The Kiss

Be With Me (EDITING)

Baekhyun's POV 

As soon as most of the members left the room, the atmosphere became very awkward.  There was only silence, except for the voices coming from the t.v.  I took tiny, quick glances at Areum and noticed the uncomfortable look she had on her face.  I had a slight urge to go and talk with her; ask her about what happened, but I thought about what Taeyeon said and held myself back.  I sighed internally, feeling a bit lost.  Just then, Taeyeon leaned in really close next to my ear. 

"I'm sorry...  I'm just being crazy.  You can go talk to her," she whispered while rubbing my arm gently. 

I turned to look at her and shook my head slightly.  "No, it's okay.  I'll prove to you that you're the only one I love," I whispered back. 

Taeyeon was about to say something else, but I cut her off by leaning in and placing a kiss on her soft lips.  When I pulled back, she was blushing like crazy and had a shy smile on her face.  I mirrored her expression, and felt too shy to stare into her eyes right after.  Instead, my eyes trailed over to where Jongdae and Areum were sitting, but when I looked over, they were gone. 

Then Taeyeon placed another kiss on my cheek before checking her phone.  She sighed after reading the text she received and frowned.  I turned to look at her, wondering what the text was about for her to make that face. 

"I have to go," she said sadly and got up. 

I got up right after her and followed her to the door.  I watched as she put her shoes on.  Then I planted a small kiss on her forehead as a goodbye before she left.  After she was gone, I headed into my room.  When I opened the door, right away I saw Jongdae and Areum sitting on his bed, laughing and talking about stuff.  I smiled at the two when they noticed my presence and then went into the closet to change.  While I was changing, I overheard what they were talking about. 

"So did you want me to call someone from the office right now and tell them?" I heard Jongdae ask. 

"Hmm... it's kind of late right now," Areum replied unsurely. 

"It's okay.  They're always working late hours all the time." 

"Well, I mean, if you want to.  I can wait." 

"No, it's fine.  I'll call them and get you in for an interview tomorrow if that's okay." 

"Yeah, that'd be okay.  I'll just take off tomorrow." 

"Are you sure?" 

I didn't hear a response, so I guessed that she nodded he head.  Then I walked out of the closet and went to lay in my bed.  They both stared at me as I exited the closet and picked up my phone. 

"What?" I questioned them. 

"Nothing," Jongdae replied simply.  He got up and announced, "I'll be right back.  I'll go give the office a call." 

Areum nodded and smiled to him.  Her smile just lit up the room making me feel the warmth coming from her special smile.  I almost feel deeply into her trap until Taeyeon came back into mind.  I bit my bottom lip and tried pulling myself back into reality. 

Then Areum turned to me and gave me a small smile.  "Uhm... Baekhyun..." Areum started. 

"Yeah?" I asked, looking up from my phone. 

"I'm sorry... about the other day when I yelled at you.  I didn't mean to.  Please... just forget everything that I said.  I didn't mean any of it," she continued. 

I just stared at her for a moment, not saying anything.  She wanted me to forget about everything that she said.  Even about her liking me, I supposed.  Suddenly, I felt my heart drop, scared of what would happen.  I wondered if she really moved on or not. 

"You know me.  I'm an idiot and words just slip out of my mouth sometimes." 

"You're not an idiot," I told her. 

She smiled and looked away for a second.  Then she locked eye contact with me.  "But serious, just forget everything I said.  All of it means nothing." 

"I-If you really want me to, then okay," I tried to say without hesitating. 

"Okay, good.  I'm glad that everything is settled, Mr. Byun," she joked, smiling once again. 

"Hey, why don't you ever call me "oppa"?" 

"I do.  You just never hear me when I say it."  She crossed her arms. 

"Are you sure?" I asked teasingly. 

"I know what you're trying to do, Baekhyun.  I won't call you "oppa" if you do this." 

"Why not?"  I pouted and sat up. 

"Because..." she trailed off. 

"Hmph," I puffed.  "You're stubborn, you know that?" 

"Thank you," she sang and smiled.  Every time she smiled, I melted a little bit more inside. 

It was silent between the two of us for a while after that.  There wasn't really much else to talk about.  Probably because it was the argument that we had, causing us to still feel a bit awkward even though she already apologized and told me to just forget about it.  I didn't know what to say and stayed silent, but Areum soon broke the silence asking about my kiss with Taeyeon. 

"So, how was that kiss?" she teased. 

"I-It... It was... umm... pretty good, I guess," I coughed out. 

She smirked and raised an eyebrow.  "Is that so?" she continued to tease. 

"Yeah, did you want to see for yourself?"  I winked.  I was losing my self control. 

 

Your POV

As soon as he asked me, I was completely shocked.  I was just teasing before, even though my heart broke a little as each word came out of my mouth.  I forced myself to keep teasing and keep a fake smile so that he wouldn't question it, and so that the atmosphere wouldn't be so awkward as it was, but I was just digging my own grave at that point. 

My smile was wiped off my face and twisted into more of worried and confused expression.  I didn't know what to say; all I could do was stare at him.  Then Baekhyun got up and walked over to me.  He sat down right beside me and leaned in really close.  I tried leaning the other way to create some sort of space between us, remembering that Baekhyun had Taeyeon. 

"No," I told him, trying to push him away as he continued to try to get closer. 

"Why not?" he asked playfully. 

I continued to push him away, but he kept trying to come closer and closer to me.  I thought that he was totally joking and messing around with me again, but when I stopped pushing him away, he got close and stared deeply into my eyes, showing no signs of really stopping.  For a second, I forgot about everything and got lost in his eyes.  Everything was swept away from my mind. 

Baekhyun leaned in closer once again.  He was so close that our noses were about to touch.  Then he leaned his head just a bit to one side.  Our lips finally touched after what seemed like forever, and he kissed me passionately.  For a second, I just sat there, letting him do whatever until, I just gave in.  I couldn't hold myself back and his lips were so soft and felt so nice on mine that I couldn't help but kiss back.  When we finally parted, the loss of contact got to me.  I wanted more of the long-lasting, wonderful kiss. 

We just stared at each other.  Nothing else could be heard besides for our own breaths.  But after a while, everything started coming back to me.  I felt myself getting flung back into reality, causing me to slightly jump back as I processed what just happened and realizing what I had just done- he did. 

"I-I... I'm sorry, Baekhyun," I apologized quietly. 

Suddenly, Baekhyun's eyes widened as if he, too, had just realized what he did.  "No... don't apologize... it was my fault," he said sadly. 

I was speechless.  What was I supposed to say anyway?  Why was this boy always confusing me?  I liked it- I truly loved that kiss, but I knew that it wasn't right.  He had a girlfriend and I would be heartbroken if I were her and found out that my boyfriend was basically cheating on me.  I closed my eyes for a second, trying to sort things out in my head and wishing that I didn't give in to the temptation and that I had another chance to redo it. 

 

 

 


Annyeong!  here's another chapter!!  sooooo, what do you guys think about Baekhyun??  (I forgot to ask you in the last chapter, oops :L)  Do you like his decision?  How about that kiss?  Should he have done that?  or do you think that he shouldn't have?  Hmm... I'll be waiting for your comments! ;) 

 

Thanks!

~Angelflyer

 

(4/19/19) 

Baekhyun is a confusing character, right?  Him and Areum... they need to get things straight!  What do you guys think?  As always, thanks for reading!  See you in the next chapter :)