Picking Chen Up

Be With Me (EDITING)

Baekhyun's POV:

Taeyeon and I just walked out of the movie theater when my phone started ringing.  We stopped on the side of the sidewalk and I took out my phone.  I took a look at the caller ID and saw that it was Jongdae.  I wondered what he wanted. 

"Hello?" I asked. 

"Hey, Baekhyun, can you come pick me up?" he asked. 

"Why?  Where are you?" 

"Well, I'm at Areum's house and there aren't any buses that run around here, and I don't want to call a taxi." 

Why was he at Areum's house and why were they hanging out at night?  I wondered.  After I managed to push my thoughts and wonders away, I noticed the silence and realized he was still waiting for my answer.  I cleared my throat and said, "Uhm, I'm with Taeyeon right now." 

"So?  You have the car.  You can bring her to pick me up.  No biggie," he said casually. 

I turned away from my phone and looked at Taeyeon.  "Noona, do you mind if we go pick Jongdae up?" 

"No, I don't mind, we can go pick him up," she replied and smiled. 

Then I turned back to my phone and replied to Jongdae, "Okay, we'll be there soon." 

"Okay," he said, "See you soon." 

"Okay, bye." 

After we hung up, I looked to Taeyeon again and kissed her cheek while she was looking the other way.  Her cheeks started to turn a rosy, red color and I smirked when she pouted at me.  Then I grabbed her hand and lead her to the car.  Once we were in the car, I started it and headed towards Areum's house. 

"How was the movie?" I asked.  "Did you like it?" 

"Yeah, it was pretty good.  It was a lot better than I thought it would be.  Plus, the actor was cute," Taeyeon replied. 

"Hmm?  He was cute?  What about me?" 

"Well, of course you're cute, too, Baekie." 

"Really?" 

"Yes, really.  Anyway, what should we do tomorrow?" 

"I have a schedule tomorrow, and don't you have one, too?" 

"Yeah, I do... but we can always plan for our next day out," she said with a pout. 

"I guess you're right," I agreed with her. 

"By the way, where is Jongdae?" 

"At my friend's house.  Areum.  Do you remember her?" 

"Oh yeah, I remember her.  She's nice." 

I nodded my head.  "Maybe we should hang out for a bit when we get there." 

"That would be nice." 

We continued talking while I drove to the house.  When we reached Areum's house, I parked out on the curb and took the keys out.  As we were getting out, I saw Areum and Jongdae talking and laughing on her doorstep.  I smiled when I saw Areum laugh at whatever Jongdae was saying, but I also felt a bit bothered.  It was close to a surge of jealousy, but I didn't want to call it that.  I didn't know what I was thinking, but I was able to ignore the feeling when I walked up the driveway with Taeyeon's hand in mine. 

 

Your POV:

I was laughing at Jongdae's story when I noticed Baekhyun and Taeyeon walk up the drive way to us.  I stopped my laughter and simply smiled when they stopped in front of us.  Jongdae and I stood up to greet them.  As we were saying our hellos, I saw their connected hands and then jealousy hit me. 

"Hi, Baekhyun, Taeyeon," I said. 

"Hey, Areum," Baekhyun greeted. 

"It's nice to see you again," Taeyeon said. 

I nodded my head.  Then awkward silence filled the air, but it didn't last for long because a car pulled up into the driveway.  I excused myself and made my way over to the car.  The headlights and engine went off and the doors opened.  First Myungdae and Eunsun, who were sitting in the front, got out and then they helped my mom and Minkyung get out. 

As soon as Minkyung jumped out of the car and spotted me, he came running and hugged my legs.  "Auntie!" he exclaimed.  "I went to go see baby and Grandpa." 

"Really?  Was it fun?" I asked, forgetting about Baekhyun, Taeyeon, and Jongdae. 

"Yup!  Mom, where's the picture?" 

"What picture?" Eunsun asked while getting a bag out of the front. 

"Of baby." 

"Here." 

She handed him the ultrasound picture, and he took it happily.  Minkyung showed it to me, then gave it back to Eunsun.  He was about to go and walk up to the door when he saw Baekhyun and the other two still standing there staring at us. 

He turned and looked at me.  "Why is Uncle Baekhyun and Uncle Chen here?" Minkyung asked. 

"Oh, they came to visit.  You can go talk to them," I replied and lightly nudged him forward. 

He stared at me for a moment, then ran over to them.  While he talked to them and kept them busy, I closed the car door and went to talk to Myungdae and my mom, and Eunsun went inside. 

"Were you locked out?" Myungdae asked me. 

"No, I was just waiting outside with my friend," I replied.  "Where did you guys go?" 

"I was at the hospital before your idiot brother came barging in telling me to come home tonight," my mom said. 

"Yeah, well, I was at work and then Eunsun and I went to her appointment.  Then I went up to dad's room and convinced mom to come home because she hasn't been home for so long," Myungdae added. 

"Home food is better than hospital food," I said. 

"Who's going to stay with your father, if all of us are home?" 

"I can go for tonight," I offered. 

"Don't you have stuff to do tomorrow?" my bother asked. 

