I can

The Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Park Shinhye."

Yonghwa said coldly.

He waited for her for the past 1 hour outside her home.

And this is not the first time he had asked her to wait for him to go to school together.

And this is not the first time she had left him there without saying.

This had to be the last straw for him.

"I told you to wait for me,why did you leave without me again?"

Sitting directly opposite Shinhye to look at her in her eyes.

"I told you don't. I can manage by myself."

Shinhye took her gaze back to the book she is reading after her sentence.

"I told you to wait for me. Why didn't you?"

The atmosphere was so stiff that it seems to crack anytime.

 

Shinhye was clenching her fists to keep her emotions in control.

Still stubbornly refusing to look at him.

"I don't need anyone to give me special attention,especially you. I can manage."

It was that sentence that made it.

She got up from her seat and walk away without sparing a glance.

She needed fresh air,desperately.

That was the first and last thing on her mind.

Everyone had been sparing her looks of pity ever since that fateful day when both her parents passed away due to the accident.

It had gotten so pathetic that it feels every gesture for her is charity work.

It got more and more burdensome when Yonghwa started giving her more attention then usual too.

And it is weighing her down by tonnes.

 

"Park Shinhye wake up! He is already dating someone..he is just showing you concern as a friend,a classmate. No,he dosen't-"

Busy slapping her cheeks to wake her senses up,Shinhye was surprised when a pair of strong hands held both her hands from behind.

It wrapped both hands around her shoulders so gently and carefully before tightening them.

She did not even struggle,for she knows from the scent of the cologne he is wearing for years.

"Are you a idiot or something? Stop abusing yourself will you? Open your heart alittle bit more for people who cares sincerely for you..people like me. Can you do that Shinhye?"

 

For months that sentence works like magic.

Yonghwa never failed to pick her up from her home to school and they spent most of their meals together as well.

They were seen so often together that rumours of them being a couple spread like wildfire around the campus.

"Yonghwa.."

Shinhye started carefully.

"Hmm?"

Happily indulging into the bulgogi he had just been served,Yonghwa did not realise just how grave Shinhye looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter