We are one

EXO-L

The next morning, all of the members were in the dorms, panicking about the still sleeping spirit. They were all desperate while some still tried to wake her up even though they know she won’t wake up by just a gentle nudge. They even thought of calling a doctor but they knew it wouldn’t have any effect since the doctors won’t be able to see her.

“What do we do Cassiopea?” Shawol asked in panic as they watched the sleeping little girl, the were idols surrounding the bed EXO-L was sleeping on but no one felt the presence of the Fandom spirits.

“We can’t do anything anymore Shawol. Soon, her body would disappear and she will be one with nature again.” Soul sighed. The whole Aeon was devastated at their loss but they knew EXO-L’s case was hopeless. Her fans have been in pain without any breaks and her idols were the same. They were actually surprised that the young spirit was still alive.

“Let’s just let her be with them in her last moments. We all know that’s how she wants to go.” Sone cried and turned to Baekhyun who was staring at nothing. “You won’t live long but you better not break Taeng’s heart.” she told the idol who didn’t budge. If EXO’s fandom spirit dies, the idols wouldn’t live much longer. 10? 30 years? It might be but it won’t be much longer than that since half of their soul was given to EXO-L when she was being born.

“Yah. Yeseul-ah. Wake up already.” Suho said brokenly as he helped Minseok change their daughter’s clothes. “Appa misses you, Yeseul-ah. Pl--please.” he whispered before breaking in tears. The other members listened to their leader’s pleads, silently praying for their little angel’s return.

“! WHY WON’T THEY SHOW UP! !” Kyungsoo was going crazy already as he stayed in the room with the asleep spirit. “She can’t go like this? Where are her brothers and sisters? Aren’t they going to help us? Aren’t they helping their ing BABY SISTER?” Kyungsoo cursed all the spirits for not showing up when they desperately need their help.

 

Too bad they couldn’t see the spirits gathering inside the room with him. Shawol was already hitting him while Sone cried beside the sleeping girl.

“It’s all that bastard’s fault.” Chanyeol cursed under his breath as he sat beside the sleeping girl. Her temperature has started dropping and her pulse was getting weaker and weaker. No one knew how to call the other fandom spirits for help and they didn’t know what to do anymore.

 

“If he didn’t leave like a coward he is, this wouldn’t have happened.” Baekhyun added. “Yeseul was fine when Kris hyung and Luhan hyung left. But on the other hand, that brat. I’ll never forgive him if Yeseul never wakes up.” he said and left the room.

Tao was shopping with his mom when he received a call from Baekhyun. The members never called him since he left the group and thought it was about Yeseul and his hunch was right.

 

“YOU BASTARD HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO YOUR YESEUL?! YOU! ROT IN HELL YOU DIP!” Baekhyun’s voice boomed before Tao heard his cries.

“She won’t wake up Tao, you . What did you do? Go leave. I don’t care. But bring back Yeseul. She’s all we’ve got left.” he heard Baekhyun’s pleading voice and his breath hitched.

 

“What’s wrong Tao?” his mother came back holding a pair of jeans, looking at him worriedly.

“I’m so sorry.” he said before ending the call and blinking his tears away. “Nothing mom. Let’s go home.”

 

Tao felt guilty, hurt, worried and sad. He has been alone since he left the group but the feeling never sunk on him until now. Maybe because Yeseul’s presence was slowly fading away now.

Feeling scared and alone, he went to America with his mother. I’m so sorry Yeseul-ah.

Chen was the one staying with the girl today and he laid with her on the bed. They’re tired from crying and panicking. Tired of getting scared for the little girl, scared that she’ll be taken away from them for good. The other members have left, hope drained in their hearts. Will Yeseul leave them too?

 

Sighing, the idol reached for his phone and called Luhan and Kris, sending them a message about Yeseul’s condition. Hyungs and Tao already left. You’re all we’ve got left Yeseul-ah. Don’t leave appa please.

After reading the message Chen sent them, Luhan and Kris immediately arranged their flights to Korea. The three ex members accidentally met up in the same chartered flight but none of them talked to each other, not to their current situation. They’re going back for Yeseul and that’s their first priority.

“They’re coming back?” Kai asked in disbelief and Suho nodded.

“Jongdae told them about what happened to Yeseul and maybe, having the twelve of us in the same place would help her. We don’t know for sure, Jongin. But we’re desperate.” the leader responded. Then, the door opened and the three came in solemnly.

 

“Where is she?” Luhan asked and the others pointed the biggest room, the ex member quickly went there followed by Kris. Tao was about to follow when Kyungsoo held him back and punched him hard.

Sehun and Kai were quick to hold him back though but the damage was already done. Tao has a bleeding lip, on the floor crying as he apologized.

 

“LET GO! This wouldn’t have ing happened if it wasn’t for this bastard!” Kyungsoo pointed at him accusingly.

“Yeah right! Says the guy who always gives Yeseul cold because of over booked schedules.” Chanyeol glared at Kyungsoo and the older glared back.

 

They started arguing and shouting until Xiumin shouted in fear. “YESEUL!” at the mention of the name, the boys went silent before going to see the child.

“She stopped breathing!” The eldest of the 12 shouted in panic as he shook the girl awake, crying.

No.

The tree of life started shaking and the spirits were alarmed. Shawol’s shouts and cries were heard somewhere in Aeon, knowing that his little sister is now dead for this only happens when a spirit dies.

 

The tree turned into a pregnant woman and wordlessly went to the human world. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/31/29/9a/31299ad5fb7d5e5a31e9377c7cc2b64f.jpg


 

A pregnant woman appeared at the center of the room, startling the twelve. She made her way to the dead child when Luhan and Xiumin blocked her way.

“Who are you and what do you want with Yeseul?” Xiumin asked but the two woman never answered. Instead she lifted her hand and the two suddenly floated clearing them out her way.

The woman held EXO-L close. Her body cold and lifeless but the mother of the spirits knew better. The young spirit wasn’t dead yet. Those boys’ love for the spirit was greater than the hate, confusion and betrayal they were feeling towards each other.

“Please!” the plead made the pregnant woman look at him. It was Kyungsoo, bowing on his knees. “Please help Yeseul.” Kyungsoo started  and soon after the others followed.

“She’s still young. Please don’t take her away.” Kris pleaded crying.

“We’ll do whatever it takes. Please.” Luhan told this time. They would even go back to their hard lives if it means Yeseul would live. They would go back to the band and beg their agency to take them back.

 

“Yeseul-ah!” They cried. The woman only looked at them before carrying the spirit and disappeared with the body.

The current and ex members talked their situation out for the last three days. No one dared to go out of their dorms and the management was confused of the group’s behavior. Fortunately, the CEO let them do what they want for a week, thinking of the possibilities of the ex members to come back.

 

The talk was filled with arguments, empty threats, and convictions. They shouted, they cried but at the end of it all, they remembered Yeseul’s words. She’ll always understand, so why won’t they?

 

The twelve ended their talk with a promise; A promise that they would try to understand everyone and that they should treat the fans more gratefully since they’re the only remembrance they have of Yeseul. They also promised to be patient and wait eagerly for the time to make them understand what happened to their group and their ‘we are one’ as they chose their own paths; With the 9 members staying and the other 3 went back to China.

 

The boys weren’t sure if Yeseul’s dead or not, but still did their best and loved their fans more than ever, each of them reminding the idols of the fandom spirit them and their group gave life to.



 

Twenty days have passed since Yeseul’s disappearance with the strange woman. They missed the little girl’s tantrums, giggles and laughter, even her bratty attitude. Her voice that filled their surroundings was gone and they somehow felt empty.

 

“Are you guys ready?” Choreographer asked and the boys nodded. It’s their first concert as nine but they’ve felt stronger than ever. The countdown started and the boys ran to the stage giving it all they’ve got once the music started.

 

They chatted with their fans, made them laugh and awed, not wasting any of the precious time together. The members did their best and danced and sung like it’s their last. Then, when the third last song was played, all the EXO members were on the stage, watching the sea of stars cheering for them.

It made their heart swell and swore they would always cherish and never forget this sight. Their song ‘Promise’ played and they all sung their hearts out. And when the song ended, the members heard a familiar laughter as the fans started putting up banners with the words ‘Always with you’.

It hit them with full force, EXO-L is alive through them and their fans and she’s happy. They cried. Hard. Their Yeseul continues to exists along with their fans.