022

Moonlight

Now normally Yue never celebrated valentine's day. Sure she might have bought chocolates for her father once in awhile, she never had a boyfriend. Much less...twelve. So here she was, making homemade chocolates for her wolves. Wait- they were technically dogs right? Would chocolate kill them? Yue stopped in the middle of stirring the mix, panicking that she didn’t have anything to give them. Suddenly she remembered the time she had caught Kris munching on several chocolate bars, claiming that he was going to give them to the maknaes...only to eat it for himself. Of course, she had let him finish the chocolate- only if he promised to go buy the younger ones some more.

Laid out in small clear bags and tied with red ribbon was 13 homemade chocolates she made for just the boys. The extra one however was for Myungsoo. She had intended to give it to him, and ask him about the journal. As much as she didn’t want to, and wanted to forget the whole thing her curiosity had been piqued and she just had to know. So many questions to ask, and she was going to get them. She knew though, that no matter what she wasn’t going to leave her wolves. Yue was completely and utterly attached to the point where she knew that she liked them, the same way they all liked her and to be honest, she loved it.

Before going back to the house where the boys were probably lounging about, wondering where she was at, she decided to pay Myungsoo a visit first. She knocked on the door, hoping that it would be him to answer the door as she shook slightly, nervousness taking over her as the door began to open. It revealed Myungsoo, a confused expression on his face as if he was shocked that she was even here. He closed the door behind him, hoping none of his brother would notice.

“Yue? What are you doing here?”

“Oh uh- first this is for you,” She mumbles, handing him the bag of chocolates. “It’s just for- you being nice to me, you know when no one else was. Also, I need to know. How did you have my mother’s journal?” His stare is anywhere but at her, not sure how to explain what’s going on before he sighs.

“The truth is, your parents were chasers.” Her eyes widen drastically, agape at his sudden confession.

“We’ve known your parents for awhile now, our parents were fairly good friends. The hunter community is tight knit in small communities like this. The only reason you didn’t know was that your mother didn’t want you to know. When you were to turn 18, your parents were going to tell you and start training you. They...also had planned for me to marry you once you found out-Of course, unfortunately they didn’t make it to that age. That’s why I gave you the Journal. You have the right to know,” He says, never looking at the girl directly as he made eye contact with the ground.

Yue stood there in shock, unsure what to say as her head tried to grasp the information Myungsoo had just given her. Did that mean? She was supposed to be a chaser? The very thing that killed Sehun’s parents? The monsters trying to hurt her wolves? No, Yue had made up her mind right then and there. She loved her parents dearly but she knew that they would never force her into this world, nor was she about to join their world. Maybe if she hadn’t met the boys she would join, for the fact it was what her parents did, but everything has changed. Yue was in love with them and there was nothing she could do anymore. She gave Myungsoo a small smile that shocked him.

“Thank you. Thank you for telling me, but I’m sorry. I won’t become one, nor can I marry you. I know they wouldn’t force this on me. I still hope we can become friends Myungsoo, you’re a really nice guy. Happy Valentines Day, now if you’ll excuse me, I have some wolves to get back to,” And with that, Yue left Myungsoo standing at his front door with a conflicted look upon his face.

 

************

 

 

Yue attempted to sneak into the house without being noticed, however, she knew that it was a long shot. The moment she stepped through the door, the boys could easily smell her as they ran towards her.

“Yue!” The maknae said, attaching himself onto the girl as she stumbled when he barged into her side. “Where were you? Is that- chocolate I smell,”

“Now, now. Patience Sehun, Can you gather everyone in the living room. I’ll tell you then okay?” She smiles, successfully getting Sehun’s attention as he nods his head quickly and ran to gather his brothers.

“Guys! Yue has something for us!” He yells excitedly, grabbing a seat on the couch quickly. Within seconds Yue was surrounded by the boys, all of them sitting on the couch with excited eyes as she stood in front of them, her bad on the table. The wolves eying it carefully before she laughed. She carefully pulled out two bags before she handed it to the person it belonged to. She repeated this process 12 times before everyone held their proper bag. They all still looked at her, awaiting instruction as she rolled her eyes.

“Happy Valentines Day guys. I uh- made these for you,” She said, feeling suddenly shy as she grinned sheepishly.  All of them smiled brightly as they opened their chocolates, their hearts swelled with happiness. Almost all of them jumped up and ran towards the girl, crushing her in a group hug.

“You do love us!”

“Yue! You’re so cute!”

“Guys I think you’re crushing her,” Kris said, walking over to pry the boys off before sneakily grabbing her to place a small kiss upon her lips. “Although they’re right, you’re so cute,” He grinned, looking at the now blushing girl while the others whined in protest.

“Ugh- this was a bad idea,” She groaned, not really meaning it as she watched the boys attack Kris with a small fond smile on her lips.

A/N
That feel when you want to write but you want to write anything but this.
Rip me