5.

I promise to let go

Dating. It was hard in the real world, it was harder in the idol world and it was especially hard to do in the world of entertainment when you were gay. Not that Chanyeol wanted to date someone at that precise moment, but he felt he was ready. Or maybe he felt he was ready because he met someone worth dating. He couldn't tell for sure and it was all too hard, but one thing was obvious, the new choreographer the company had hired danced like the gods and was more than hot. 

It was nothing much, they had bumped into one another a couple of times around the building, smiling and small head shakes whenever they passed each other by. The giant had noticed how appealing the newcomer was, but never really paid attention as he was too busy dealing with his heart issues. However, Kyungsoo had already told him to move on countless of times and he was thinking maybe the wisest thing to do was to listen to his friend. Sure, he still loved Baekhyun, but there was nothing to be done and meeting someone new was necessary. 

However, he really didn't pay close attention to Woojin, the name he learned when he was brought into their practice room, until he was assigned to them. He was brought in to watch over them, as their sort of mentor for their concerts. Practicing the same choreographs was hard, but doing it while having a beautiful man analyze what you did, made it twice as difficult. The happy virus was unusually quiet and thick beads of sweat would not stop rolling down his features. 

The swift dancer asked for Chanyeol's number and the latter offered it with enthusiasm. Nights became tinted  with daylight and staying away from the phone for too long, was becoming impossible. The tall male was oblivious of the fact that everyone noticed these weird changes, like how he would spend more time looking at himself in the mirror, smiling for longer than necessary.

"What's been up with you?" The ever forward Kyungsoo snatched his phone away and faced him.

"Hey give it back."

"Chanyeol, I think you're spending too much time on your phone, you need to snap out of it, being on your phone all day doesn't make reality go away."

The rapper just stared dumfounded at his friend "I'm texting someone, so give it back, okay?"

"Who?" Leave it to Kyungsoo to want to figure things out. 

"Soo, you can't tell anyone okay, I've just been texting with Woojin, and well, we've become friends and it's really fun talking with him."

"Woojin, the dancer?"

"Well he´s actually the choreographer but yes."

"Okay, I know who he is, so you mean to tell me that you like Woojin?" 

"Yes, no, well I don't know honestly. A huge part of me is interested in him, and I think he's good looking and I wish to get to know him better, but a whole other part of me still loves Baekhyun." 

"Do you think Woojin might like you back?"

"I'm not sure but I have a strong feeling about it." 

The short male handed his friend his phone back. "Then find out, invite him on a date." 

"He said yes!" An overwhelmed Chanyeol waved his phone in front of his friends face so he could see. 

"Really?!" A just as happy Kyungsoo sat closer to the male on the sofa, leaning on the tall male lovingly.

"When should we see each other? Where should we go?"

"Well we have a free day tomorrow, so ask him out to dinner or something." 

"Hey, what are you guys..." An approaching Baekhyun stopped straight in his tracks upon seeing the image before him "doing" he finished reluctantly, wishing he hadn't said a word. 

"Baek ummm..." A jumpy Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo for help.

"Just seeing random videos on the internet Want to join?" The doe-eyed male quickly nudged the rapper, hoping he would go into the youtube account accordingly.

"Umm no thanks" the small male bit his lip nervously "I was just going out to the balcony, would you guys want to join?" 

"I think I'll pass, what about you Chanyeol?" 

"Yeah, I'll stay here with Soo."

Bakehyun dropped his gaze shyly, feeling stupid for even inviting them to spend time when he knew full well lately Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were like an item or something. "Oh, okay, I'll be outside." 

The big eared male gulped watching the sullen diva walk away.

"Chanyeol... Woojin" the singer pointed at the phone.

"Ah yes" The happy male was quick to send out a response, "he said tomorrow's good" he smiled at his friend and then turned towards the balcony.

Kyungsoo sighed, "there really is no stopping you, go talk to him." 

The tall male nodded and quietly made way to the balcony. The sky was lit with a thousand stars and he couldn't help remembering the many times they had stayed out there all night talking about everything and nothing at all. The soft wind pushed their hair, like grass swaying in the summer. However it felt far from hot, on the contrary, it was ice cold near the elder of the two. 

Baekhyun had around a thousand questions to throw at the tall male, but he kept silent. What could he say? Would it be okay? Why should he even care? But he did, Kyungsoo was partly the reason he broke up with Chanyeol, so he had to know. He tugged nervously at the neck of his shirt, clearing his throat and facing his giant... no, the giant. 

"So you and Kyungsoo..."

Chanyeol stared blankly at his ex, not knowing what he was trying to talk about. 

"You guys finally a thing" he used his hands to quote, answering all of the rapper's questions.

"What no! Why would you think that?" 

The short male shrugged "I don't know, just, you guys seem so close lately."

"We´ve always been close, just that before..." The happy virus trailed off shaking his head, he didn't want to finish a sentence, and there was no need for it either. 

"Yeah I know" Baekhyun acknowledged sulking away into the shadows of his thoughts. 

Chanyeol noticed the nonchalant tone of the singer, maybe he wanted Chanyeol to be something with Kyungsoo so that he would no longer be like an abandoned puppy following his owner. "But I've met someone, if that's what you wanted to know." The words felt stupid as they spilled out of his mouth, but just like a stream, there was no stopping them. 

"Oh" the diva smiled nonchalantly so the dumb giant found someone, not like he cared, good for him, maybe now he could stop, moping, why was he even feeling mad? "I'm happy for you" he lied like a pro, he wasn't, not because he cared for Chanyeol he convinced himself, but he would miss the attention, just that, it had to be that. 

 


P.S. Okay, this was meant to be published long ago, idk, i just had many things to do, still do actually, which ;; Thanks so much to those of you who read and comment, green hearts for you all! <3
P.S.2 I have no idea what is going on, the characters do whatever the please ;; xDDD <3
P.S.3. Sorry for typos or weird writing sometimes (most of the time) it's hard to notice these details on your own >.<