Part Three

Goodbye Doesn't Mean Forever

[his POV]

I could hear the phone ringing and ringing, but she didn't pick up. “C’mon c’mon. Pick up!”  I pulled to a gentle stop as the light had turned red. The ringing stopped and I could hear background noises. “Yeboseyo? Jonghyun, remember to pick me up at Dong Yu Bar. Quick, I’m in a bit of a rus-“ I didn’t recall her telling to meet there, especially after the big fiasco a little while ago. Male voices could be heard in the background. "What? Why are you there? Who's there with you? Are you drunk?" I drilled her with questions. 

I grew alarmed as I heard a loud clank followed by Jessica’s cry before a jumble of intelligible sounds. “Yeboseyo? Yeboseyo? Jessica? Jessica!” I was met with nothing more than the voices I couldn’t already hear. I pushed on the gas pedal as the light turned green, and sped down the deserted streets. I didn’t care that I was passing red light after red light without stopping. My only thought was on Jessica. My poor baby. I punched in the location that she had mentioned earlier into my GPS. I ignored all the traffic rules of the road, and just drove. Cars honked and pedestrians swore, but I didn’t pay it any attention. My only goal is to get to Jessica before anything else happened to her. I just hope I arrive in time. 

“Huff…Huff…Huff…Huff…” I realized my phone was still on speak as I could hear the sound of heavy breathing. “Jessica? Jessica? Are you alright?” My heart skipped a beat when the sound of a gunshot reverberated in the background.  “Jessica, if you can hear me, I’m coming to get you.” Don’t worry baby, I’m coming.

[her POV]

Tae Kyung began to run after me. As I glanced back, she saw the glint of a knife in the moonlight. Great, he has not only a gun but a knife too! Panic filled me, and I tried to speed up. Dark clouds shadowed the light of the moon, I tumbled over some garbage.  The man had caught up, and I was sobbing once again. "Save it girly. We tried to play nice, now you're gonna pay for hurting my best friend. Should have listened to me when you had the chance. "

In a last attempt to escape, I punched him squarely in the jaw. The sound of bone cracking filled the otherwise quiet night as my fist met with his unshaven face. I hustled to my feet, and ran across the barren field we had reached. I stared back to see the man had gotten up. Dear god, someone save me.