EXO-L

EXO-L

“When is she going to be born?” Shawol asked Cassiopeia as they both watch the tree of life glow. Soon, it’ll crack in the middle and reveal a new born fandom spirit. A lot of spirits knew about the news as the biggest trees of life almost never conceive. That’s why the whole Aeon was very excited when they saw SM glowing one morning.

There are three big tree of life in Aeon: SM, JYP and YG. Those who are born in these trees have big fandoms in their care. That’s why they are treated like royalties in Aeon. And since one of these trees is glowing, it only meant one thing, another fandom and idols will shake the world and triumph.

 

“Soon Shawol. Be patient sweetie.” Cassiopeia replied patting the younger spirit’s head but Shawol stepped back with a frown. “I’m not a kid anymore, Cassiopeia.” He sulked. “Stop treating me like that.” He said and the older just chuckled. “Keep an eye on our new brother, Shawol. I’ll be right back. I need to check on Plus. She just finished another portrait.” She said.

“Hn.” Shawol lied on the grassy ground and put his firearms under his head using them as a pillow. “Don’t tell her where I am.” He told.

 

Plus, another sister of his, can be demanding sometimes and he’s tired at the moment. He feelt stressed out because some press in China booed his idols and that hurt him and the fans a lot. Not to mention how the idols must’ve felt. Shawol watched Taemin and the other members smile at the camera when they were leaving but he knew they weren’t happy about anything at all. Shawol didn’t know if the stupid reporters were booing his idols or the organization but booing someone is never a right thing to do. He thought. That’s just bull crap. Everybody makes mistakes and it wasn’t theirs to begin with.

 

Cassiopeia just smiled at the younger’s words and left. She’ll just make sure Plus gets the attention she needs so Shawol doesn’t need to do anything. She knew what happened and knowing, Shawol, he wouldn’t like to talk about it until he opens it up himself.

 

“Stupid reporters.” Shawol mumbled as he closed his eyes, too tired to keep himself awake.


 

“EEEEEEEOOOOOOO! EEEEEEEEOOOOO!” Shawol frowned when he heard someone shouting. Maybe it’s just Plus. He thought and turned away from the noise until…

“FIRE!” he heard and bolted up scanning his surroundings for the said fire but there was nothing but clear skies. Then, he heard a laugh. “What the hell?!” he was about to scold when he turned to see a galaxy haired girl running around with a twig on her hand.

“He’s awake! He’s awake! He’s AWAKE!” she cheers as she ran around and Shawol watched her, confused. But then gasped and turned to look at the tree and as expected! It lost its glow meaning the spirit was born. And from the looks of it, she’s the one running around and was about to jump at the cliff—what?!

 

“HEY THERE’S—STOP!” Shawol was too shock to say anything as he ran after the spirit who was three steps away from the cliff. He felt his heart drop when the new born spirit stepped on air and fell off the cliff in less than a second.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!” he screamed and went to the edge of the cliff looking for the obviously dead or still falling spirit. Not all spirits have wings and they can’t float around when they’re in Aeon. They can only do that on earth. He obviously didn’t see the new born with wings so looking down will be his first step in looking for the spirit. But to his surprise, he saw nothing but the rocky river. That river is not deep at all so if she fell, she won’t be drawn away by the current.

“! Where is she?” he panicked every second passes not seeing the new born spirit down the river.

 

“What are you looking for?” a voice asked.

“I’m looking for my dead sister. Oh god! She was just born.” Shawol responded, still looking desperately.

The blue haired girl floated on Shawol’s right side, trying to help the spirit look for his sister. “Why did she die?” she asked again and Shawol frowned.

“Isn’t it obvious?!” he turned at the voice to snap at whoever it is. “She fell—“ he gasped when he saw his supposed to be dead new born sister floating beside him and still looking down looking for someone ‘dead’.

“She’s not there!” She whined and turned to see him looking at her with wide eyes and thinking that what the person they are looking for was behind her, she looked behind only to find no one. “She’s not here—“ the new born was about to whine again when she was pulled into a hug.

 

“god don’t scare me like that.” Shawol mumbled before sighing, relieved. He really thought his baby sister died and it scared the hell out of him.

 

The whole spirit world was happy and excited because of the new royalty but Shawol’s the most excited one. He was not pretty vocal about it but Elf, Soul and Cassiopeia knew the younger spirit came everyday to see the tree of life and waiting for his new sibling to come out. Sure, he already has Plus, but Shawol thinks Plus is a big spirit now and can fend for herself. He missed taking care of a spirit and the fact that she almost died the moment she was born because he fell asleep will hunt him forever. But wait—.

Why isn’t she dead again?

 

Shawol released the girl from his hold and the new born smiled at him before floating away happily with the twig that has a big leaf on its end. She was blabbering and laughing as she watched the leaf move with the air as she swung the stick over and over again. Shawol find her cute. But--

 

WHY IS SHE FLOATING?! He gasped and looked up to see her running in the wind with her toy.

“What are you?” he frowned when he got ignored by the playing spirit. “And why are you floating?” he asked again. Spirits can float only in the human world. Only those spirits that have wings can fly in Aeon and there are only a few like Cassiopeia, Elvis and Inspirit.

 

“So she's finally up, huh?” Shawol turned around to see Elf, Soul and Sone watching the new born spirit fly. The new born, uncomfortable of the unfamiliar faces, flew behind Shawol to hide. The elders laughed at the new born and Shawol sighed before facing the new spirit.

"Don't worry. They are our brothers. The one with the blonde hair is Soul hyung. The ahjumma with the blue hair—“

''HEY!" Elf glared at the younger.

"That's Elf noona." Shawol ignored the nagging spirit and carried on with his introductions. "And the one with the pink hair is Sone noona." he told not aware that the new born wasn't really listening because she was busy starring at the three. She admired their matured and grown up look. 

"They are Spirits like us." Shawol explained. The three then walked closer to them causing for the new born to hide again on Shawol's back.

"What's your name little one?" Soul asked looking down at the new born spirit who only looked up at him with her big blue eyes. It looks like the clear blue sky and Soul swore he saw clouds reflecting on it too.

The new spirit didn't answer and Soul's eyebrows twitch causing the new born to flinch followed by sniffles and soon... she was crying loudly.

 

"Look what you've done oppa!" Sone pouted and went to coo the new born with a hug. The galaxy haired spirit was busy crying, she didn't have the time to push the older spirit away. "Hush pretty girl. Unnie's here." she said caressing the spirit's locks. Sone was amazed that time because—wow! The spirit’s hair is literally sparkling like it has stars on it. "Don't mind that meanie oppa. He's not going to hurt you." Sone assured gently and soon joined by Elf. 

 

"Please stop crying. Oppa didn't mean to scare you. He's just born like that." Elf said with a teasing chuckle towards the oldest of them. "We like you. We're your siblings after all." she added and the young spirit looked up at her with teary eyes.

"Really?" she asked with a hopeful look on her face. The elders though were confused. "You like me?" she asked and that was the cue for the spirits to give an assuring smile and nods.

"Of course." Sone cooed. "You're so pretty." she squealed and hugged the new spirit who squirmed free from the 'deadly grasps' according to the younger spirit.

 

"Aww. She can float." Sone, like an excited sister she is, watched their youngest float. "I'm sure she'll lead one hell of a fandom with the most beautiful or handsome idols." she exclaimed and the others agreed.

"So what's your name little one?" Sone asked and everyone turned at the floating spirit. Shawol saw the uncertainty of the new spirit and help her. "Yeah. What's your name?" he asked and the younger float her way to him. 

"Exo-L." she mumbled before flying up higher just in case Sone 'attacks' her again. Then, she looked down on the clouds. "I can hear them calling me that too." she beamed excitedly.

 

Fandom spirits name themselves depending on what name certain voices they hear calls them when they are born. Those voice are the voices of the idols and fans come together in the future, meaning that the official fandom name on earth will be called like that.

 

"So Exo-L, huh?" Elf chimed. "It's perfect." she beamed. "It really match you." she chuckled looking at the girl's sparkling hair. "I can see why they call you that. You’re like from another planet."

“Maybe she’ll debut in Japan too. Just like us.” Soul said and the spirits agreed.

"So can you come down with us, Exo-L honey? We want to introduce you to everyone." Sone reached her hand for the youngest. "They are waiting for you since the tree started glowing." she said and Exo-L gave Shawol a doubting look and when the elder gave her a nod, she settled down to the ground but walked beside Shawol.

Everyone chuckled on how the new born clings with Shawol. And Shawol the shy spirit he is, ignored the teasing looks they were giving him and led them all to the plaza where the spirits hangs out.


 

"Guys!" It was Elf who called every one's attention and they all turned towards her voice only to see an unfamiliar spirit. "The new spirit is finally born!" she smiled. "Please welcome SM's newest family member, Exo-L!" she announced and everyone broke into loud cheers.

Exo-L, though, was uncomfortable about the loud cheering and frowned, covering her ears.

 

"Noisy!" she whined and everyone laughed at her. Maybe, this new born spirit will make new history, not only in the human world but in the spirit world as well.

Two years later…

 

Twelve handsome young idols went rushing in to their van panting. It took them almost two hours just to get out of the airport because of the sea of fans that went to see them. The 100+ security guards weren’t enough to control the situation but luckily, the boys all managed to go through.

 

As expected, the boy band named EXO did become successful and are getting more and more famous internationally. The fandom spirits are all proud of the new born spirit who led her idols into success, breaking records, receiving daesangs and getting more and more accomplishments. Now, EXO is on the top of their popularity and is now preparing for their big dream. A dream the 12 shared since their pre-debut days: A solo concert only for the twelve of them.

 

“Hyung, can you pass me some band aids, please?” Luhan asked Suho who was still counting the members.

“—nine, ten, eleven—“ Suho counted and turned at Luhan. “Wait a sec. hyung.” He said and turned around to resume counting only to frown. “I lost count!” the leader sighed and the manager laughed.

“Every one's here, Joonmyeon.” Noh manager said. “Kyungsoo took off with another car because of filming.” He explained and the leader finally sat still only to reach his bag to search for the band aids Luhan was asking earlier.

“Anyone else needs bad aids?” the leader asked.

“Pass me the alcohol hyung.” Tao shouted from the back of the van. “Yixing hyung got bitten.” The EXO-M’s maknae said and everyone turned to the said member who just smiled at them.

“It’s nothing.” Lay said, nursing his slightly bleeding forearm. “The guards pushed a fan and she was wearing a sharp accessory and it scratched me.” He explained. “I’m not bitten.” He defended but Tao wouldn’t have it.

“Yeah right.” Tao rolled his eyes at the older. “I can see the teeth marks hyung. So stop defending them. You have a high risk of bleeding a lot because of your hemophilia. Don’t take this too lightly.” He huffed and reached for the alcohol Suho handed him.

“They’re really getting worse lately.” Luhan sighed as he put a band aid on Sehun’s wound. Some fans might’ve scratched him accidentally too.

 

“Jongin. How’s your waist?” Chanyeol asked the main dancer who was curled on his seat with his eyes closed. Jongin gets fever easily and the pain on his waist wasn’t helping at all. Then, there’s the intense practice and the hectic overseas trips.

The young idol could only respond “Mmm.” He was too exhausted.

 

“Chanyeol. We’ll drop you off to your roommate house. Then Chen, Sehun, Suho and Lay will go in a radio recording.” The manager said and the boys silently rested on their seats, hearing Lay’s silent gasps as Tao and Minseok treated his wound.

