¤[Chapter 7]¤

The Hacker, The Nerd, And Their Story

“Yoona… come here,” Mr.Seo called softly. Yoona turned automaticly and faced Mr.Seo. She bowed politely before approaching him and bowed again.

When Yoona’s with eldery or stranger, her personality usualy turns 90 degree. She’s still the same old Yoona, but more polite, less grinning ad less random outburst.

“Yes?”

“Take a seat, please,” Mr.Seo said it, his hand pointing slightly to a chair infront of him. With a nod in her head, Yoona sat down. “So… how long have you known my daughter?”

Yoona was taken a back by the question, she blinked once to shoo away her ponder before answering, “Uhm…. About 3-4 months? Since this March.”

“How have she been?”

“Good… A little bit awkward at first but is fine.”

“Are you happy?”

“Sure…”

“Is she happy?”

“I-I think so…” Yoona clearly felt confuse due to the sudden question, but she tried her best to hide it. After his last question, Mr.Seo leaned back and gave his warm smile.

“I’m glad than. You know, you’re the first one who came to this house. And you’re also the first one to ask Seohyun for a sleepover. I know she’s really happy with you. Thank you,” Mr.Seo complimented, causing a shy smile to form on Yoona’s lips.

“Aahh… It’s nothing.”

“No. Really, thank you,” Mr.Seo shifted in his seat. He huffed a light sigh before continueing his word, “I’m always overseas or stayed up at the office, even though I know she doesn’t like it for being alone. I felt really bad… That’s why I’m really happy to see you.”

Yoona opened , trying to say something but nothing came to her mind. “Anyway, want to hear Seohyun’s childhood story?” Mr.Seo offered. Definitely an interesting one, so Yoona closed immediately and put up a smile, she nodded her head. Mr.Seo’s smile changed into somehow michivious smile.

He always wanted to do that. Interacting with her daughter’s friend, to know that she’s on a good hand. To know better about the friend. To give a better view of his daughter.

Mr.Seo started with a simple story, like what Seohyun like to do when she’s three years old. What she like to eat. Her quite unique habbit. Everything. Then he started to told the real childhood story. Cuteness mixed with embarrasement that in the story would make you curl your toes and your finger.

But not for Yoona. She’s happy to knew Seohyun’s past story since she never really talk about it. She’s also pityful for the younger one with the fact that she’s tend to be lonely at home. Everytime Mr.Seo told her cute or embarassing stuff, she grinned michiviously in her heart, yep, she got new stuff to tease the younger one.

The two continue talking to eachother while waiting for the youngest to complete her work.

 

 

 

In the room, Seohyun was busy with her closet. She chose very carefuly for each of it piece. She thought for every single of it. Would she like it? Would it be to formal? Would the clothes she choose are ugly? Are their sense of fashion different? Those kind of question kept coming to her mind.

But you hadn’t know the hardest part yet. Yep… her swimwear.

Yeah, she’s famous by her shyness. However, her swimwear were just like other in her age have. 2 pieces. She never used them before and just by the thought of it made her face red once more.

 

No I can’s use this thing… it’s exposing..

.. but it’s the only one I got…

It’s imposible to buy a new one right?

Ahhh! What to do? What to do?????

 

Seohyun shouted frustatedly in her mind. Her eyes landed on the swimwear on the bed. The swimwear it self doesn’t make ‘y’ as it main point, with a leopard pattern and wavy second layer. It’s more pointing to cute style, wich brought glad to Seohyun. Plus, the under piece was more like a short than just , it covers her thighs at least one span.

She decided to bring it anyway with the hope of the other will wear something similar. Heavy-hearted, she threw her swimwear to her lugage. She smiled proudly after she zipped her bag close.

With a swift movement, she already got her bag strap laying acrros her shoulder. Seohyun walked downstair, yet she haven’t spotted Yoona nor her dad. Just after she heard a familiar laughter, she able to knew where were the two.

She jogged lightly towards the direction. “Hey,” she greeted slowly. In her heart, Seohyun was worried. What topic did they talk about? Did her father make Yoona upset? But seeing the smile on Yoona’s face Seohyun convinced herself that it’s a good thing.

“Hey, you’re done?” Yoona said as she stood up automaticly and moved towards Seohyun. Seohyun nodded her head, soon to follow Yoona. “Good then… Let’s go!” Again, Seohyun nodded.

“Make sure you feed her many sweet potatos,” Mr.Seo joked. Soehyun whined at the oldest, while Yoona just chuckling. Yoona moved her hand so she can hold one of Seohyun’s hand. Her other hand showed a thumb up at Mr.Seo, bringing small laughter to the older one.

“Now, we’re leaving! Thank you!” Yoona bowed again before walking ahead. Mr.Seo just simply nod his head and smiled at his daughter, signaling her too follow the older girl.

After the two left, Mr.Seo exhaled a relaxed breath as he sunk deeper to the cushion. However his warm dark orbs still lingered on the two shades. A crease of smile creept to his face slowly. Indeed he’s really happy.

Im Yoona, you’re a great kid. Take care~

 

 

 

“So….. what do you talk about with my dad?” Seohyun spoke up since she can’t hold her curiousity anymore. Yoona stopped on her track and looked up to Seohyun and gave her a slight smile.

“Just… stuff…” Yoona answered rather to suppicious in Seohyun’s eyes.

“Liar! Tell me the right one.” A threatening glare Yoona could felt piercing to her own eyes. Yoona put her arms in 90 degree immediately.

“I’m speaking the truth!” Yoona defended herself. Seohyun’s gaze soften immediately, thinking that her action might be to much. Instead of treathening, why don’t she used asking method?

“What… stuff?”

In a cute mixed with teasing manner, Yoona shrugged her shoulder. “I don’t know… stuff  like…” she gave a little paused between it. “The name Seobaby,” Seohyun whined immediately after those words escape from Yoona’s lips.

Seohyun shuffled incomfortably in her position, she turned back, then turned again. Her feet tapped rapidly on the ground beneath them. She wanted to protesed to her dad. Of course she knew that her dad was the one who blabered her childhood story. But somehow, she don’t know how to expresse it, instead it ended up with Yoona laughing at her.

“What’s the matter seobaby??” Yoona teased playfuly while her forefinger on Seohyun’s cheek. The younger stopped in an instant due to the contact and the new nickname.

“It’s embarrasing,” Seohyun pouted.

“Nope, I think it’s cute,” Yoona disagreed. Seohyun turned her head and raised her eyebrow quizically.

“Really?”

“Uhm…” Yoona nodded. Seohyun’s cheeck turned to a shade of pink afterwards. Noticing it, Yoona’s lips formed a slight michivious smile. “But… It’s not catchy enough for me,” Yoona added, catching a full attention from Seohyun.

Seohyun pursed both of her eyes and her lips. She’s slightly nervous, yet she curious by Yoona’s new nickname for her. So she waited pattienly as the older in a deep thought. Seohyun walked slowly so do Yoona.

After about 5 minutes, Yoona snapped her finger suddenly. Seohyun jolted a bit from her position, she looked at Yoona with her widen eyes. Her hand was covering her heart that also jumped when Yoona snapped her two fingers together.

“How about… Baby Hyun? Yea! That’s sounds better for me,” Yoona exclaimed happily.

 

Baby Hyun’ Seohyun thought  in her head. Another jumped of her heart she can felt in her hand. No one had ever called her that way before, plus it’s Yoona the one who came up with it. And she liked it.

“Whatever…” Seohyun said in a slight mocking tone, but her smile tells the other one. Her smile was so warm and happy. Soon the same kind of smile creept int Yoona’s face, knowing that the younger girl liked the nickname.

Yoona reached for Seohyun’s hand once again while her other hand was holding Seohyun’s laptop. Happily, Seohyun held Yoona’s hand with a light squeze before walking again.

A moment of silence they shared to each other. Just simply enjoying the breeze against their skin and the warmth in each other hand. They decided to walked instead of taking the bus just because they don’t want to spen any of their money. After a good calm walk, they finaly arrived at Yoona’s place.

Silence greeted them right after the sound click of the door. Seohyun was slightly surprised by the enviorment that welcoming them. It’s actually unusual for them to walk in to a quiet situation. Usually, Yuri would be there, al though some times she’s gone for her class too. But… it’s summer…. Did she went on a vacation?

Seohyun turned her head to face Yoona and just stared blankly. But actualy behind her stares, she was only trying to ask where’s Yuri. As if she can read the words that typed on Seohyun’s clear eyes, Yoona spoke up.

“Yuri Unnie is with Jessica Unnie,” Yoona said as she threw her key to the table before started to opened her shoes. Seohyun’s gaze still on the doe eyes, now with her eyebrows slightly lifted. Again… Yoona understood it, “Jessica Unnie is Yuri’s girlfriend.”

Seohyun’s body froze immediately, her hand was still holding on her shoe and the other hand was supporting her against the wall. Her focus shifted from her shoe to Yoona, her expression was clearly that she’s shock yet confused.

An awkward silence invaded the two until Seohyun finished removing her shoe and stood to face Yoona eyes to eyes. All of sudden, Yoona’s voiced out, “Wait… are you against gay relationship?”

Seohyun was taken aback by the question. She quickly shook her head simply because she’s open minded. But… is that it? Or is it because she could be possibly one? Well who knows? Not even Seohyun. Her uality was still a question mark. She never fall in love, she never took intrest with other, she never noticed. Until now. Was it a change? Definitely!

Yoona smiled upod to hear Seohyun’s answer. She’s indeed glad that her best friend’s relationship was not disturbing for her younger best friend. Yoona offered her strenght to carry Seohyun’s bag to her room and place it down whilst Seohyun sat down comfortably on Yoona’s bed, watching every of Yoona’s movement.

Soon enough, Yoona joined Seohyun on the bed. “So………. What are we gonna do Unnie?” Seohyun asked to satisfy her curiousity. But instead answering the question like the expectation, Yoona’s face shows the same curiousity. After pondering for some second, she finaly made her mind.

“Let’s just eat Ice Cream and go to the park. I know a veeeeery good place~” Yoona aegyo-ed at the word ‘very’ making Seohyun to giggle. Seohyun nodded as the sign of an aproval before getting up and walked towards the door.

 

 

“So… how good is it?” Seohyun asked once they’ve arrived at the spot. They were standing outside a small and simple, yet cute designed store. Bright neon red light that show the ice cream pailors name nailed on top of a plain white wall. At the bottom side of the wall, there’s many red dot that painted there, contains some of the information such as the flavour and stuff. By the appereance, sure it’s look nice.

“Totally the best. It’s my and Yuri Unnie’s favourite place to go for an ice cream.” Yoona answered confidently. She took a step forward to open the door for the young one before entering behind Seohyun’s back.

The inner interior of the pailor really match well with it’s outer appereance. Round tables and chairs with the red and white theme. With just a second, Seohyun fell in love with this pailor. She skipped happily to the counter wich displayed tons of colorful ice cream that would made you droll over your shirt. Placing both of her hand on the half rounded glass while her eyes scanned through the ice cream pile, trying to find the ideal taste for her tongue.

Whilst Yoona just gave a happy chuckle before moving beside the younger one. “Already have something in mind or need my suggestion?” Yoona asked. Clearly, Seohyun doesn’t hear it, she was to immeresed with the colorful cream infront of her. “Ey!” Yoona blew to Seohyun’s ear to gain her attention.

“What? What?” Seohyun snapped from her ponder, she turned her head to face Yoona with her widden eyes. Once again, Yoona chuckled at Seohyun’s cute behaviour.

“Nothing… so what flavour do you want to have?” Yoona asked still with a wide aligator smile painted on her face. Seohyun’s gaze became softer and softer before dissappearing due to her child like smile when nodding.

They ordered and got a seat, and never once the smile on Seohyun’s face vanished. It’s actualy an unusual behaviour from Seohyun to act like little child. And Yoona noticed it. She noticed how Seohyun’s smile is not the calm and mature one. She noticed that Seohyun’s step were lighter when she jiggled to their seat. For once, Seohyun looked like she’s the real maknae.

Yoona rested her chin on her fist with the support of her elbow when Seohyun dug her spoon in the white cream. She kept her gaze steady and calm as a smile smeared across her face.

“What?” Seohyun asked once she realized that the pair of doe eyes were staring at them. Quickly, Yoona shook her head as the signal of ‘nothing’. The latter nodded her head without any further question. “Here,” Seohyun happily offered a spoon full of her ice cream to Yoona, which received it gladly.

“Hmm… it’s good!” Yoona said after she got the taste of a sweet yet a glint of sourness on Seohyun’s strawbery cheesecake ice cream. In a speed of light, she snatched another spoon directly from Seohyun’s bowl.

“Yah Unnie!” Seohyun half-shouted whilst trying to get a hold on Yoona’s wrist. But eventualy failed when the spoon enters Yoona’s mouth smoothly. Seohyun pouted playfuly and looked away, trying to looked like she’s upset, but not avail since it’s cute in Yoona’s eyes.

Yoona chuckled again before tasting her own chocolate ice cream. When she looked up, she found the sight of Seohyun eating her ice cream happily again. “You seem so happy. Why?” Don’t get her wrong, is not like she’s not happy when Seohyun is happy, she’s just confused with Seohyun’s child like behaviour just now.

“Uhm… maybe it’s becaue I never got a chance to eat ice cream with my dad or mom or friend when I’m little. So… the childish behaviour comes up itself.” Seohyun reasoned quite randomly. The statement didn’t fail to made Yoona chuckled once again.

“Wow… I feel special,” Yoona said with no intention at all. But yes, she felt special. Almost everything that she did with Seohyun was Seohyun’s first time.

“Yeah… you are,” Seohyun added while taking another spoon. The words definitely wan not expected by the older, you can tell by a light shade of pink appeared on her cheeck. Luckyly, the blush doesn’t last long.

They ate quietly until Yoona could feel that her phone was vibrating. Quickly, Yoona fished her phone out from her pocket and read the new inbox.

“Who is it?” Seohyun asked after she saw a frown on Yoona’s face. Yoona looked up and shook her head immediately with a smile.

“Nothing… just  a customer, I have to finished it this night.”

“Ooo…. Wait. This night?? Isn’t supposed to be worrying?” Seohyun asked with a confused tone.

“Nah… the site is easy. Just a sweat!” Yoona exclaimed proudly. She mimicked Seohyun’s childish smile and finished her ice cream in a swoop.

“So where are we going now?” Seohyun said after the two already done with their ice cream.

“To the park… duh.”

[A/N]:
Hello! Sorry for the late update and the short chapter D: School works are piling up and I got no time to write. So I can't promise for a faster update and I'm sorry fr that D:.Thank you for all of you that subscribe, upvote and comment, big love for all of you! Any way sorry for my gramatical errors and typos, I hope you enjoy the chapter~