Heartbroken

One Last Dance With You

Mi Nyu finally returned from Africa.

That night, Tae Kyung and she went to a fancy restaurant to have dinner. Tae Kyung made sure that this is going to be a perfect moment for them. He was itching to give the engagement ring to his girlfriend whom he had missed so much.

Over dinner, they were talking about many things that had happened in the past--concerts, outreach activities, etc. After the meal, Tae Kyung got up from his seat, went over to Mi Nyu and knelt in front of her. To her surprise, he smoothly grabbed a small blue box from his pocket, and, in a synchronized manner, opened the box and popped the question.

"Will you marry me?" he asked.

But tears ran down Mi Nyu's eyes as she looked at the diamond-studded ring. She cupped her hands to avoid crying too much. Tae Kyung got concerned. He stood up and patted her on her shoulder.

"It's OK...I know it's a hasty decision, but I want to know your answer," he said to her softly.

Mi Nyu looked at him with a sad expression on her pure face. 

"That is why I came with you today...I also want to tell you that...."

Tae Kyung looked at her indifferently. He could guess what it was.

"Don't tell me...You're...Neo (you)..." he said, voice shaky. "Just tell me what I wanna hear!"

He said the last sentence as if he were shouting. Mi Nyu cried all the more, but forced herself to tell him nonetheless.

"I'm breaking up with you, Hyung-nim..." she sobbed.

Tae Kyung slumped back to his seat, hot tears streaming from his eyes.

"Is it because Mi Nam does not like me?" he asked, while she shook her head. "Or is it because of Jeremy?"

"No, Jeremy is not into this..."

He looked at her coldly. "Shin Woo..."

She shook her head. "No, not even Shin Woo-hyung...I rejected him, remember?"

Tae Kyung cursed himself, then broke out into a laugh. "Ha. Ha. Haha... You are being funny. Maybe you are just confused..."

"No, Hyung-nim, I am not confused. I don't love you anymore," she confessed.

It was final. Tae Kyung and Mi Nyu were so over. Mi Nyu ran outside, while he did not chase her. He grabbed the box and went out as well.

******

Shin Woo and Jeremy were in the wooden balcony, staring at the stars. Shin Woo was lying down on the benches, and Jeremy on the wooden floor, caressing Jolie's soft fur. Out of nowhere, Tae Kyung came in.

"Oh, hyung! How did the date go?" Jeremy asked excitedly as he stood up.

Tae Kyung did not reply, and Shin Woo could guess that something was up. He knew about the proposal because Tae Kyung had been planning it the whole time Mi Nyu was away.

"She...broke up with me," he said to them.

"MWO????" the two other guys chorused.

"I am not in the mood to talk," Tae Kyung icily told s.

"So, where is Mi Nyu?" Jeremy asked. He just heard about the breakup, right? So why was he asking that question? He was too dense, indeed!

Shin Woo did not comment. All he knows is that he had moved on and he is doing his best to forget Mi Nyu. Right now, all he convinces himself is that a friend is returning, and no matter how many times they will get together in the same spot, he promised himself not to fall for her again, or even mind her matters anymore. He was too hurt beyond words.

"I am not in the mood to talk," Tae Kyung reiterated.

"OK, fine, whatever," Jeremy nonchalantly said. 

The vocalist watched as the drummer pulled his dog to the doghouse for bedtime. Shin Woo motioned to the maknae that they are going in.

"Take your time," the guitarist said before entering the house.

As the two were out of sight, the vocalist was left alone to cry on the veranda. Out of nowhere, a tall and slim female figure climbed up the stairs to the porch.

"O, Tae Kyung-ah," the female said.

Tae Kyung looked at the female in front of him.

"Good evening, Coordinator Noona," he nonchalantly greeted her.

The stylist pursed her lips and cocked her head sideways. "Something's wrong, is it?"

Tae Kyung did not reply. The stylist sat beside him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Ya, is Mi Nam around? 'Coz he will be fitting the set of clothes I brought for him," she said.

The vocalist looked at the stylist. She could be annoying, but the vocalist respected her a lot, being his noona. "I do not know. I recently came in."

The stylist looked at him again.

"Looks like you have a serious problem," she said. Then leaning close to him in a sly manner, she proposed, "Wanna drink?"

*******

Coordi Wang and Tae Kyung went to a noraebang, singing all their hearts out. Even if he did not tell her his problem, she was willing to give him a good time just to take the pain out of his being. A little temporary remedy first before giving the real one--that is what it is.

Later on, over bulgogi and soju, Tae Kyung told the stylist about his problem. She, being sympathetic at times (at times....), listened to him. She could not believe that Tae Kyung was already proposing marriage when her own boyfriend did not even propose to her yet.

Tae Kyung choked his soju. "You have a...boyfriend?"

She replied casually. "Ne, I just kept it a secret. Even the president did not know."

"How about Manager Ma?" the young man said.

"I rejected him... He is not my type," she told him.

Tae Kyung shed tears over again. "I am not in the mood to talk about love."

"Me too. We had a lover's quarrel...so we're even," she casually replied.

And so, after their eating and drinking spree, they went home, but of course, the stylist was not that drunk. She was the host and made sure that she took care of the idol. But of course, Tae Kyung has an image to maintain, and Coordi Wang knows that. So she discreetly took him back to the dorm.

****

Mi Nam came home after playing pool with some friends. He saw the coordinator putting Tae Kyung on the sofa.

"What's going on, Noona?" he asked.

The coordinator explained. After that, in an almost-drunk manner, she drawled. "Ya, I brought the clothes you asked from me. It's in the van."

Mi Nam smiled. "Yeah, thanks."

He saw the stylist sitting down in the potato couch.

"You're drunk too, Noona?"

The stylist smiled at him like a . "Ani....I am not drunk...Ahahahah...."

Mi Nam frowned. Noona is so crazy. "Ya, just sleep here. And have breakfast here tomorrow."

Coordi Wang nodded and instantly fell asleep. Mi Nam locked all the doors for the night, then went to Mi Nyu's room to check on her. His sister was already asleep, but he did not know why she came home crying. She did not even tell him.

"Sigh, I guess she can tell me in due time."

Afterwards, he went inside his room to retire.