Souvenirs

One Last Dance With You

Shin Woo and Mi Nyu walked away from the bar as instructed. They strolled around Shibuya, trying to buy some nice gifts for Manager Ma, who was not able to join them because of the flu. They also bought more souvenir items for people back home, like Aunt Mi Ja, for example.

*****

They went back alone to the hotel. The guys' hotel room was situated beside the girls' room, which was situated beside President Ahn's room. Shin Woo followed Mi Nyu inside her room, as she asked for a favor of helping her wrap gifts.

Both of them sat on the floor across each other, and Mi Nyu was having a hard time wrapping her gift for her aunt. The foil wrapper was too much for her.

"Let me do that for you," Shin Woo offered gently.

As he wrapped the gift with dexterity, Mi Nyu watched how he did it. "Wow, you are a genius, Shin Woo-hyung."

He smiled at her and patted her hair. Then, she frowned at herself for her thoughts.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I am worried about Coordinator Noona," she confessed. "Chung Hee-ssi is not going to hurt her, is he?"

"Don't worry, Tae Kyung is there," he assured her. "How many times had he rescued you in the past, right?"

He could have added, "For you to fall for him so hard." part but he omitted it.

"I am sure Tae Kyung will rescue Noona," he deduced. "Or, Noona will take care of it herself. She is a strong woman."

Mi Nyu smiled again. "Ye, she is. She overpowers Manager Ma, and I pity him so much."

Shin Woo was amused at her comment. "Geurae? Wae?"

"It is just that she always boxes and kicks Manager Ma," she recalled.

"I would not worry about her," Shin Woo said. "I know she trusts me and Tae Kyung, but I know she will do fine."

As he continued wrapping the gifts, he continued. "Coordi Noona helped you in the past. Now is the right time to reciprocate."

"I know,"  Mi Nyu said. "Gomawoyo, Shin Woo-hyung."

Shin Woo taught her his secrets of wrapping gifts properly. He had shared to her his "kill dog" secret and a few, but this is one secret that he feels is not much of a loss. He had taught it to Jeremy too.

As he was explaining to her, she could not help but look at his eyes. His eyes were always smiling whenever he talks, and she seemed to be in. She could hear her heart pounding against her chest, as if it were beating faster than usual. She clutched her chest and looked away.

"Wae?" Shin Woo asked in concern.

"Ah...nothing, Shin Woo-hyung, just...go on," she lied. And she hated lying so much.

Shin Woo stopped his explanation. "We had a long day today, and we had a tough night too. I think you should go to bed," he instructed her like a real oppa telling his dongsaeng (younger sibling) to go to bed.

As they stood up, he returned the scissors to her, and she gave a bow. He smiled and ruffled her hair. "What's with the bow? So formal."

He was not used to seeing her bow, most especially to him.

"Good night, Shin Woo-hyung," she said to him, which he answered with another hair-patting.

When he left, Mi Nyu did her night rituals, got ready for bed and looked at the wall clock. It was already ten-forty five that night. It was indeed a very long night. She turned off the lights and settled into bed, getting ready to fly to dreamland.

On the other room, Shin Woo did his nightly rituals, feeling peaceful to have the room to himself even for a few minutes. Maybe by eleven, the other guys will return. He also turned off the light and went to sleep.

*****

Tae Kyung and Noona went out of the bar together.

"I really hated that guy! The nerve!" she furiously said.

"Ah, I could see he is one proud chap who doesn't want to admit defeat," he replied casually. "I think I had met my real match."

Noona laughed. "Oh, I had not experienced any fun these days. Thank you, Tae Kyung."

"For what?" he asked.

"For making me laugh," Noona replied. "Yes, both of you are really persistent and hardheaded, but at least, you can understand instructions promptly!"

"Ya! I am no longer a student. Are you my teacher?" he scoffed. "Follow instructions. Huh!"

Noona stayed unaffected. "Anyhoo, let  me see my watch here."

It was around nine that night, and the streets were still very busy.

"I think I will buy a souvenir for Manager Ma and Mi Ja-ajumma," she said to him. "Wanna come?"

"As long as you will not let me drink sake or humiliate me in karaoke," he frowned. He shivered at the memory of him absent-mindedly drinking soju and singing in a noraebang.

"No, I won't," she said. "Besides, all of us will be working hard tomorrow."

They stopped at a shop where they bought items to bring back home.

*******

When he went back to the hotel room, he saw that it was eleven-fifteen at night. Shin Woo was sleeping already, with a cover on his eyes. Tae Kyung scoffed, thinking how Shin Woo always thought ahead. The guitarist knew that the vocalist hated the lights out.

Tae Kyung did  his rituals too and went to bed. He noticed that the noisy guys were not yet in sight. He reached for his phone and instructed them to go back to the hotel already.