Crazy Day

A Broken Promise?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoomi stayed over the boy's house that night, she struggled to fall asleep. The image of what happened earlier could never slip her mind. She tossed and the bed trying to make herself comfortable. The boys and Ya Mi thought she wasn't affected by what happened because she kept inform them she was fine because this is the old stuff. However, deep down inside, she was very afraid. After half an hour fighting for sleep, she decided to get some late night snacks. She went to the kitchen and roam around the room trying to find something to munch on. As she was looking in the fridge for food, a figure was standing behind her observing.

 

"Looking for these?" A voice from behind was heard. She jumped and quickly went into defense mode as a habit. 

 

"Calm down Yoomi, it's just me" Jackson smiled sweetly at her

 

"Oh yeah, I'm at your house." She mentally face palm herself. 

 

"Here you go" Jackson held up Yoomi's favorite late night snack in his hand, swaying it to temp her.

 

"Oh my God," she snatched the dark almond chocolate bar and ran off to the living room. "This is wonderful. Thanks jackjack" 

 

Jackson followed her out and they settled down onto the big couch. 

 

"What's on the TV now?.." she quietly sang as she grabbed the remote, turning on the TV.

 

"Yes!" she motioned her fist, "Hi School! Love On" Yoomi got excited to see her favorite drama was airing. 

 

"Woohyun. Woohyun," she cooed, "How can you be so dreamy?" Yoomi's lips curled up at the sight of Woohyun.

 

"He is so cute! His voice too. His character is like so him in real life," she showered him with compliments, "Can't believe he's 20 something and acting with a 14 years old girl. They better not kiss" Yoomi spazzed up and down on the couch. 

 

"Yoomi shut up! He's not that great!" annoyed by Yoomi's loud voice, Jackson whined loudly, almost screaming.

 

"Yes he is!" she extended the words, "His voice in Back is like amazing! Have you not heard his voice?" Yoomi fed Jackson a piece of chocolate to make him shut up.

 

"I did watch the MV, and he's not great like me," he pointed to himself confidently. Yoomi ignored him and got her attention back to the drama.

 

"Did he just take off his clothes?" Yoomi's eyes sparkled as she halted her chocolate eating to eye caress his body.

 

"Oh no no," he stole the remote, "You are not watching this no more, this is too rated for my little girl" Jackson quickly shut off the TV.

 

"Hey!!" she yelled, "I was watching it!"  

 

"Give me the remote" Yoomi yanked her arm trying to get the remote that Jackson would never give up on. 

 

"Fine! Be like that," Yoomi huffed as she sat back on the couch to enjoy her chocolate.

 

"Hey, Yoomi." Jackson quietly said her name as she stared at her with concern laced in his eyes.

 

She replied with a faint mumble through the sweet treat.

 

"You're scared aren't you?" Jackson asked in a soft tone. 

 

Yoomi looked up at Jackson and faintly smiled, "Of course..." she sighed, "my bro Jackson would know." He smiled at her slightly.

 

"I don't know why Jackson," she began, "I never felt any family happiness after my dad left me. Everything is so different and my mom changed too." Her eyes were starting to get watery as she explained the situtation.

 

"It's okay Yoomi," Jackson quickly put his arm around her shoulder and she put her head on his shoulder for comfort, "It's okay" 

 

"It should have been me," her voice shook, "if it wasn't for me, then my dad would still be here, then my mom wouldn't change and I would be living with a happy family" a tear dropped onto Yoomi's cheek. 
 
 

Jackson patted her back "Hey don't say that!" he disagreed, "If you weren't here, got7 wouldn't have been made, Ya Mi wouldn't be your girl and we would never be best friends" he hugged her tighter.

 

"That's true. At least I have you guys to stay with me," she hugged him back. 

 

"We'll be right here for you whenever," Jackson her cheek. 

 

"Now can you turn on the tv?" she wiped the rest of her tears. "The drama is over already" Yoomi went back to her whiny self.

 

"Yeah yeah, whatever" he switched the tv back on and music bank was playing. 

 

"Hehe, I couldn't see Woohyun in the drama so he's here to meet me again" Yoomi smiled and sang along to Infinite's Back.

 

"Wow. You guys are meant to be" Jackson sarcastically joked at her remark.

 

"Oh yeah we are. Totally!" Yoomi and Jackson had a small laugh. As they were enjoying the music, Yoomi slowly drifted off to sleep in Jackson's warm hug. She felt secured and safe in his embrace. 

 

Jackson checked on Yoomi "She's finally sleeping" he sighed.

 

"How can my cute little sister be in such a dreadful family?" He slowly stood up from the couch causing Yoomi to stir a bit and woke up. 

 

"Good, I thought I was going to carry you, pig." Jackson joked.

 

"Get up and go to your room." Jackson lightly hit Yoomi's head. Without saying anything, Yoomi stretched out her arms like a baby waiting for Jackson to carry her. 

 

He sighed "Ugh, the suffering....." He smiled before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter