Yeseul

EXO-L

Tomorrow came and the hectic day begun for the idols and Exo-L. The group will have to attend fan signing events for the whole day.

 

Isn’t this great? Exo-L asked excitedly jumping and floating around the boys who were beside the stage waiting to go up. It always makes us happy whenever you talk to us. She cheered. Fans and fandom spirits are one so if fans talk to the idols, it’s like the spirits are talking with them as well.

 

“Geez. This is the first fan sign and I’m already feeling sick.” Tao said. Exo-L flew beside him with worried eyes. Are you hurt somewhere? What’s wrong? The spirit asked but of course got no response.

“Look at them shouting like a retarded seal.” Sehun whispered and gave the fans calling his name a blank look. “They don’t even feel threatened or bad when I give them straight a face.” He sneered.

But that’s because you’re always wearing that face. Exo-L defended. If you tell us you’re upset, we wouldn’t think that way. She explained. Please understand. We don’t know any better.

“I just want to get this over with.” Kris sighed and nudged Suho. “When are we going up? I think these crazy girls will break the barricade sooner or later.” He pointed at the girls near them who started squealing.

Suho smiled at the fans falsely. “I think we can go up now.” He said and turned to the other members. “Let’s finish this and go home guys.” He said and the members followed their leaders upstage.

Even you? Exo-L watched the boys go up with their fake smiles and the spirit felt her chest tightening every second. We’re sorry. We can’t understand your hearts and treat you better. She looked down on the ground, not wanting to see those fake smiles because it hurt her more.

We’re sorry was the last words the spirit muttered before everything turned to black.

“How is she?” Shawol rushed beside the flower bed where Exo-L was resting. Cassiopeia shook her head with worried eyes. “She’s getting weaker and weaker.” She responded and Shawol could only glare at them all.

“What should we do?” Sone asked blinking her tears away. “If this goes on, her body will suffer great pain and marks.”

“I don’t know.” Soul looked at the weaken spirit on the bed. “The only thing we can do is pray for her. She is suffering because of the negative feelings her idols have towards her.” he said.

“But why?!” Shawol shouted. “She doesn’t deserve this! She loves them all so much and she has been doing her best.” His eyes were starting to water. “She’s too young to be handling this huge fandom and 12 idols. Yes! She may have fought with lots of spirits before but that’s because she wants to protect her idols. She may not be careful with her words sometimes but she’s young. Why can’t they understand that everyone make mistakes?!” Elf pulled the young spirit for a hug. “She’s just a child and everyone expects her to guide a big fandom and be all perfect and mighty. She’s not even three!”

“Shhh.” Elf hushed the crying spirit. “We understand Shawol.” She calmed the spirit down.

“What about her idols?” Plus, who was starring at Exo-L, asked. “What will happen to them if Exo-L disappears?”

 

Everyone looked at Cassiopeia and Soul, waiting for an answer.

 

“If that happens, EXO and their fandom will break apart.” It was Soul who answered. “And they will never be able to shine anymore.” He added.

“They won’t live for long too.” Cassiopeia told as she held Exo-L’s nearly transparent hand.

“No.” Plus cried. “Please get well.”


 

“So, she really is sick, huh?” a voice was heard and everyone turned to see VIP and Wonderful looking at the young fandom spirit worriedly.

“What are you doing here?” Elf asked. “You should be guarding JYP and you should be with your idols in the world tour.” She lightly scolded and the two just sighed. JYP started glowing a while ago, telling them another spirit will be born soon.

“We heard what happened to Exo-L. That’s why we’re here.” VIP replied and walked closely to take a look at the spirit. “She doesn’t have much time from what I see.”

“Poor girl.” Wonderful sighed. “She might be a brat and crazy sometimes but every spirit has that side of them. She just have too much of crazy fans to handle and that also form part of her.”

“Are you guys sure this is the only way for her to get better?” Shawol asked as they looked at the sleeping fandom spirit.

“She’s too weak to live as a spirit. Making her human is the last chance she’s got.” Hottest said before ruffling Shawol’s pearl aqua green hair. Yes, their hairs reflects their fandom color making Exo-L special because her hair wasn’t silver or any type of gray. Her hair is a mixed of different colors like the galaxy and the white pearls scattered in her unkept but smooth hair that made it look like she has stars shinning on her hair. But now, the shining stars on her hair were gone and her hair had gone silver. Maybe it was because of his human form.

 

“Make sure you guys watch over her. She can still see us depending on her condition. And I’m sure she’ll look for her idols as soon as she wakes up. Let’s just hope they get home before she wakes up.” Cassiopeia told as they watched the spirit-turned-human sleep in the dorm of her idols.

 

Exo-L was too weak to remain in her original form and the leader of each spirits decided to send the new born spirit to the human world to recover. Maybe, if her idols can see her, she can be their bridge to understanding. They have to be. Or the Exo-L fandom wouldn’t last.


 

The EXO-M members reached their dorms and immediately went to their rooms, failing to notice the little girl sleeping on their sofa. They have been preparing for their first concert ever day and night and this is the first time they ever get to sleep on their beds. Everyone turned in for that night, leaving the little girl sleep in peace unnoticed.


 

Chen was never one of the early birds in the group but he was one of the earliest member to wake up because of the sound of a little girl crying. Groaning, he turned to see Lay still asleep and sat up before letting out a whine. “Ahhh. Who brought a child early in the morning?” he asked no one in particular as he stood up and went to the source of the cries.

There, he saw Xiumin holding a girl, trying to calm her down while their manager talked to the phone in panic, telling someone about a kid lost in their dorms.

“What’s going on?” Chen asked as he made his way to his hyung. He sat on the farthest seat and looked at the crying little girl.

