She's gone

A corpse that melts an ice

Krystal’s pov

“W-wait!! Amber’s still there!!” I tried yanking my hand off Kris’s grip but he held my hand tighter while dragging me out of the centre.

“She’s just a Zombie.” Kai yelled. “We ain’t gonna risk our lives saving her !”

“But she could be the cure!!!” I yelled back. Though somewhere deep inside me said if wasn’t just because she is the cure… “We hav-“ Kris placed his palm on my mouth, shutting me up before dragging me down the road.

“Don’t worry, those rats won’t touch that cure of yours.” Luhan said while occasionally turning back to check on the mutated mouse. I diverted my gaze to the back and was terrified to see 7 mutated mouse chasing after us.

“Yeah, he’s right.” Sehun chimed in while firing his gun. I heard a loud thud, he probably took down one of them…

“Hey, I was gonna kill that one!!” Kai yelled incredulously. What the heck. Does he thinks this is some kind of video game?

“Infected will never hurt the infected.” Kris stated while slowly releasing his palm from my mouth. I nodded my head before pushing his hand off my mouth and ran as quick as I can.

“I don’t understand.” Luhan creased his eyebrows after he shot down the last mutated mouse. We stopped running and caught our breathes. These guys are amazing…  

“That was easy.” Kai blew the tip of his gun before winking at me. I grimaced before looking away.

“What is it Luhan?” Kris asked while walking back to examine the mouses. He kicked each one of them to make sure that their dead.

“I’ve never seen so many mutated mouse together before.” He answered while rubbing his chin. “Isn’t it weird how so many of them gathered at one place, like it was planned initially?”

“I thought so.” Kris said with a frown. “Wait.”

“What’s wrong?” Sehun looked at him with his brow raised.

“Weren’t there 8 of them just now?” Kris’s question was more like a reminder. True, I do remember there were 8 of them back there.

“Let’s head back and check on the zombie girl.” Kai suggested. “Maybe the rat is now eating her. Who knows, she is indeed different from the other infected.” He said with a shrug. My heart skipped a beat, and the worries came crashing down. Oh no, we have to go back.

“Hey, wait!” I heard Luhan yelled as I began sprinting back to the medical centre’s direction. Why am I so worried about a zombie? Well, she did saved me once back then.

“What the hell?” I looked at the placed we left her and found some blood stain. I swallowed the lump in my throat as the possibilities of what happened to her flashed through my mind. Is this the mouse’s blood, or is it Amber’s?

“See, I told you she is doomed.” Kai said while chuckling. What a jerk. Turning to him, I glared at him. Amber couldn’t have died right? Well, she already died, but the mutated didn’t feast on her right? Did she escaped and is hiding somewhere?

 

 

Amber’s pov

I felt breathes behind me so I decided to turn around slowly….. Shoot… There are about 8 of them if I’m not mistaken… Shutting my eyes, I prepared for the worst. I felt them running past me one by one, before peeking an eye open.

In front of me stood one of the so called mutated mouse. He tiled his head to the side before scratching me across the face with it’s claws. I remained still since I didn’t feel the pain and stared at it blankly. What is it trying to do?

Blood began dripping down my face. Heh, I thought I didn’t have them in me already… Anyway, it tasted my blood, before growling. It tossed me behind it’s back and began sprinting to God know where…