027

Moonlight

The last few days have been pure bliss. In all her life Yue can’t remember ever being this happy, nor did she ever think she could be happy after the death of her parents. Yet here she was, hopelessly in love with twelve werewolves, and she wouldn’t have it any other way.
 

If she knew that bliss would be torn apart the next day she wouldn’t have gone to school. It started off as any ordinary day, the boys arguing over Yue and her being in a happy state. Lunch had come and she managed to separate herself from them in order to put her book away. Someone was waiting for her however. Dongwoo had tiptoed his way to her back, Yue not noticing anything until she almost jumped out of her skin. His hands were against her hips, forcefully making her turn to face him. Fear was evident in her eyes as she came face to face with Dongwoo, a creepy smile on his lips. Before he could even open his mouth though his hands were being ripped off of her, coming face to face with a very angry Kai. The rest of the boys were behind him, looking just as angry and Yue could have sighed in relief, but the rest of Infinite was coming up from the side. The two groups stared each other down while the girl looked at both groups in concern. Kris spoke up first.

 

“What’s with this? Dongwoo has been messing with Yue for months now. What do you guys want? Can’t you just leave us and our mate alone?” The girl could have sworn that Dongwoo scoffed at the word mate.

 

“Mate? She doesn’t belong with you dogs, we should have gotten here sooner,” The youngest, Sungjong, replied as he spat at the ground.

 

“Well obviously since we’ve all bonded with her she does, so can you just do us a favor and piss off?”

 

“She wasn’t meant to be with you! She’s supposed to be one of us!” Yue’s eyes widened at this, glancing over them with a panicked expression. Myungsoo avoided her gaze.

 

“And what the hell does that mean?” Suho questioned, his eyebrow rising up when he noticed Yue’s look and it confused him. An unfamiliar feeling bubbled in his stomach and he didn’t like it one bit.

 

“What? Your precious princess hasn’t told you? She’s known since-,” At this Yue couldn’t keep shut anymore.

 

“Stop it! Just stop it! It doesn’t matter!” She yelled towards Infinite, desperate as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. She had planned to tell them, she really did- but the last few weeks were so hectic and fun she totally forgot about it. EXO is shocked by her reaction, each one of them glancing at her and she can feel their gazes burning in the back of her head.

 

“Well looks like the cat’s out of the bag. Your choice Yue, we can tell them or you can,” Sunggyu says somewhat apologetically as he glances over at the petrified girl. She’s silent, going over her options in her head but she still can’t get herself to face her boys nor can she say anything.

 

“We knew Yue’s parents,” Sungyeol finally speaks up after a few minutes of silence, Yue’s head falls and she stares at the ground in shame.

 

“What’s the hell does that mean?” Kai questions, frustrated and still staring at his mate, wanting her to say something.

 

“What do you think it means? Her parents were chasers! Yue is a born chaser!”

 

At this the wolves were silent, shocked at this sudden news. The elder ones were silent, their hearts breaking. Sehun moved over to Yue, pulling her around to face him. She was in tears at this point as the maknae held her.

“Yue, it’s not true is it? It’s lies right? There’s no way….no way you’re one of them,” He yelled, not at her but he was in denial. Yue bit her lip as she stayed silent. Her silence only confirmed it as he let go of her and stormed off.

 

“Sehun!” She called out, her heart breaking in two as she watched him walk away. One glance at the rest of her boys made her want to cry again. “P-please understand. I didn’t always know-”

 

“Yue- We...we need some time to think okay?” The ever responsible Suho gave her a forced smile, turning around with the rest of the wolves as they walked away. Never had she ever experienced something as painful as this, every step they took away from her it was like someone was stabbing her. She stood there, crying into her hands and she wanted nothing more than to crawl into a hole and die.

 

Myungsoo walked slowly up to the girl, placing a hand on her shoulder.

 

“Yue, I’m so sorry-” She didn’t let him go any further as she turned to him, her tears were now ones of anger and the male was shocked to see such an emotion on the girl.

 

“Shut up! No you’re not! You’re not sorry at all. Now that my boyfriends hate me you think i’m just going to go with you? Think again. You know, I trusted you Myungsoo. You were the nicest out of everyone and I thought that I finally might have a friend. I should’ve known better. I will always love my wolves. For 18 years of my life I never knew what my parents were and I don’t care if I was born to be a chaser! I refuse! I love them! I love them! I’m so sorry Myungsoo, that I can’t be with you. I’m too in love with them,”


After her small meltdown she walks away, leaving Myungsoo with a frown.

 

A/N

Uh-oh! Trouble in paradise.