Getting Back What's Mine

One Last Dance With You

Tae Kyung arrived at the dorm. He was totally satisfied with the dinner that he and Noona cooked in her pad.

He went straight to the kitchen to drink some water when he noticed Shin Woo and Mi Nyu eating together, and they were already talking. He was about to get jealous when he was watching them closely.

"Oh, Hyung-nim, come and eat with us!" she invited him. "Oppa's cooking is so yummy!"

"No, thank you," he said after gulping his water. "Noona invited me for dinner."

"Geurae?" Shin Woo said. "I guess you and Noona could be very good friends now."

"It's a good thing, isn't it?" he replied.

"Ne," Shin Woo said before digging back to his food.

Tae Kyung continued spying on them as he was drinking his water. Shin Woo and Mi Nyu got back to being friends, but they were not sweet. He sighed contentedly, feeling that Shin Woo indeed got over Mi Nyu. His love rival was finally gone. Who knows? In the future, Mi Nyu might get back with him.

*****

Back to his room.

A clean piece of paper was on his table, and a neatly sharpened pencil beside it. So he started his "circle" analysis.

"Why was Noona problematic? Because she is torn between two lovers."

He drew circle after circle.

"Why was she torn? Because she loves one and hates the other. Why did she hate the other? Because he was harassing her. Why did he harass her? Because he loves her. Why does he love her?"

He could not think of any reason why, so he scrunched the piece of paper and threw it inside the trash bin.

"Aish, it's as if I am part of it."

He gave up his paper games and just analyzed. He had learned to analyze by thought instead of by paper when he noticed that his stack of paper was running out.

"Why was Mi Nyu and Shin Woo not sweet? Because he got over her. Why did he got over her? Because she doesn't love him. Why doesn't she love him? Because she loves me...."

His thoughts were getting complicated and cofusing.

"But she doesn't love me anymore, right? So what's up for me?"

He remembered Noona telling him to examine what he is now that his love left him.

"I am loveless. If I have love, I cannot think well. If I am loveless, my mind will think objectively. And if I think objectively, I will finish my plans and continue making other flawless plans. And what is it for me? It means, I get back to my old self."

Then he smiled like an evil tycoon and laughed. Then, all of a sudden, lightning flashed and thunder rumbled. In his fright, he panicked and was about to hide under his table when he noticed his flat screen TV. It was a horror movie. He looked at it strangely.

"Why am I watching horror movies?"

That figures.

****

So that was it. He had gone back to being the objective and cunning Tae Kyung that he once was and forever will be.