I shook my head.  "I don't, but you have work, so I'll go tonight." 

"Areum-" 

"I'll be fine.  Plus all I have to do is grade papers." 

"Well, then you better hurry before visiting hours close." 

"Okay, let me grab my stuff." 

"I'll drive you there." 

"Alright, thanks." 

He nodded and helped bring stuff in for our mom while I went to my room and gathered a set of clothes and some things to keep me busy.  When I came back with my bag, Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Taeyeon were still standing near the door. 

"Oh, sorry, guys.  I have to go," I apologized. 

"It's okay.  Maybe we can hang out again soon," Jongdae said with a smile. 

"Yeah, I would like that," I agreed.  "Well, I'll see you guys then." 

Then I got into the car with my brother and we drove off. 

 

Baekhyun's POV:

After Minkyung was done talking with Areum, he came over and greeted us.  Also, him being the well-mannered boy he is, introduced himself formal to Taeyeon and bowed.  Then when Jongdae asked for a hug, he ran into his arms immediately.  I thought of how cute he was and how I would love to have a son like this in the future. 

Then Taeyeon leaned her head in close to my ear and whispered, "I hope our son turns out as nice as him." 

I looked at her and smiled.  "Me, too," I whispered back. 

She smiled as she watched Minkyung talk with Jongdae, and I couldn't help but smile, too.  I thought about our future for a second, but then Areum's mom picked Minkyung up and took him inside without a word.  To be completely honest, I felt kind of awkward with her ever since that night when she got drunk and smacked Areum. 

Then they all started to head into the house except for Areum's brother.  He came to greet us, then he got into the car when Areum came back out.  Areum apologized about having to leave all of a sudden and then got into the car with her bag.  Then the two drove off.  I felt a bit disappointed when she told us that because it's been a long time since I got to see her. 

After the siblings were gone, I looked to Jongdae and Taeyeon and then headed for the car.  The two followed and got in the car after me.  When we got to Teayeon's place, I got out with her and walked her to the front door.  She s her arms around my neck and I pulled her close by the waist.  She pecked my lips and smiled while I blushed slightly. 

"I love you," she told me. 

"I love you, too," I said. 

Then she let go of me.  "Okay, I'll see you later." 

"I'll text you." 

"Alright, bye, Baekie." 

"Bye, noona." 

I watched her enter the building, and then left back to the car.  When I climbed back into the car, Jongdae was already sitting up in the front seat.  He was staring down at his phone, but then looked up when I started the car. 

"Why are you so happy?" he asked. 

Just then I noticed that I was smiling and my cheeks were starting to hurt a little.  "Uhm... just because," I said. 

"Because what?" he questioned. 

"Nothing," I answered. 

Jongdae just nodded his head and went back to his phone while I backed up and started driving back to the dorm. 

"What did you and Areum do today?" I asked, curiously. 

"Nothing much," he replied casually. 

"Oh, really?  You guys look like you guys were having fun talking." 

"Well, I was just telling her about what happened at the hotel when Minseok hyung got lost and then Luhan hyung freaked out." 

"Oh...  I haven't gotten a chance to really talk to her in a while...  How is she?" 

"I think she's been working to the bone.  Even with her bubbly attitude, I could tell that she was a little exhausted." 

I took a quick glance at him and noticed the sympathetic look he had on.  Hearing him talk about how tired Areum seemed made me worry a little bit.  Areum's always been a hard worker and all, but I wished that she took some time for herself once in a while. 

"Really?" I asked, worriedly. 

"Yeah," he confirmed. 

Soon enough we reached the dorm building and went up together. 

 

Your POV: 

As soon as Myungdae dropped me off, I went into the lobby and signed my name in.  Then I headed up to my dad's room.  When I entered the room, it was all dark inside.  The only thing that produced light was the machines and lamp hear the hospital bed.  My dad laid motionless and my heart felt heavy.  I knew it was all an accident, but looking at him just made me feel a bit angry and frustrated. 

I made my way over to the couch and set my bag on the ground.  Then I looked over at my dad again.  I hoped that he would wake up soon.  I just wanted things to go back to normal and have everything be alright again. 

After staring for another minute, I shuffled through my bag and took our the papers I had to grade.  This time I didn't mind grading too much since summer was almost over and I wouldn't have to teach anymore.  That is, unless I accept the part-time teaching job to work after school hours in the fall to tutor students.  I was thinking of taking the job, but the only thing on my mind was my father at that moment. 

Once all all the papers were graded and organized, I put them back into my bag and leaned back on the couch.  I was tired from working and grading and slowly my eyes were starting to close.  A few minutes later, I fell into a deep sleep. 

 

 


Hi guys!  I'm sorry it took forever for me to put this up but I was busy in between the two chapters :P  I might update tomorrow if I have time, but I hope you guys are still into this story and doesn't think it's boring.  I'm sorry if it does seem boring to you, I'm still a beginner in writing and doesn't know how to write good stories, so I'm sorry again. 

 

Thanks

~Angelflyer

 

(6/7/18)

Here's another update!  I hope you guys liked it!  :D