The Client: Rejections

Prediction of Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: Rated [Skip the chapter if you're under 18.]

 

“I’m sorry…”

The time stopped.

“But I have a crush on someone else.”

The girl bowed and left the place immediately, leaving a tall brunette alone in the middle of the park. A bouquet of flowers fell hard on the concrete path from the cold rejection and Kim Jongin sighed, letting the silent sound of his hearts breaking.

He pressed his glasses up, careful not to let it crush his nose bridge. His full lips turned downside as his head hang low. This wasn’t the first time he was rejected. If he have to count, it might be his silver mark. He thought 25th is his lucky number but he was wrong.

Dragging his feet out of the place, he ed the first three that chocked him. He was dressing smart, all buttoned up, only to be rejected again. He thought girls like it when they’re all smart and polished?

Surely he made researches, reading off the ‘Tips to win your crush’s heart’ over and over again. Jongin was sure that the girl will accept him, considering she agreed to go on a date. But that was all in vain for all this while she was trying to catch the attention of one of his classmates that he is not even close with.

The wind blew strands of Jongin’s curled hair, making the teenager ruffle it to a mess. He had spent hours to make it look like he was not an ordinary nerd school. That effort failed for he was one. Jongin sighed loud and kicked the fragments of stones on the path as he crossed to walk over the city’s pathway.

Kim Jongin is helplessly in love, desperate and yearn for affections. And maybe a little too much on drive with his hormones. Who wouldn’t at his age?

He stumbled on a convenience store, suddenly feel the hunger to indulge on something fast and cheap. A ramen during this cold day could mend the bitterness in his chest. He opened the glass door and there was a chime of the bells signaling a customer had entered the shop.

A cashier greeted with a smile and Jongin shrugged it off, making his way towards the shelves stacked with instant food. He grab onto a ramen instant package, a hot and spicy flavored. He needed all the heat to lessen the cold within him.

Taking a seat in front a glass wall, where he could witness people walking along the sidewalk and the passing of vehicles. He distorted his face as he sees couples hand in hand, swinging it to the side. For Kim Jongin, people around him seems like they’ve found a partner of their own and that made him thousands more lonely.

He looked at his own reflection. Of course, he lacked a lot in the appearance department. Who would date someone like him? He was lean, hairs all messed up and the glasses made his eyes appear smaller than it should. He pouted and slumped his head on the small table where his hot ramen rests.

Jongin peered over his ramen, wishing that it could cook in an instant. He stirred the food with a chopstick, poking and swirling it until he was full out of thoughts. His mind wanders, thinking that years of searching and hoping is useless.

Kim Jongin thought love is not his luck.

A tall male approached the seats next to him, carrying a ramen cup too. He hang his jacket on the edge of the table and take a seat. There were moments of silence between them and Jongin is not in the mood to have a chit chat. And they soon ate in silence.

It was only then that Jongin cursed for the hotness almost burned his tongue. He reached out to fan the pain away, sticking his swollen tongue out. The male besides him snickered and gave him a bottle of water.

“Here.”

“T-Thanks.” The heartbroken boy gulped all the contents until it was fully empty. “I’ll buy you another–“

“That’s okay.” Jongin saw the faint smile from the other though his face remain fixed to slurp on the noodles.

Once again, silence accompanied them.

Jongin was the first to finish his food. He usually leave the place after a quick meal, walk out of the store and continue to sulk at home.  However, this evening is different.

“Trouble with school?” the man started. Jongin replied with a simple ‘no’. “Parents too strict, huh?”

“T-That’s not the case.” Jongin looked down to his feet. His fingers played with the chopstick as he replied timidly.

“Girlfriend trouble?”

Jongin shakes his head, finally meeting the latter’s eyes. “If only I have one.” He let out a dry laugh.

“Don’t worry too much.” To his relieve, the man was comforting him. Jongin still wears the frown on his face and the man started again. “Oh Sehun, by the way.”

“Kim Jongin. Thanks for the water.”

“Can’t handle the heat, huh?”

Jongin smiled a little. “Never.”

“I remember the last time I ate those ramen. I swear I almost bite my tongue off!”

“Tell me about it.”

“Then why bother eating one? There’re plenty of other flavors.”

Jongin shrugged and replied, “Just because.”

Sehun cocked an eyebrow and he turn back to look at where Jongin eyes directed. The glassed boy was staring at passerby, hands joining with their own partner. Sehun can only nod, not wanting to push the matter any further.

Throughout the afternoon, the two boys chat, which turned into deeper conversation and it was like there were sparks between them. They get along so well for the past hours and for Oh Sehun, Jongin was the first he can consider as a friend.

“Where do you live?” Sehun asked as they walk along the path, houses aligned on the sides. They decided to walk home together right after leaving the store. “I live somewhere…there.” Sehun pointed east.

“Me too.” Jongin replied shortly then his head looked down to his feet again. Sehun can only watch his new and first friend behavior.

“Why do you look upset?” the boy said with eyes full with questions.

Jongin sighed and look front. “I don’t.”

“Yes, you do.”

“No, I did not.”

“Then tell me why are you–“

Jongin stopped and glare at Sehun. Though he meant to snap at the taller boy, he shakes his head and give in. “I was rejected today. Sadly.”

“Sorry… to hear that. And sorry for asking. That was rude of me.” Jongin waved his hand, telling the tall boy that he is not offended, to which the latter smiled faintly.

 Sehun walk front, making his way towards his home and searched for the keys in his pocket. His face changed into a terror as he gasped, “M-My keys! They’re g-gone!”

“Do you leave it in the store?”

“I don’t think so…” Sehun then rub his temples as he tried to remember. His eyes lit up and he was sure that the key to his house were left with none other than the blonde male. “Lu ing Han.”

“Sehun, are you okay?”

“Jongin, this is completely out of a sudden but…”

Jongin tilt his head, waiting for Sehun to utter the words but he only see the boy biting his lips as his hands rubbed the back of his neck. “You want to come over to my place?”

“A-Are you sure about that?“

He pushed his glasses up and then pull Sehun wrists, a wide grin formed on his lips. “Let’s go!”

 

It was new for him, even for Jongin. Sehun was sitting on the couch, eyeing his surroundings. Though they knew each other for exactly two hours and fifteen minutes, Sehun felt li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter