinted to  window as I watched him search all corners the window allowed him to see the perpertrator. He turns to me and shakes his head. We hear noises from the open door and Minho swiftly grabs my softball bat ready to swing. 

"Hey guyss... woah, Minho I just borrowed your shirt, I didn't know it would bother you" Key said hiding behind CL while the rest looked on in confusion. Key, Jonghyun, Taemin and Onew along with Minzy, Dara, Bomi and CL made their way through the door as we all stood in front of the larg staircase. 

"Sorry, you didn't see anyone around the house?" Minho asked them to which they shook their heads. He placed his bat down but I could still see the fierce in his stace. 

"This rock was thrown through the window" Minho showed them the rock while pointing towards the broken window with the softball bat. Thw window had shards of glass on the floor revealing the woodlands as my house was surrouded by acres of forestry. This was convinent during business parties my parents held. The loud sounds and the massive crowds could easily move around due to the large house and the large space around the house, taking advantage of the woodland. 

"Who threw it?" CL asked to which we both shrugged. We all imediately turned to the sound of a door creaking towards the back of the house. We all moved slowly towards the sound finding the back door open. 

"Seo, why would you leave the door open?" CL scolded momentarily relieved  but I stood in fright. 

"She didn't. When I came that door was locked. I had to ask Seo for the keys but she didn't have it. Her parents gave the remaining keys back" Minho explained earning gasps from everyone as we all huddled together. Looking at our surroundings making sure we were safe. 

"It's be forced open. The lock has been burnt off which make senses. You guys wouldn't hear anything and the smoke would instantly evaporate into the air" Jonghyun bent down examining the lock. Him and his scientific knowledge didn't comfort us. 

"That means the perpertrator may be in the house. What if the rock was a distraction while they sneak in?" Bomi blurted out earning glares from all of us. She held her hand to her face in shock. Jonghyun stood and began his authority as leader. 

"Seo, are all the windows and doors locked?" Jonghyun asked me. Everyone looked towards me. I nodded my head feeling my palms shake. 

"Except for the front door. I only have the key for the front door" I took the single key out of my pocket and held it out to them. Jonghyun thought for a moment then began his instructions. The boys weren't afraid, except Taemin and Key but both held it in. The girls were strong women and seemed to be determined to catch this person. 

"Seo and Minho go check the third floor. Dara and Key check the second floor. Taemin and Minzy check the ground floor. Make sure to check everywhere. They could be hiding everywhere. While Onew, CL, Bomi and I will circle the perimeter outside the house. If the perpertrator is anywhere in the house we can trap him." Minho grabbed my hand as he took the bat in the other and headed to the main staircase.

"Luckily I grabbed your adventure things. Walkie talkies guys. One for each pair." Minho said as he passed each pair their own walkie talkie. 

My friends gathered anything sharp and potientially dangerous. Onew, CL, Bomi and Jonghyun grabbed softball bats from the box Minho was previously carrying, Dara and I grabbed my tennis raquets, Taemin found a mallet in kitchen, Minzy held a grabbed my camera stand and Key held barbeque tongs.

"What are you going to do Key? Pick them up using your tongs" Everyone sniggered but was quickly silenced when Jonghyun kept his finger to his lips.

"We can't let the perpertrator know we know he is here. He might run." Jonghyun whispered to us. I looked at Minho who grabbed large silver candle stand from the built-in fireplace and handed it to Taemin. Onew, CL, Bomi and Jonghyun were headed outside. I followed them as Jonghyun signalled me to come over. 

"The back door is still open. I told them to immediately go the the back door so the perpertator may think he has an escape route. Once we leave lock the front door. Guys if you need to get out of the house. Use the back door. Stay safe and stay in your pairs" He spoke in a hushed tone. The others were close by to hear. Once I had locked the door we had separated.  Taemin and Minzy went the around the ground floor to circle the entire place leaving the back last. Minho and I followed Dara and Key upstairs where they started from one end of the hall way while Minho and I went up another level and started with the room at the end of the hallway. This was usually the employee headquarters. He slowly opened one room after the other and held his bat tight. I watched his back as he entered the room. It wa dead silent despite six people around the house. I looked outside at the window at the end of the hallway seeing Minzy with her softball bat ready to strike. She gave me a thumbs up and I nodded back. The silence killed. 

"HELP!"