Putting the best foot forward

Looks can be oh so deceiving...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri went to her final class of the day, English. She knew that she'd still have to deal with Jessica even if the dean made them get out the halls.

 

 

 

“*sigh* I wish that we all could just get along.” Yuri mumbled as made her way to the classroom a minute before she was late. She went through the open door as she was greeted by her fellow peers that loved her.

 

 

 

She only smiled and bowed as she went over to her seat that of course had Jessica's purse in it. Yuri grimaced as she would now have to ask her to remove her purse from out of her seat. Yuri dreaded this is every time she had to go to English class. It's almost as if Jessica did this on purpose just to be spiteful just for the hell of it. Yuri wouldn't be surprised if she did do it on purpose, seeing as she was just an anyways.

 

 

 

 

Yuri sighed and decided to go ahead and get the dreadful task out of the way. “Jessica sshi.” Yuri spoke up sternly. Jessica looked at her waiting for her to ask to move her purse that she wanted her to start some trouble with her. If there's one thing Jessica enjoys is publicly humiliating people if you haven't noticed.

 

 

 

 

Jessica looked at her with a harsh glare piercing through her soul as she rebuttal “What the hell do you want?” seething through her clenched teeth. Yuri cleared before replying, “Your purse is in my seat.” Jessica scoffed at the matter at hand, “And? It's worth more than your black so you and your seat you burnt .” the I've princess spoke.

 

 

 

 

Their peers heard the entire contain confrontation and desired to define Yuri but they desired to not step up to Jessica's icy cold wrath as well. However Yuri had enough of the mind games and the bull, “ if you and your purse want a throne so bad go to the white piece of porcelain down the hall to left that waits for you and your ing flushing.” Yuri spat.

 

 

 

 

The girls' peers burst out with laughter and snickers as Yuri sabotage Jessica's humiliation efforts like a true genius. Jessica's eyes widened in disbelief that her own method has been used against her. “Alright class, sorry I'm late.” the English teacher said as he came in late. “Had a s.w.o.t. meeting so that's why I was not present. But I am now and let's get started.” he said eagerly.

 

 

 

 

He noticed that Yuri was standing because of Jessica's bag being in her seat. He rolled his eyes, “Ms. Jung your handbag is not that important to take up another student's seat. However, if you do find that it is you can go talk to your Dean, but I think you'd rather just move it for Yuri to sit. Ne?” he told the spoiled brat.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica did as asked and didn't make a single remark, seeing as she'd been humiliated enough. Her eyes could only glare a fierce hole into the back of Yuri's head. “You ed with the wrong one you ugly little .” was all Jessica could think through the entire class period.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

School was over and Yuri was glad that it was seeing as today was her very first home field hockey game. She was so excited about the whole thing that she struggled to pay attention to anyone that had nothing to do with the sport. But now her long-awaited game was finally here as she made her way to the locker room.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yul Yul is finally here, time to get this party started.” a familiar voice that chance it out in the locker room. Yuri turned around and to see Taeyeon with her very own eyes, she was flabbergasted. Yuri nearly spilled over from holding her tears back as she ran over to hug her best friend.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was taken aback to seeing her best friend react. “Tae you ing pabo I thought I never see you again.” Yuri cried. Taeyeon tried to act like a tough guy, but Yuri could always see through it. “Geez Yul, I feel like I went to war overseas and you're happy to see me back.” the shorter one joked.

 

 

 

 

Yuri released the girl and chuckled darkly before as Hyoyeon put the older one in a headlock which took her by surprise. “Hey, what the hell is going on.” Taeyeon freaked out as to why Yuri was giving her a dark look. Soon Sooyoung, Hyuna, and Sohyun emerged from behind Yuri with the same dark look in their eyes.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was frightened by it all, “Yo Yul, w-what the hell is going on?!” Taeyeon tried to squirm away but Hyoyeon's dead lock headlock was not giving her any room to budge. Yuri smirked at her Co Captain that was once missing as she as the other girls beside her crossed their arms.

 

 

 

 

“Unnie!” Hyuna raised her voice to girl. Taeyeon's almond eyes looked at her waiting for get to finish saying something. “You mind explaining where the hell you've been?” Hyuna was just as salty feeling as Yuri. Taeyeon gulped as there was no way out of this but going straight through it.

 

 

 

 

“I-” Taeyeon mustered out as she her dry lips, “I-I needed a break from everything and one so I didn't show up to school.” Taeyeon lowered her head in shame. Yuri and the other girls felt bad for Taeyeon and understood her actions. Hyoyeon released her and wrapped her arm around her neck.

