Fear

A Grand Adventure
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yunho's POV

“Alright, we'll call this a day. I'm sure we're all pretty clear on what we want.” I announced to all the staff in the room as I finished up the meeting. I didn't bother listening to what others had to say because I really needed to make a phone call to my wife. The partners involved in the meeting tried calling out for me but I ignored them, leaving the conference room and walking to the elevator.

 

You wouldn't believe my shock when the doors to the elevator ding and out came the girl I was waiting to see and hear from. My eyes twitched in shock from her sudden appearance but I grew worried as soon as I realized she had came here alone – while she was 8 months pregnant.

I quickly stalked forward, pulling my wife out of the elevator an into the hallways. “Sunhee, what are you doing here?”
“I was bored at home.” Sunhee said, curling herself to my side and tossing her arms around my shoulders. “I wanted to see you.” Sure, I appreciated the sweet gesture but I realized something much more important. “You...” I felt my inside shivers from the possible danger that could have occurred. “Came here alone?”

 

To anyone else, Sunhee looked like a grown woman, especially with that belly, but I knew better. I knew that she tripped on thin air, bumped into invisible tables, and hit imaginary walls because the girl is too clumsy. I should give her more trust and I knew she can take care of herself....kinda, but I couldn't give her all that faith. I wanted to think that yeah sure, she could walk around in town alone and possibly not hurt herself but goodness. I just couldn't stop worrying about the girl when she's accident prone and pregnant.


She snorted while shutting her eyes, “Who else would I come with? Our cat?”
“You shouldn't have came here alone.” I calmly scold, tugging her into the main worker's area and then to the private confinements of my office.
“It's a ten minute subway ride.” Sunhee argued. “It's not like I'll die.”

“Don't joke about something like that!” I gasped, my hands tightening around hers. “The world isn't a safe place.” I took multiple deep breaths to calm myself down, very unnecessary indeed, but helpful enough.

 

The reason why I was so protective and overbearing when it came to Sunhee was because I didn't want any harm done to her, just like any lover should be out there. I couldn't and didn't want to imagine my life without Sunee because it'd be painful, blank, and meaningless. There was more than one reason why I decided to move Sunhee and I away from the condo. Sure the condo was a nice place with great amenities but it wasn't safe. There's were always strangers coming around the area, plus it was in downtown. It wasn't proper to raise a family in that sort of environment where danger could come any second to my family.

 

At the house we live in now, it may be a bit further away from the busy town but it was perfect. It was quiet and quaint, distant and safe, and lastly, family oriented. All the other families that I've seen living around there were either old couples or little families. This was the sort of place I wanted Sunhee and I to live in and a house where we could build our family without much of a worry.

 

“I'm fine.” Sunhee said, shrugging her shoulders while sending me an eye smile. “You worry too much, ahjussi. You're gonna get more wrinkles.”

Please log in to read the full chapter