Theme 095

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Advertisement
Pairing: none
Related Chapters: 102, 108, 116, 126, 135, 146, 153, 161, 170, 187, 208, 227,
Word Count: 816

                     

Sanghyuk read over the ad for the fifth time. Specifically, he read over the part of the ad that listed an address. Then, he looked back up at the high end apartment standing before him. Honestly, he was impressed with the building. The young Anubis had expected something more low end when he first read the ad about apartments for specifically for monsters. His best friend Sungjae, a Sphinx, had told him flat out that he should expect the place to be some kind of run down motel like building.

Sanghyuk had just shrugged, waving at the old tomb like structure the pair had been calling home for the past…….Sanghyuk had lost count. They’d been there since their former master, their Pharaoh, had left them. This left Sungjae without a purpose and Sanghyuk without his army of mummies since his master saw fit to take them all. Honestly, that had probably burned him most of all. He had spent a lot of time collecting those undead soldiers.

Anyway, that didn’t matter. What did matter was that Sanghyuk wanted new place to live.

“Better get inside before it rains,” Sanghyuk was pulled from his memories suddenly, turning around to find a young man with red hair and tan skin smiling kindly at him.

“You’re….,” Sanghyuk trailed off before a small smile formed on his face, “a dhampir. Correct?”

“Yeah,” the man laughed, “but you can call me Hakyeon. Cha Hakyeon. You’re the Anubis, right? The one who called about the apartment? It’s Han Sanghyuk, yes?”

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk nodded, “that would be me.”

“I must confess,” Hakyeon said, looking at Sanghyuk’s bags like he expected something else to be there, “I thought you would have more things. Like bandaged things.”

“I had some,” Sanghyuk nodded, “a whole army of things in bandages. But someone took them while I was resting.”

“Sorry to hear that,” Hakyeon patted his shoulder as if to comfort him, “why don’t we go inside? I wasn’t kidding about the rain. I can even introduce you to a few of our other residence.”

“Fine by me,” Sanghyuk shrugged.

Meeting people was part of why he was here after all. He had spent far too many centuries with only Sungjae and a couple hundred grunting mummies for company. You could only talk to Sungjae about so many things before conversation came to a close and you couldn’t hold any type of discussion with something that just grunted.

“Jaehwan’s still out,” Hakyeon explained, grabbing a couple of Sanghyuk’s bags before leading the way into the building, “and Wonsik should be……looking for a fight I guess. The only one here other than us should be Hongbin.”

“What’s he?” Sanghyuk said, using a simple levitation spell for his bags once the pair were inside, “I assume this is alright?”

“As long as you’re inside the building,” Hakyeon nodded, “we have charms here so that any humans who walk by will just seem normal stuff. Oh, it shouldn’t affect whatever spell you’re using to hide your more monstrous features, though.”

“Good to know,” Sanghyuk nodded, “back to this Hongbin person.” The pair reached the waiting elevator, stepping inside and letting the doors close before continuing their conversation.

“He’s a Yuki-onna,” Hakyeon explained, “have you heard of them before?”

“They…..snow spirits, right?” Sanghyuk frowned slightly as he tried to recall anything he might have heard about Hongbin’s kind. He didn’t come up with much, but he did come from a more desert like region so that might explain it.

“Pretty much,” the dhampir nodded, “so if it snows inside, you’ll know who to blame.”

“How many others live here?” Sanghyuk asked.

“Not many right now,” Hakyeon sighed, “it’s hard to get the word out about this place. But once word is out? There’s probably going to be a lot of monsters coming here.”

“Can’t wait,” Sanghyuk smiled slightly as the elevator dinged.

The pair exited and made their way down the hall until they reached Sanghyuk’s new place. Hakyeon wished him well before heading off to go about his own business. Once alone, Sanghyuk took his time looking around. The place wasn’t overly big, at least compared to some of the other places he’d stayed, but it was big enough for him. It even had an extra bedroom if Sungjae decided to come and visit.

Sanghyuk made his way over to the large window that took up one whole wall in the living room. Looking out on the city, the Anubis smiled to himself and allowed the spells he had cast upon himself to make him appear human to fade. His smile turned a bit dark as he looked out upon the city, long black tail and ears twitching with excitement. He couldn’t wait to start exploring. He might even gather a few new mummies for his collection.

Sanghyuk turned away from the window and walked over to his bags that he needed to unpack, ever mindful of not scratching the floor or his things with his sharp claws.

A/N: k, so I’ll start with a little explanation about what an Anubis and a Sphinx are since most of you guys probably might not know (feel like I should spare you the google search). Both are Egyptian monsters. The job of an Anubis, wolf/jackal like creatures, is to look after the dead, specifically mummies, while a Sphinx, cat like creatures, guards the tombs of the Pharaoh (or of their master). Both have magic as well as great speed and strength. Oh, and they’ll……punish…in rather mean and violent ways…anyone who gets too close to what they’re protecting. As for dhampir, I’ll blindly assume you guys know about these half vampire, half human beings.