Two Years Later...

And Counting...

The sun began to set over the beach, colors fading in the sky from a bright orange to hues of night time blue. A light breeze blew in sending chills coming down as the night began to fall. Sayuri admired the scene in front of her, barefoot in the sand and snuggled close together with Chanyeol right beside her. Both of them shared a blanket while the tall, fairy-eared man wrapped his arm around her. They sat there for what seemed like hours in comfortable silence, though in reality it had only been approximately fifteen minutes.

Ever since their first kiss together at the fair the couple had stuck together through thick and thin, their love for each other ever growing. They also had full support from their friends when the news broke out. Minah practically shook the details out of Sayuri and Luhan whined about how his Countdown wasn't going fast enough. Needless to say, they took it quite well. 

Sayuri looked back at her wrist. Two years and yet it still felt like she had three months. It still felt unreal that she had finally met her Soulmate in that time, and truly, she thought, her life was just like another romance novel. She smiled at the memory of when they first met at the cafe, and the following meetings that came right after. Over time, Sayuri never thought that meeting her Soulmate would give her such bliss. Chanyeol placed his hand on her head, beckoning her to his shoulder and her hair. Sayuri willingly gave in to his invitation, closing her eyes in contentment. "What are you thinking about, hmm?" he asked.

"Oh, just about the past," Sayuri smiled. "This view kind of reminds me of that night at the fair, actually."

"Does it?" Chanyeol turned to her. He remembered that night just as well as he did. Sure enough, he didn't think three months would pass by so quickly either. From the day he decided to pursue Sayuri he knew that she would be the one for him. But Chanyeol didn't expect how the little things she did would just sweep him off his feet. He truly admired her beauty, inside and out, and she understood him as if they had known each other for ages. Two years together and it already felt like forever for Chanyeol. The best part was that she felt the same way as well. 

Three months he had gotten to know her, and the two years they had officially been together had been enough for him to make his decision. Now that he had found Sayuri, Chanyeol had decided that he couldn't picture himself with anyone else other than his Soulmate. "I have something to tell you."

"Hm? What is it?" Sayuri lifted her head to face him.

Chanyeol pulled a book out from behind him and handed it to her. "I figured you would like it, knowing you," he told her. Sayuri scanned the cover and read the title. The Vow by Kim and Krickitt Carpenter. Sayuri was familiar with the story already, and it had become one of her favorite novels for weeks. 

She chuckled at the gift. "This really is a beautiful story, Chanyeol," she said. "But why would you give this to me?"

"Well," Chanyeol shrugged. "I figured if I had to pick a novel to describe our life, this would be it. Minus the accident part and all," he added. "Go on and open it."

Sayuri didn't really understand the real reason Chanyeol had decided to give her the said book, but she figures it would have to be good. After all, she enjoyed his spontaneity. She opened the book and what she saw made her stand on her feet. The first few chapters of the book now had a huge square-shaped hole right in the middle, and in that hole was a little blue box small enough to fit. Sayuri put the book down next to Chanyeol and opened the box, revealing a glistening diamond ring. 

She turned to Chanyeol, who was already on his knees. "Sayuri," he began to speak. "You've changed my life more than you know. Ever since we met, not one day has passed where I haven't thought about you. I felt that in my bones that we were Soulmates when I saw you. Even without my Countdown, I still believe we were meant to be," he declared.

"I love you, Sayuri. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours," Chanyeol continued. Sayuri tried to hold back her laugh at the literary reference he made. Even though Chanyeol was always cheesy when it came to stuff like this, Sayuri quite enjoyed it. She also knew that everything he did came from his heart as well, and the fact that he thought about what he was going to do next gave her comfort.

Their hearts were beating even faster than before. For a second, Sayuri felt like her Countdown had started up only to stop at zero again. "So," Chanyeol started as he presented the open box to her. "...will you marry me?" 

Sayuri already knew the answer the moment they met. Now that she had Chanyeol, all she needed to do was to officially seal their union together. There was no one else she could picture herself with either. She returned his question with a smile, nearly tearing up in the process. "Yes," she replied. "Yes, yes, always yes!" she exclaimed as she began to cry tears of joy. 

Just one word was enough for both of them. As Chanyeol placed the ring on her left finger all they could do was gaze at each other. No words were needed between them to figure out what the other was thinking. "I love you too, Chanyeol," Sayuri told him as their foreheads touched. The tips of their noses then came together before they both shared a kiss. 

Their Countdowns remained at zero for two years. But time would never stop as long as they loved each other will all their heart. 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: WHOOHOO END OF STORY

Thanks so much for sticking with me, I really appreciated everything from the comments to the upvotes and all that jazz. You guys are really encouraging and I keep getting inspired to write more stuff every day :) Thanks so much again, I love you guys <3

By the way, that literary reference was from The Notebook, if no one else got it. Creds to Nicky Sparks, y'all.

オタク out~