 

“This is so tiring.” Baekhyun whined and took out his phone again. He’s been so busy with his phone lately but the members and managers knew why. It might be risque for idols like them who debuted for only two years to date but he won’t let the opportunity past. He liked Taeyeon for as long as he knew it and now that he has her number, he’ll try to court her.

At least there’s noona. He smiled as he received a reply from his dream girl. The fans have been so annoying lately that he found it hard to even fake his smile anymore. Those girls who screams on his face with ‘oppa’ and ‘daebakk’ was making him tired and he was sure that the other members were feeling the same way.

 

“Baekhyun. You have musical practice after dinner.” The manager added and Baekhyun sighed in reply. So tiring.

 

“I swear, next time we go to the airport, I’ll let the guards hit them.” Sehun was still frowning. He hated how they all end up when they get close to what they so call fans. Even if some didn’t mean it, they still hurt the members in some way. At the end of the day, at least one member has a scratch on him because of their what-they-so-call love and Sehun doesn’t like that. He’s worried about his brothers’ safety especially to Jongin and Lay who has been the target of the fans lately. Luhan has been hurt a lot too.

“Yeah. Next time, let’s just all pass by fast and quietly.” Chen agreed and the van was again silent.

 

The boys love their fans. There’s no doubt about it. But when some of them started stalking them, putting cameras in the gifts, sending them blood letters and doing irrational things that not only has caused inconvenience to them but to others as well, it made them think if this is what they really wanted. Sure, they want to be famous but they never thought all those senior idols’ stories they watched on TV about sasaeng fans are this horrifying and true. It was then when the boys thought that the saying ‘You won’t know what it really feels until you live it’ is really true. And to be honest, they didn’t like it. Not one bit.

 

Exo-L pouted for the nth time that day. She was so stressed out at the airport and didn’t know what to do to help her idols to get out of the sea of fans earlier. She managed to let Minseok, Jongdae, Suho and Kris out without them getting hurt but she couldn’t protect Lay from the crazy fan. In the end, the spirit had to push the fans using he security guards to let the boys pass.

 

We’re sorry Lay appa. Exo-L caressed the idol’s forearm and made a mental note to heal it later when he falls asleep. We tried to stop them but the kids just won’t listen. She explained. She has been scolding the fans through their SNS, parents and even fellow fans but some just won’t listen.

She then turned to Sehun who was listening to his music. Sehunnie, please don’t get mad. They’re just kids and don’t know any better. We’ll protect you well next time. We promise. She said and patted the idol’s head. Sehun quickly fell asleep and let his body relax by her touch.

We’ll do better next time. Exo-L said, full in determination as she patted the boys to sleep and easing the pain caused by the wounds as well.


 

“I’m off now. See you guys tomorrow.” Chanyeol went out of the van and went straight to the roommate house. He didn’t even wait for s’ response because they were all asleep and he didn’t want to disturb them.

Bye bye! ~ We’ll come and visit you later! At least there was Exo-L who waved him goodbye even though he couldn’t see her. She would always wave to them goodbye and wish them luck whenever she can’t go with them because she had to go with the majority.

After dropping Chanyeol off, the manager drove the remaining members back to their dorms.

 

“What do you want for dinner boys?” the manager asked and the boys went for chicken again and jajangmyeon that made the spirit cringe.

Chiken and jajangmyeon again?! She nagged in disbelief. You guys have been eating that for two days straight now. Eat a little bit healthier. She scolded Kai who was happily listening to their manager make the order.

We guess it’s up to us to make the food have more vitamins, huh? She couldn’t help but smile when she saw Kai smile thinking of eating his favorite again. Well, as long as you’re happy…we think. The spirit shrugged and went to Kris’ room. He’s been really quiet for the past few days and it worried her. She knew about his occasional chest pains and tried to persuade him to go to the doctors using Suho but the EXO-m leader was just too stubborn.

 

Kris? She walked pass the door and saw Kris talking to the phone. Are you okay? She asked as she watched Kris end the call and toss his phone on his bed. He sat on his bed with his head hung low and Exo-L sat beside him. What’s wrong, Kris?

“I’m sorry.” He covered his face with his palms. Please tell us. Exo-L was really worried about him.

 

Kris is a very funny and cool person. But he is not good at expressing his feelings. Even Exo-L, their fandom spirit, has difficulties in guessing Kris’ thoughts. But the members and Exo-Ls knew Kris cherishes EXO and the fans a lot. And knowing that was enough for them.

 

Exo-L went behind the idol and wrapped her arms around him. It’s okay. Everything will be okay. I promise. I’ll be here for you forever. She whispered before urging the idol to shower so he can relax more before dinner.

Spirits does those things by putting a thought inside their idol’s mind. They can put thoughts in their mind but they can never read what they are thinking. A lot of spirits can tell what idols are thinking though but not because they can read their minds but because the spirits know them better. Spirits even know their idols’ mannerism and habits only the idols themselves know.

 

When the food arrived, the boys all ate. Then, some went to their schedules while some went to their agency to practice for their future stages. Exo-L had to knock Kai and Lay out because the two insisted on practicing when they aren’t in the right condition. Lay still has his injury while Kai still has a slight fever and there’s no way Exo-L will let them go. Not without a fight. And just like what Exo-L always say: under my dead spirit.

 

After making sure Kai’s fever is gone and Lay’s wound is slightly healed, Exo-L went to Kyungsoo and made sure that the boy eats his dinner. She had to put some laxatives in the PD’s drink because the masochist wanted to shoot for 12 hours straight when the poor idol just arrived from his overseas schedules.

No one could blame the director though because the fans gathering in the filming site are just too much to handle. The filming site is far from the main road but with the large group of fans lurking around the neighborhood, the main road was also affected and causing a pretty bad traffic.

But of course, for a fandom spirit, the idol’s health always comes first.

 

“How’s the PD?” Kyungsoo asked when the manager entered the van. He was asked to stay in the car just in case some sasaeng tried something.

“He still hasn’t come out of the bathroom.” The manager laughed and Kyungsoo laughed along. Now, Exo-L’s regrets and guilt for upsetting the PD’s stomach are all gone. Kyungsoo’s smile brushed them all away.

We’re glad you’re happy, Kyungie. The spirit beamed and frowned at the unfinished food beside the idol. But you have to finish your food before reading your script. She said and Kyungsoo took another spoonful of rice before continuing with his script.

Spirits cannot be seen by humans but they can communicate with them by giving them thoughts. Just like now, Exo-L gave Kyungsoo a reminder that his food wasn’t finished yet.

 

“Aigoo.” The idol sighed and closed his eyes. “We’re in a rush of filming because of our fans getting wild at the filming site. It’s not only us who they are bothering but other people too. PD-nim must’ve been stressed out that’s why he’s having an upset stomach.” He told looking at the fans ogling at the van he was in.

It’s not like that. Exo-L felt hurt that her idol thought of the fans like that. They just want to support and see you. That’s why they are here. And some of them didn’t mean to cause traffic. It’s just that there are a lot of them and there’s no space. She caressed Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Please don’t think like that. We love you.

Kyungsoo let out a small scowl before opening the door. “So annoying.” He mumbled before going out, smiling at the crowd that he’s starting to hate.

The spirit, astounded at the idol’s words remained frozen in the van. Kyungsoo.

 

Exo-L was beyond sad because she’s aware of her idols’ feelings. They were starting to dislike their fans but love the fame and it was nothing but bad. She can’t help but to blame herself for it because  not only she failed on guiding EXO’s fan kingdom but also, she let her idols’ heart bear negative feelings towards those who love them.

With a heavy heart, the spirit checked on Kyungsoo one last time before going to check to the other members and finally went home to Aeon, thinking that maybe, tomorrow; her idols won’t hate her anymore.


Good night, my stars. Exo-L smiled sadly as she looked at her idols down from Aeon.