Respectable 3

Respectable

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Kris, I’m telling you he’s harassing me!” I whine to my superior but he barely passes me a glance.

 

“Baekhyun your job is to enforce the law. Sometimes people cause trouble and when that happens you enforce as little authority as possible while getting that job done.” I watch him flip through his papers.

 

“Kris, he doesn’t listen to me. He stares at my and calls me short and breaths all over my fa-Look, I’m just asking you to send someone else.” Kris sighs, sliding away from his desk.

 

“If I sent Tao with you would you feel better?” I deflate slightly at the offer. “He’s ready for training and doing a ride along with you is a good start.” He shrugs. “He’s intimidating enough; despite being less experienced I’m sure he could keep your admirer at bay. Deal?” He wonders casually and I nod despite the lack of contentment. “Good, I’ll let Tao know.” Kris promises and I lower my head exiting his office.

 

“This is so exciting Baekhyun! What are we gonna do? Drug bust? Gang violence?” I scoff at his imagination.

 

“Sorry to burst your bubble kid but being an officer is 30% bull calls wanting us to break up some annoying ruckus and 70% poor driving skills.” I mumble my answer making Zitao deflate.

 

“That is a little disappointing.” He whines and a smile tugs at my lips. “Kris told me it was a pretty cool job.” He admits and I chuckle.

 

“Tao, Kris flips through papers most of the day. He just wanted you to stick around cause he thinks you’re cute.” Tao’s eyes flash to mine emotions mixed somewhere between excitement and awe.

 

“You really think so?” He plays with his fingers in his lap and I smile at his shy behavior but focus back on the road.

 

“Woahhhh, nice house.” Tao comments as I approach the familiar house with a groan.

 

“Yeah, Tao, you’re on a ride along just observe and stay quiet. Be my muscle for a minute and if he tries touching me flex or something.” Tao’s head quirks curiously but he can’t question me before a stumbling Park Chanyeol answers the door.

 

“Mmm, hey gorgeous.” He grins down at me plastic cup still in his hand.

 

“The music Park.” I warn, skipping casualties.

 

“What’s it gonna take to get you to come to my house without a phone call from my neighbors?” He slurs and I see Tao stiffen beside me, apparently seeing his use suddenly.

 

“You aren’t my type Park.” I scoff sarcastically and he takes a step in.

 

“What’s your type exactly?”

 

“I think that’s enough Mr. Park.” Tao speaks up and I worry it’s too soon and he’ll have to do too much talking.

 

“You did bring a little buddy along this time, huh? Is this your type? A uniformed little robot like yourself.” I hold back my insult and just narrow my eyes in answer already ready to leave. “Wait.” I guess he caught on. “That was rude, I’m sorry. You aren’t a robot.” He sounds more sober and it makes my nose scrunch in confusion.

 

“Cause we both know how polite you love to be.” I sneer.

 

“If that’s what you like, sure.” He mumbles running fingers throw his dark hair.

 

“Sir, we’re just asking you to turn down the music.” Tao grumbles trying to look bigger all of the sudden and a smile pulls at my pursed lips.

 

“I’m just asking for chance.” He pleas. “I can get you really far in this business Officer Byun; I could be your golden ticket.” He’s cheeky again.

 

“And all it’ll cost me is my .” I roll my eyes.

 

“Damn it turns me on when you talk about your babe.” A frown tugs at my lips and I let out a loud sigh.

 

“That’s enough!” Tao snaps and I cringe at his tone. “Apologize to Officer Byun right now.” He insists and I fight giggling at the cute kid turned hard cop.

 

“Why? For talking about his ? It’s a pretty common topic between us, isn’t it beautiful?” His lower lip pushes out into a pout when I avoid the question. “Is that what you hate about me? My mouth? I’ve always had a sharp tongue but my dad says it can be charming.” He chuckles to himself. “Or maybe it’s the clothes, or the tattoos?”

“How about the lack of respect?” Tao cuts and Chanyeol’s eyes fall for a second. “Let’s just go Baekhyun. I’ll make sure you don’t ever have to see this guy again.” He promises grabbing my wrist but Chanyeol stops us, an arm wrapping around my forearm for a long second making Tao’s expression shift.

 

“Come back. You have to come back.” It’s not a question and it makes my temper rise again. “I’m gonna see you again Officer Byun, and next time you’ll see how charming I can be.” He winks releasing me and I swallow thickly surprisingly affected by his words but I wasn’t worried. No, definitely not worried.

 

Here’s another chapter! It's a little longer again~ loool Yayyyy, I’m liking these characters that’s why they’re coming quickly lol but I’m literally boarding a plane from Seoul to the US in like 10 minutes so, first off I cry, second maybe I can write on the plane and have another update ready in the next 24 hours or something. Dunno. Please comment, upvote, and subscribe tho. I really hope you guys are enjoying this story. It’s really fun to write. How’s Chanyeol? He’s funny right? Lol IDK if that’s what you’d call it. Baekhyun’s not very developed yet but we’ll see. And I included a Taoris nugget CAUSE TAORIS! I'm sorry I still ship 'em lol Well, you guys take care okay! I’m still hung up on Jongkey doe…I stayed up all night watching Hello Baby like the CIA replaying them Jongkey moments like it’s my job. I saw something funny tho. While Jonghyun was dating Sekyung during Hello Baby they were talking about moms and stuff and he said he wanted to marry, Jungmi (I think an actress) and I was just like LOOOOL cause he was all OR SEKYUNG. Then he would mention marriage again and he'd be like Jungmi-OR SEKYUNG. Like 3 times...I don’t think he even liked her at that point in their relationship lol but uh, yeah sorry to waste your time with that. I’ll just be going now. Pray for next chapter~