four young men

A corpse that melts an ice

Author’s pov

 

In a highway with abandoned cars and trucks with no drivers, no passengers, no pedestrians. Krystal, Amber and a dozen of monstrous dogs are the only one around there…..  Krystal and Amber are running like Olympic racer, trying to get rid of the dogs that are chasing them. But it seems that it isn’t that easy, the dogs are fast and ….. they seem to be in terrible hunger…..

Krystal and Amber hid in an abandoned mall, hoping the creatures wouldn’t find them here…… They hear distant barking sounds… it’s getting nearer and nearer…. It didn’t take long before the creatures break in through the glass windows of the mall.

“!!” The only living girl cursed.

The dogs are in frenzy, one threw itself towards Krystal. Amber protected Krystal by letting herself get bitten by the dog.  But it doesn’t matter, it won’t hurt anyway….. Amber struggles with the dog, and successfully twisted the dog’s neck and stab the dog’s head with a broken piece of glass she found on the floor.

Krystal is shocked and at the same time touched by Amber's action.... Now that Amber killed one of the dogs, the others went crazy and started attacking Amber. There’s no use, even if Amber is strong, there are too much of dogs attacking her.

Krystal tries to help Amber but she don’t have the ability to. She almost jumps out her skin when a bullet passed her and hit one of the dogs’ head.

She turned around and saw a man aiming carefully at Amber who’s attacked by the dogs. He then blows the dogs’ head one by one. “That’s what you call a perfect shot!!” The man exclaimed proudly while blowing the tip of his shotgun.

 “Are you okay?” He asked while trying to help Amber up. “Zombie?!!” He was shocked when he saw Amber’s face. 

The man immediately aimed his shotgun at Amber head……

“Stop!!!” Krystal yelled while pushing him away.

“The hell are you doing?? He’s a zombie, you wanna die ?” Kai retorted.

“I know, but SHE’s different!!” Krystal exclaimed and the latter looked at her confusedly.

“What is so different about this zombie??” He asked sarcastically while aiming his shotgun at Amber’s head.

“SHE may be a cure for everything!!! Don’t shoot her!!” Krystal begged.

“Are you kidding me?? This piece of monster is a cure??” He snorted while readying to pull the trigger.

“Kai, stop!!” A tall man demanded with two other men following behind him.

 “Kai, I don’t think she’s lying. The zombie hadn’t attack you and I think it’s weird too.” One of the two men reasoned out.

“I’m sorry for his rudeness, I’m Kris and that rude guy is Kai.” The tall guy walked towards Krystal and put out his left hand.

“I’m Krystal.” Krystal replied while shaking his hand.

“I’m Sehun and he’s Luhan.” Another guy introduced himself and his friend.

“Care to explain about the zombie being a cure for everything?” Kris said while giving Amber his hand and pulled her up while Kai on the other hand is still examinating Amber from head to toe.

Krystal took out a booklet from her bag and showed them. She then explained about her plan....Some of them looked at me in disbelief, especially Kai.

“You serious? You’re going to bring her to the hideout? Well, I doubt that your plan would work cause she would probably get shot by the moment she stepped into the hideout.” Luhan said while shaking his head.

“Yeah he’s right…” Kris agreed while nodding his head.

“Wait, who are you all by the way?? How did you know about the underground secret hideout? Are you guys a seeker like me?” Krystal asked out of curiosity.

“Well, we are technically a kind of seekers. We are people from the Korea research institute. Three months ago the US government had found a possible cure for the virus. Since then, the government sent us out secretly to help to seek for the herbs called the biocruotique herbs which are one of the rarest herbs which could only be found in South Korea.” Sehun explained carefully.

“And there used to be hundreds of us, but all of them were useless and died.” Kai said arrogantly.

“We searched all around but there’s no sight of the biocruotique herbs.” Kris said with a serious tone.“Krystal, you said you found Amber in ASA Medical centre right??”

“Yeah..." Krystal said while nodding her head. 

"Then we'll go there tomorrow...." 

“And we need her to be with us too...She might be in use in the future.”