Heartbreak Aftermath

One Last Dance With You

Hwang Tae Kyung slowly opened his eyes. He scratched his arms and his neck.

"Why is my body so itchy?" he groggily thought.

When he saw the red spots on his arms, he examined his belly. They were full of red streaks too. He went into panic when he saw Coordinator Noona, sleeping soundly on the other couch. Then he remembered.

"Aish! I was a fool to be fooled by Noona!" he thought angrily.

He knew he never drank. He knew he never sing in a noraebang, nor does he want to humiliate himself. So why was he fooled by Noona? He angrily thought as he scratched his arms and his palms. He hated how his skin had grown red. His doctor had prescribed some anti-histamine medications, but he was careful on what he eats, which is why he did not take medications. He hates medications.

When Noona woke up from her beautiful sleep, she saw a scowl on Tae Kyung's face.

"Oh, good morning, Tae Kyung," she greeted as she stretched like a cat.

"Noona, I am having allergies right now. It's good I am still breathing fine! Why did you make a fool of me?" he demanded.

Coordinator Wang smiled slyly, though a little bit sleepy. "You were depressed, so I brought you out to bring you out of depression. You did not insist that you do not drink soju."

"You know I do not drink anything, not even soju," Tae Kyung insisted.

"Oh, but soju is tasty!" she retorted. "Let's just say I was doing you a favor."

The stylist smiled slyly and stood up, proceeding to the kitchen. Tae Kyung scowled as he continued scratching himself.

"Aish! She's gonna watch out!" he thought. "She should be thankful that it is a Saturday, and we are not busy. Otherwise, if I take my medications, I will fall asleep, and I am gonna blame her!"

*****

He was still scratching himself dispite taking his meds. When he proceeded to the dining room, he saw the other band members, Aunt Mi Ja, and Coordinator Noona eating breakfast. As he passed by the stylist, he pursed his lips at her and scowled. The stylist just smirked at him. It was so good to be fooling around with younger siblings.

He was leaning angrily on the refrigerator when Mi Nyu came in the room. She was a bit sleepy, but when she saw her hyungnim, she bowed her head in silence. She avoided eye contact when she passed near him to wash her hands.

"Oh, my niece, take your seat and eat!" Aunt Mi Ja cheerfully proclaimed as she put a plate in front of Shin Woo. When Mi Nyu took her place, she saw Tae Kyung walk out of the room.

"Looks like Leader is such in a bad mood," the ajumma said.

The stylist explained that Tae Kyung is always in a bad mood.

"But he seems to be scratching all over," Jeremy said. "He never misses his bath, does he?"

"Unlike you!" Mi Nam sneered.

"Ya!" Jeremy shouted angrily.

"Don't fight in front of food, all right boys?" the stylist said in a sweet voice.

But Jeremy and Mi Nam were scratching each other from across the table. Mi Nam accidentally jabbed his sister.

"Aya (Ouch)!" Mi Nyu yelped in pain.

Mi Nam stopped and apologized to his sister. When he looked back at Jeremy, the blond guy was already pulling out his tongue for him to see.

Mi Nyu was nursing her arm when her eyes met Shin Woo's. When they did, the other guy looked away and continued eating his breakfast. Mi Nyu was quite surprised and noticed that, for the first time, Shin Woo did not notice her at all. Yes, since she came yesterday, she did not notice it that Shin Woo was acting distant. Just this breakfast time. It made her disturbed looking at her Shin Woo-hyung suddenly giving her the cold shoulder.

*****

Coordi Wang went back to the dorm before lunch time, for Aunt Mi Ja invited her again. Besides, she just found the ajumma's cooking delightful.

When she got inside the living room, she was met with Tae Kyung, who was about to go into his room from the kitchen.

"So, how's your allergies, Tae Kyung?" Coordi Wang said.

"Fine," he sourly said. "You are as annoying as Manager Ma."

The stylist crossed her arms. "Well, at least, I do my stuff as cleanly as possible."

As Tae Kyung was about to enter the room, the stylist called him again. As he turned around, the stylist said that she brought some of the clothes that he was to fit for Monday night. And so, Tae Kyung followed the stylist to the van waiting outside.

*****

The stylist got the clothes and flashed it in front of the vocalist.

"Hmm...not bad," he objectively announced. He was pleased at the slick tux that the stylist brought in. He was to wear it for an awards night that Monday. "And why are you bringing in clothes, by the way?"

"The dressing rooms have been renovated yesterday," the stylist told him. "Do not tell me you forgot!"

Tae Kyung was not one to forget. He felt he had the perfect senses (save for the sense of sight), and the perfect memory, the perfect working systems--everything perfect. He found it odd to forget that the dressing rooms were renovated. Ah, he had been busy thinking about the date the whole day yesterday. See what love had done to him. He had not become himself.

"I brought Mi Nam's clothes last night too," she reminded him.

"You did?" he asked.

"Oh, you forgot? I told you about it when I came in!" the stylist said. Ah, she remembered that the vocalist was not in his right mind last night. Then she continued dryly. "Anyhow, for a while, the dorm will be your dressing area."

As they walked to the dorm, Tae Kyung suddenly spoke out of the blue. "I cannot forgive Mi Nyu."

Coordi Wang looked at him. "I could see you are really affected, huh?"

He looked at her sharply. "Who would not be? I was planning to marry her, but she broke up with me. What's with her?"

The stylist smiled to herself. "Well, I guess she just needs time. That is what we girls ask when we are not ready--we always need time!"

"But how long am I gonna wait? Five years? Ten years? Five hundred million years?" he asked her in exasperation. "I hate waiting."

The stylist shoot up an index finger to his face and wiggled it. "I don't like waiting either. It's just that we girls always want to be given adequate time! Like, time for dressing, time for eating! Time to finish talking on the phone! Etcetera!"

The vocalist looked at the stylist walking ahead of him. Though the stylist could really be a lion or a tiger, but she always spoke sense, though her imagination sometimes runs wild, well, in a mature way. Unlike the juvenile Manager Ma.

*****

After lunch time, it was Jeremy and Mi Nyu's turn to wash the dishes. Jeremy saw a pensive look on Mi Nyu's face.

"Ya, gwaenchanha?" he asked her.

Mi Nyu smiled a bit. She did not want to let Jeremy feel that she is sad over her breakup last night. Out of the blue, Jeremy asked her.

"You break up with Tae Kyung-hyung?" he asked timidly.

Mi Nyu just nodded her head. She could not lie. Jeremy is her friend and she did not want to lie. The blond drummer did not want to ask further. He just let her be.

"I know breaking up is hard to do," Jeremy started. "But if you need a friend to talk to, I am here."

Mi Nyu smiled sadly at him and nodded. "Gomawoyo, Jeremy. You are so kind to me."

"Geurae! I would be very kind to you because we are friends," the blondie said.

To lift up her spirits, Jeremy took her around the city like he did before. They went to arcades and ate lots and lots of food and ice cream. Jeremy was more than satisfied that his beloved had started to smile again.

****

That evening, as Mi Nam and Mi Nyu were broiling some fish in the wooden balcony, Tae Kyung showed up from the door. He beckoned the lady to come in. Mi Nam looked pensively at his twin, for she still had not shared her problem.

Inside the house, the two ex-lovers were talking in the kitchen.

"What is it, Hyungnim?" she asked politely, avoiding eye contact.

"Are you guilty? Because you never looked me in the eyes," Tae Kyung superiorly told her.

Mi Nyu managed to looked at him, then looked away. The vocalist, still with the love in his heart, was willing to let ler go. He did not want to see Mi Nyu not looking at him.

"I am not one to surrender a fight, and you know that," he reminded her. "But it seems that you want me to give up. Much as this is not really me, I will give you up."

Mi Nyu looked at him. There. She looked at him straight.

"Does that mean that we can be friends again?" she asked.

"No, I did not say that," was his hurt reply. "I will let you go just as you wanted, but I won't forgive you easily."

Mi Nyu did not show him her puppy beg. This is a serious matter when puppy eyes won't work.

"Joesonghamnida, Hyung-nim," she softly said.

Tae Kyung looked at her in spite. Why is she still going soft on him? Why, he asked.

"It is because, I want to be friends with you again," she said.

"Huh! Work your worth to earn it," Tae Kyung rudely told her before walking away.

Mi Nyu looked at her hyung walking away. She leaned on the refrigerator looking sad and pensive when Shin Woo entered the kitchen. When she saw her other hyung, she greeted him.

"Er...good evening, Shin Woo-hyung," she politely said.

Shin Woo looked at her coldly. "May I get something from the refrigerator?"

His cold response shot daggers to her heart. His coldness hurt more than not gaining Tae Kyung's forgiveness. Why did the two men in her life hurt her this much? Why did Shin Woo's coldness hurt her suddenly?

Mi Nyu stepped aside so Shin Woo could get something he needed in the fridge. After getting some, he walked out as if she did not existed.

"Shin Woo-hyung," she called out, and he looked back. "Uh, your hair is...black."

Nice of her to notice his change. He changed his hair color over the weekend before her arrival, and his hair color matched his cold heart. He just gave a nod and walked away.

(Haha, Lee Shin much?)

She knew she had hurt Shin Woo with her rejection, and she thought he was OK with it, even helping her and Tae Kyung during their last concert (Mi Nam's official first concert). Yet, she did not expect him to change. She walked away sadly.

Unknown to her, Tae Kyung was watching, and he smiled in revenge. At least, Shin Woo did not treat her nicely anymore, and it was good that Shin Woo had nothing to do with the breakup.

"Serves you right, Pig Rabbit," he said as he pursed his lips.

******

"The fish is almost done, Mi Nyu," Mi Nam told his sister.

The pure girl sat down beside her oppa, who looked at her strangely. He had seen what had happened inside.

"I would understand if Shin Woo treated you like that, because he had been like that since you went away," he told her. "But what's up with you and Tae Kyung?"

Mi Nyu explained what had happened the night before. Mi Nam nodded, totally understanding her, yet understanding Tae Kyung too.

"He is quite vengeful, I should say," Mi Nam said. "But I am glad I will not have him for a brother-in-law."

"But, why is Shin Woo-hyung like that?" she asked her twin brother.

Mi Nam was not one to lie, especially if he wanted his sister to know. And so, he explained that he still found Shin Woo odd and deep, though he tried his best to read his bandmate well. He never confronted Shin Woo about it, but he found out that the guitarist started avoiding giving any comments especially when Mi Nyu is involved. There are times when Shin Woo refused going to places with them, and he thought the places might have something to do with Mi Nyu.

"He and Jeremy built a tree house by the lake, so in case they want to fish there, they would have a high place to place their stuff, or they would hang out in there when it suddenly rains," Mi Nam said. "I found him one time lying on the ground near the lake. He seems to be staying there when he wants to be alone."

Mi Nyu tried hard to fight back tears. "So, it is because of me?"

Mi Nam patted his sister on her shoulder. "Do not always think that it is because of you. You break up with Tae Kyung, so what? I cannot blame him if he gets vengeful, but do not blame yourself either. And do not blame yourself if Shin Woo suddenly got so pathetic."

"But, I cannot help it. Hyung-nim is precious to me, and so is Shin Woo-hyung," Mi Nyu replied.

"Yes, I know. But do not feel bad just because you made them feel bad. They will just snap out of it," he said as he winked at her. Then he pinched her cheeks. "Oh, my sister is very, very cute. Cute, cute, cute, cute cute!"

He felt happy having such a cute sister.

"And believe me, the only normal person around here is me," Mi Nam told her.

"How about Jeremy?" she asked.

"Since when was he ever normal?" Mi Nam snapped.

"Oppa!" she frowned cutely.

"Hehe, just joking," he said as he pinched her nose. "Just tell everybody it is time for dinner."

Mi Nyu did as told.