Say Goodbye

One Last Dance With You

"What? She's getting married?"

Chung Hee asked Mizuki, who nodded matter-of-factly. "When?" he asked.

"Next week," she replied. She did not tell him that she and Nanako had been invited to the wedding.

Chung Hee looked disturbed and totally devastated. He had to get her once again. He had to say to her that he loves her. He has to...

"How did you know?" Chung Hee asked her.

"Oh, we talked through Skype three weeks ago," Mizuki explained. "Gomen nasai (Sorry), I forgot to tell you because I was so busy."

"Gomen nasai? Gomen nasai? Is that all you can say?" he demanded. "You know very well how much I love her!"

"I know," the stylist said to him. "I totally understand how you feel, but I guess I should have not told you at all."

The stylist got angry at his behavior which is why she responded that way. The model sat on his chair and began to sob. When the stylist left him, he reached for his phone and called up President Ahn and asked casually how things are going in Korea. The president, still unaware, invited him over for a party that they will be holding for Noona and Joon the following night.

"You know, we can talk over of business, and possibly, some deals with our company. Jackpot!" President Ahn said. "You should come huh? My stylist is getting married, and I did not even know she has a boyfriend. Come here to Korea. OK?"

"Thanks, that's all I needed to know," he solemnly replied to the president.

When he dropped the call, he had his secretary arrange his business schedules and to postpone any appointment this day until the day after tomorrow. Something came up to Korea, and he needs to be there.

******

The party was in full blast in President Ahn's favorite bar. A lot of Hallyu stars were there, and Mi Nam was having fun flirting with the girls. Jeremy was also taking selcas with Nanako and Mizuki, who had been invited by Coordi Noona to the party. Finally, Jeremy uploaded the pics in the internet, much to the envy of Sa Yu Ri and her girls.

Many guests were also dancing on the dance floor, with Coordi Noona and Joon having a blast for a few days before their wedding. Others were drinking. Mi Nyu did not touch even a single glass of champagne. Shin Woo, who sat across her, drank only a glass of beer, while Tae Kyung, who sat beside Mi Nyu, did not touch a single booze at all.

Later, the president came to the stage and announced that this party is sort of a parting gift to singleness for both Noona and Joon. He expressed his sadness over having one member getting married, and him getting old. As the audience laughed, the president smiled and let the laughter die down.

"Okey, just enjoy the party ah. Jackpot! Oh yeah!!!!" he exclaimed as he punched the air excitedly.

 

Meanwhile in the A.N. Jell table, Jeremy and Nanako went back to sit there. Mizuki went over to Mi Nam to dance with him.

"Hyung, why don't you dance with Noona?" Jeremy asked Tae Kyung.

"Wae? I don't want to humiliate myself, and you know that," he answered stiffly. "I don't know how to dance."

"You're such a killjoy. Shin Woo-hyung, how about you?" Jeremy pestered his other hyung.

Shin Woo only smiled and shook his head. He was in no mood to dance.

Then, Jeremy turned to Nanako and, in Japanese, told her that his hyungs are too killjoy to dance.

"Ah, I want to see Tee Gyon-sama dance," Nanako responded slyly.

And to this, Tae Kyung pursed his lips and scowled at her, but she only giggled hard.

"Kinishinaide (Never mind)," she responded with a grin as she grabbed Jeremy for another dance.

As the two semi-lovebirds went out to dance, Tae Kyung suddenly asked Mi Nyu to exchange places with him.

"Waeyo (Why)?" she asked.

"I want to be able to get out of the couch immediately, that is why I want to trade places with you," Tae Kyung ordered. "And a Pig Rabbit should be obedient and not ask questions."

And so. they trade places. Mi Nyu then sat with her arm touching the wall, with Tae Kyung in the free end. Shin Woo scooted to the wall and leaned on it. He felt strange and wondered why he got drunk so easily. While Tae Kyung was busy looking at the crowd, Mi Nyu and Shin Woo stared at each other by accident. Her hyung suddenly got silent and drowsy.

"Gwaenchahnseumnida?" she mouthed the words.

He gave her a nod and slowly closed his eyes. It was odd of him to be sleeping when he was the one who usually seems to be alert. She reached out her hand on the table and held his. Shin Woo awoke groggily and looked at their hands.

"Gwaenchahnseuminda," she assured him.

He smiled and removed his hand from her grip. He placed it on top of her hand and gave it a slight squeeze. When he looked up, he smiled to her and nodded. Mi Nyu felt the heat from his hand, and felt her heart racing to a maximum speed. Has she really fallen in love with Shin Woo?

Then, he took off his hand and rested his chin on it. Then he closed his eyes again. Mi Nyu felt sad that it was short and over, and that Shin Woo seemed to care less now that she cared for him more. She became sad, yet was afraid to tell him that she now realizes that she feels the same way for him. It's too late.

Or so she thought. What she did not know is, Shin Woo was still hoping, yet he was holding back his feelings the way she did.

****

Later, a romantic tune was played by the DJ. Noona got irritated because she hated corny music.

"Now what?" Noona asked irritably when a hand grabbed her for a dance.

"Ch...Chung Hee?" she asked in annoyance.

"Hi," he replied sweetly.

In the other table, Mi Nyu and Tae Kyung saw it in shock, and Shin Woo, who opened his curious eyes to the sound of the sweet song, suddenly awoke. Tae Kyung stood up in indignation.

 

One last dance with you
Even though what we have is strong
Both of us know that we've done wrong
You could lose everything
Need to give it up

 

"Why are you here?" Noona demanded furiously. She was not definitely going to dance with him.

He told her what Mizuki had said, and got an invitation from the President. Noona was furious that he used the president for his own selfishness.

"Did you hear what Craid David sang?" he asked, while she listened hard.
 

Just one last dance with you
For all the moments that we shared
All the lies they don't compare
You gotta go back to him, and I realize that
Every time I see your face I know
There's a part of me that can't bear to let you go

 

"We are so through, Go Chung Hee," Noona said. Her words were harsh, but her hand was placed gently on his shoulders, as if she had fallen for him again.

"I know," he solemnly told her. "Let me just do this to let go, even if I can't."

At the not-to-distant scene, Joon saw it in shock, but was unable to go, for Jeremy held him back. He told the journalist that perhaps, this is proper closure.

And at Noona's growing irritation, Chung Hee hugged her slowly, as if cherishing her for the last time.


And I would give my heart
Give you the world, risk losing everything I got
I'd give it all to you
Though I don't wanna stop
I know it's the right thing to do.....yeah

 

"I'm sorry....for everything," Chung Hee told her. "Even if you can never forgive me, but I'm sorry."

Noona's features softened when he said it, and did not realize that tears fell from her eyes.


One last dance with you
So hard to find the words to say
But I can't see any other way
Girl you've risked everything
Time to give it up

 

Tae Kyung pursed his lips and sat down. "What do you know?" he asked in amusement.

Meanwhile....

"Mizuki said you will be married in less than a week," Chung Hee said in tears. "Chu..chukhahae..."

Noona was not able to thank him. She just nodded in affirmation at the upcoming marriage. She shed tears, looking at her ex-boyfriend shedding heartbreaking tears. Why did they have to have closure when she is about to get married? They could have done this years ago.

 

Just one last dance with you
And though it breaks my heart to leave
We both know it's time to let it breathe
You gotta go back to him, girl I realize that
Every time I see your face I know
There's a part of me that can't bear to let you go


And I would give my heart
Give you the world, risk losing everything I got
I'd give it all to you
Though I don't wanna stop
I know it's the right thing to do.....yeah

 

"I know I am not invited," Chung Hee told her. "Gwaenchanha...I am busy anyway. Business deals here, business deals there, you know?"

Noona shed tears, knowing it was just a sad excuse. But she realized she and Joon had done the right thing of not inviting him. Otherwise, he would mess up the wedding.

"Things would not have turned this way had I been respectful of your relationship," Chung Hee sobbed bitterly. "And now, I cannot even have you back."

He was blaming himself.

"I still love you, Kko Di-yah," he admitted. "But I have to say goodbye..."


So many times we tried to hold back
We been here before now girl
And it feels so cruel, yeah
A million tears won't change the fact that
I find it hard to play the game
When I feel like i'm the one to blame

 

President Ahn saw the situation and was confused. Manager Ma had been told by Tae Kyung already a few days before the wedding, so he and Jeremy abducted the president out of the area so as not to ask and mess with the closure. The other people in the dance floor just danced, as they did not know what exactly is happening.


But I would give my heart
Give you the world, risk losing everything I got
I'd give it all to you
Though I don't wanna stop
I know it's the right thing to do.....yeah


And I would give my heart
Give you the world, risk losing everything I got
I'd give it all to you
And make our peace with God
I know it's the right thing to do...yeah

One last dance with you....

****

Joon, Noona, and Chung Hee went out of the bar to talk. Joon was not angry at the incident after Jeremy explained to him. He was grateful that Chung Hee finally admitted his defeat.

"I know," Chung Hee said. He apologized to them for his wrongdoings. "I just have to say goodbye too."

The couple forgave him and asked for his friendship too. He hesitantly gave it, though he had to admit to himself that it was not easy. Even letting go was not.

"We invite you to our wedding," Joon told him.

He shook his head.

"I am a businessman, remember? Mianhae, I cannot. I moved all my schedules just to get here today," he explained. "Now, it leaves yesterday up to tomorrow's schedules full up to the next week."

"That's too bad," Joon told him.

"Anya," Chung Hee said. "It's all right. I cannot help it anymore."

The couple waved goodbye as they watched their old friend getting inside the car. Noona easily waved a goodbye to him, not feeling the earlier feelings (crush feelings) she had for Chung Hee. It was easy to smile at him. As she and Joon got in the bar, Chung Hee smiled easily, knowing that he and Noona had proper closure, and was sure that they will remain friends. Sad as he may be, he managed to smile and drive away.

*****

The party continued.

The table was full packed, and by now, President Ahn demanded what was going on.

"Geurae, I am your father, and I should know," he said. "How could I give my daughter away if I don't know her past?"

(Not the literal father and daughter, OK?)

Noona had to tell him, much as she did not want to. Finally, the president understood, then encouraged all the people to join in the party.

"Oh, Shin Woo, do not sleep," he told the guitarist. "It's still time to party!"

Shin Woo nodded. Mizuki and Mi Nam pulled the president to dance with them, while Jeremy and Nanako grabbed Tae Kyung and forced him to dance with Manager Ma on stage. The leader scowled as he obliged, yet, he left the manager on stage to be humiliated by the party goers.

Shin Woo extended his hand at Mi Nyu. "Shall we dance?"

Mi Nyu cutely nodded and held his hand. She is not fond of dancing too, but she had to dance since he is going to dance (because the president told him to). And so the two of them joined the people on the dance floor.

Everyone had a blast as they watched Manager Ma do some poor imitation of headstands, break dance, and other hiphop moves. Nevertheless, the party lasted the whole night long.

 

*END*