 

 

 

 

“We're here for you dude, more than you think. If you ever wanna talk we're always available.” Hyoyeon said for the group collectively as they all nodded their heads yes. “Unnie.” Hyuna burst into tears as she leaped to hug her cousin. Taeyeon hugged her back and kissed her head, “Mianhae Hyun.” Taeyeon chortled as she choked up in tears.

 

 

 

 

The rest of the girls group hugged the two as the ended up giggling at their bond. “Alright, we better get ready before the rest of the team sees us like a big mush.” Hyoyeon laughed dorkily. They all agreed as the went to prepare for the game.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, a steaming Auburn haired girl was plotting a devious plan against the one person that continually questions her true authority. “Jessie!” Tiffany yelled to her friend that was spacing out. Jessica snapped out of her deep thought and looked at Tiffany like she was lost as hell.

 

 

 

 

“Mwo Steph?” Jessica spoke. Tiffany rolled her eyes, “I was talking about the hottie football player that keeps looking over here but you're so damn spaced out that you're lost in the milky way.” Tiffany poked fun at her American friend.

 

 

 

Jessica sighed, “Sorry Stephanie.” she mustered out. Tiffany raised her eyebrow and looked at the older one in caution, “Something's on your mind that appears to be making you distant as hell. What's going on girl?” Tiffany went to the root of the problem.

 

 

 

 

Jessica stood up from the bleacher and huffed out air in irritation at the remembrance of what took place in English class. She rolled her eyes hard and Tiffany was taken aback, “Well we have a problem.” she said judging by the way Jessica's face looked.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes we do and I know how to eliminate it,” Jessica spoke as she walked onto to the track. “You do?” Tiffany followed her. “Yes,” Jessica spoke as they made their way to Sunny and the rest of the girls. “Care to share?” Tiffany asked as they approached their group of friends. “Girls, we have a very big problem on our hands,” Jessica spoke darkly.

 

 

 

 

Her eyes lingered over where the field hockey team was hosting their match on the field at the school.

 

 

 

 

 

*Errrrrrrrrrrnnnntttttt!* Went the scoreboard as it was halftime for the teams to have a fifteen minute break. The SM high girls went into the locker room to recoup and think of a plan to up their points. They were behind by five points and they needed a good strategy to win.

 

 

 

 

Yuri was covered in sweat as she tried to motivate the team. “Alright girls we haven't trained and practiced this hard to fall short. Keep your heads in the game and give them everything you've got.” Yuri spoke proudly. Taeyeon stood up and agreed with her bestie. “Dae, I know that there's some more drive in you guys so let's push until we win.” Taeyeon was pumped.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ne, as your Co-Captain and Captain said you girls have not trained hard for nothing. That being said, I want defense locking down that field. Make contact with your forwards. Offense keep doing what you're doing. There is no ‘I’ in teamwork so you need to work as a whole. So eye contact and close attention is needed.” Coach Wen told the girls.

 

 

 

 

 

“Now drink up and get ready to go back out there. We have three minutes left to recoup.” Yuri spoke. The team drank Powerade and water before going back out to finish the game. “SM HIGH SOARS HIGH!!!” The field hockey team ran back on the field.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“*tch!*” Sunny gritted her teeth as her and the rest of her friends looked at the girls from their homeroom class. “Why didn't you tell us this sooner?!” Sunny looked at Jessica in outrage. Jessica raised her perfectly arched brow at Sunny's rude tone. “Because it just happened in my last block damn it, you need to relax. I'm not the enemy.” Jessica said coldly.

 

 

 

 

 

Sunny balled up her little fists as she was ready to fight. “You yelling at me isn't solving the problem Sunny. So I suggest you get your act together hun.” Jessica looked into her eyes intensely. Tiffany cleared as she went between the two glaring girls.

 

 

 

 

“Look you two you need to get a grip and take a deep breath. We are all on the same team here. We need to get to the root of our problem which is no doubt those lowly working class es.” Tiffany spoke. “Dae unnies. We need to show them who's boss.” Yoona spoke condescendingly.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, but how exactly?” Seohyun inquired. Jessica got a bleak glimmer of evil in her eye as she smirked evilly. “Hit them where it hurts most,” she spoke. All of them looked at Jessica and saw that spiteful look and they craved to thrive off it as well. They too began to look dark and hateful as they turned their attention to the field hockey grounds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter