Change

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking down at Yonghwa carefully tending to her legs,mixture of feelings came back.

How he can do what he is doing without feeling anything wrong.

Like nothing had happened before.

Like good old friends and like he is oblige to do it.

"Do you like me?"

The weird tension squeezing in her heart became worse when her eyes clashed with those dark orbs of his.

Shinhye have no idea why those words just came out from .

But she knows it is too late for regrets.

"Shinhye.."

She saw his eyes wavering.

"Because i do. And i still do. So you better give me an answer right now and behave more like a man."

 

Yonghwa slowly stood up from his position.

His head still light from those medications.

But he managed to pull of a huge smile for his lady.

Yes,his lady.

"Im sorry for giving you the impression of being unmanly. I will do better for you in future."

Confusion sets in her face as she organise his words.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

He caress her cheek with his thumb gently while looking deeply into her eyes.

"I like you too..im sorry for not telling you earlier. Because i do,even before you know it."

 

It was weird.

It was awkward.

This is the first time that Shinhye have no idea where to put her hands despite her profession.

It feels unreal.

Especially at this time of the day.

And here they are,sipping their favourite coffee with those sugary donuts infront of them.

It was such a beautiful sight as the sun slowly rose to brighten the streets.

At the same time warming both their hearts.

"Shinhye ya.."

Yonghwa carefully took her hand on the table.

"Do will have schedule for today?"

Shinhye was so sleepy but the touch jolt her out from the thought of sleeping.

It took her a moment to realise she needs to answer.

"No..i don't think so..but i just feel like sleeping in today.."

It was such an honest answer that sent him smiling even more.

"Yeah,you should. Just in case you might be interested after you had enough rest,there is a performance by me and some friends at the pub across the school tonight. Well,i hope you still like band music like those school days.."

Yonghwa did not know this is how nerve wrecking a person could feel while asking for a date.

He was clenching his fist on the other hand below the table while waiting for Shinhye's answer and only relaxed when he saw her nod.

"Hm. I will come. At least to show my friend some support."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter