A Few Hours Before the Gig

And Counting...

"Sayuri, hello? Are you daydreaming again?"

She jolted up from her thoughts and looked at Minah. "Sorry," she apologized. "I was just thinking."

"Thinking about what? Hmm, could it be about that guy from the cafe?" Minah joked as she nudged Sayuri in the arm

"Minah!" Sayuri hit her arm in response. But Minah noticed Sayuri's behavior since they left Moonlight Cafe. She saw the way she looked at Chanyeol earlier and she formed a hunch. "Hey," she nudged. "You know, he could be the one."

"I wouldn't know about that," Sayuri interjected. "Besides, I just thought he was tall. And I didn't even take a peek at his wrist."

"Well, you never kno-ow...," Minah sang. "He's kind of cute, after all," she added. "And look who came to join us," Minah said as she spotted a doe-eyed male approaching the cafeteria table. "Hello, Luhan."

"Yo, yo, wassup~", Luhan replied as he sat right in between the two. His attire mainly composed of streetwear; on top of his curly brown hair he wore his snapback backwards and he dressed in baggy camouflage-printed jackets. "You know, I think I'm really getting the hang of this whole gangster slang vibe. So, how's about that date, future So-uulmate?" he said as he put his arm around Minah.

"Thanks, but no thanks, Hannie. Don't tell me you got high with Yixing again," Minah said.

Sayuri couldn't help but chuckle. "I'll be honest, if I didn't know you two, you'd probably look like a couple."

"Oh, please, I have very high standards to maintain. Besides, I've got four years, remember?" Minah told them as she showed her wrist to Luhan.

"Well, whaddaya know, mine's the exact same!" Luhan showed his wrist. Five years, three months, sixteen weeks. "Well, just pretend there's one less year on there."

"Shouldn't we be studying?" Sayuri mentioned. "We've got a huge midterm in three weeks."

"Considering how you've been spacing out since we left the cafe, I think you're the one that needs to catch up. Psych isn't exactly your forte," Minah pointed out. "Luhan, shouldn't you be somewhere else?"

"Oh, right, I gotta meet up with my band. We've got a gig at the Moonlight Cafe later tonight. Which reminds me, you homedawgs down?"

Minah and Sayuri let out a guffaw that nearly caught everyone's attention in the cafeteria. "Hannie, this obviously isn't working for you. Cut the act already," Minah told him.

"Aight, then, whatever's good," Luhan patted their shoulders. "But both of you are definitely coming regardless."

"We'll be there," Sayuri replied. Maybe I'll see him there again, she thought, unknowingly making a face.

"Alright then, see you ladies there," Luhan left the table, but not without sending a wink to Minah. Sayuri turned her head to see her best friend blushing profusely.

"Looks like Minah's got a cru-ush...," Sayuri joked.

She glared at her. "I could say the same for you, Girl-Who-Stares-At-Coffee-Guys!"

Sayuri slapped her arm.

 


 

"So how's the setlist lookin', Yeol?" Junmyeon asked. He and Chanyeol were chatting at the cafe during Chanyeol's break.

"It's lookin' pretty solid, actually. You and Yura coming tonight?" he asked.

"Actually we've both got other plans. Wednesdays are movie nights for us." Junmyeon replied. While Chanyeol was making coffee in the mornings, Junmyeon had yet to find a job. It didn't also help that he was a full-time student at the nearby university as well, so scheduling was already enough of a problem. Every time he tried to find a potential offer, it usually didn't offer the time slots he wanted, the pay that he wanted, or it was too far to travel as supposed to the ideal short distance that he preferred.

"Why don't you try the bookstore down the street? It's family-run and I'm sure they'd take you. You love books, anyway," Chanyeol suggested.

"Last time I checked, they weren't hiring," Junmyeon shut him down. "Although, the cashier girl's kind of cute," he added.

"Whoa there, man. You know I'll go on defensive mode the moment you hurt Yura," Chanyeol joked as he put his fists up, ready to fight.

"Calm down, Yeol, it was just a comment. So anyway, have you found her yet?" Junmyeon asked. He had been trying to get Chanyeol to find his Soulmate ever since he and Yura got together.

"I don't want to rush things, Jun. I've got three months anyway," he retorted. "There were a couple of girls who stopped here earlier this morning though. One of them was Minseok's sister Minah and the other one was her best friend. Sayuri was her name, I think. They seemed pretty cool though." Chanyeol mentioned. He had been thinking about earlier the morning when Sayuri was looking at him, but he decided to leave that out for Junmyeon's benefit.

"Seriously, man. You can't live on your own, even if your Countdown says otherwise. At least make those three months worth your lifetime. My advice, go and actually get a blind date or something. Heck, find a girl later tonight after your gig," Junmyeon suggested.

Chanyeol thought about it. Maybe I'll see those two again. "Alright. I'll try and follow your advice, Jun. But don't start thinking you're some sort of matchmaker all of a sudden."

Junmyeon laughed. "Just be sure to set me up with the cashier girl if you see her," he joked.

He left the cafe with a nosebleed right after that.