 

She’s a beautiful cute girl, long gray hair and doll like features. She doesn’t look Korean too. She’s like a mixed of many. Her eyes were red from crying but Chen never failed to see her clear blue eyes.

“She was already here when we woke up.” Xiumin replied, trying to pat the little girl’s back for comfort. She was sniffling and refused to leg go of Xiumin’s shirt as she cried. “Dan hyung was surprised and asked her how she got in and she started crying. She got scared, I guess.” he added and wiped the girl’s tears.

 

“Hey, don’t cry. We won’t hurt you.” Xiumin cooed and the child only whimpered and leaned closer to his chest. From their observations, she can’t be anymore than 5 years old but she can understand Korean despite of her appearance.

 

“Hey guys, I’ll go buy some food. The security’s coming to take her in the afternoon so we have to take care of her ‘til then.” The manager said to them before giving the child a glace. Exo-L upon meeting eyes with the manager, started crying again but this time louder. She remembered that man. He’s the one who takes care of her idols but he has hurt lots of fans too. She can still feel that harsh hit he gave to several fans.

 

Xiumin panicked and carried the girl to stop he from crying but she didn’t stop so Chen tried to help. Both tried to comfort the child and only succeeded when they gave her a lollipop a fan has given them. Now, the two EXO members were sitting on the couch, watching the child eat the lollipop happily.

 

Everyone reacted the same way when they saw the child. They were firstly surprised and then afterwards, they’d be cooing on how cute and pretty the little girl is. During their breakfast, they all decided to call the K members up to their dorm to show them the little girl who mysteriously showed up in their dorm that morning.

Chanyeol and Sehun were smitten by the kid and soon everyone was her slave. She played well with them and strangely, remembers all their names. Strangely she would call them with their names too but along with it is the word appa. She started calling them father and tried to correct her but when the girl insisted otherwise, they had no choice but to go with the flow.

 

She didn’t know what happened. The last time she recalled she was sick and was about to disappear and the next time she woke up, she was in her idols’ dorm. The group’s manager saw her and that frightened her to no end because that was her first time talking to a human who, to her surprise, can see her too. Then she got scared because she wasn’t accustomed to see people from down her real height because she was always floating. She tried to float but it didn’t work and her hair has lost its original colors too. After that, the manager attacked her with his questions along with his ugly, in Exo-L’s opinion, voice and from there, she started to cry. She was confused, startled and lost. She just wanted her dads beside her and her brothers and sisters.

Then, Xiumin woke up and saw her and the rest was history.


 

“What’s your name pretty girl?” Baekhyun asked filled with aegyo. He’s a child himself so the members thought he’d get the little girl to respond to him than with the other members.

The child returned the smile and looked up at Baekhyun. “Exo-L.” she replied and the boys all turned quiet. Did the kid just say her name is their fandom name? The same fandom they love and hate?

 

Exo-L felt uneasy with the sudden silence and squirmed on her seat. Then she saw the look on their faces. They still hate her. “Appa.” she called as her lips quivered. “Do you hate me?” she asked and the boys’ hearts broke at the question. Who can hate a cute little girl like her?

“No, honey. Appa doesn’t hate you at all.” Baekhyun was quick to assure her. “We were just surprised by your name. What was it again?” he asked her indirectly to repeat her name and the kid did so.

“Exo-L.” she said and another silence came.

 

“Ahhh… Ye-se-ul.” Sehun nodded to himself, thinking that the girl still couldn’t pronounce her name. The members, getting Sehun’s logic all chorused an understanding ‘ahhh!’ and cooed at the young little lady.

“Nice to meet you Yeseul-ah. We’ll take care of you until your parents pick you up, ne?” said Suho and Exo-L just blinked at them. They mispronounced her name but maybe, they just couldn’t pronounce it well so she shrugged it off and nodded at Suho who gave her another cookie. “Ne!! ~ ”

 

“How old are you, Yeseu-ah?” Kai asked with a smile that made Exo-L beam. Kai hasn’t been smiling lately because he’s always sleepy and tired so that cheered her up real quick.

The kid, excited, enthusiastically showed him her two fingers, making a peace sign. “We’re two!”

Wow this kid is strange. The idols thought. She can be four to 5 years old but not younger than that. But knowing that the girl in front of them was just a kid and didn’t know better, they decided to not take her answers seriously except for her name that is.

 

Their managers were still out so the boys took the liberty of touring the little princess in both dorms. She has been in that dorm but it felt different because she has always seen it floating. Seeing things on her real height was completely different. “Whoa!” she cooed and the members who were with her: Suho, Chen, Chanyeol, Sehun and Kai smiled at the girl’s amazement.

“And this is our storage room.” Suho opened the door and they let the kid go in first before they followed, watching her reaction. “This is where we keep the gifts we receive from our fans.” the leader explained but the kid has long forgotten about them and started playing with the plushies stored inside.

“This too?” she asked holding a pile of colored envelopes; fan letters.

 

“Ah...this is mine.” Sehun said taking it from the girl. He wasn’t planning on reading those but he never want them ruined by the innocent child’s play. “These are fan letters. They put message in a paper and put it inside. Then, we read them.” he explained and Exo-L nodded in understanding.

“Can you read them to us?” she asked, looking up at Sehun with her big round blue eyes.

“I wasn’t going to read them.” Sehun just couldn’t lie to her. “I was mad at our fans because they’ve been doing bad things recently so I don’t think they deserve it.” he shrugged and Exo-L felt her stomach hurt. Sehun is still mad at her.

“We’re sorry.” she lowered her gaze to the floor. “We did many bad things but we are trying to stop. We’re not super bad. And we love you.” the idols couldn’t comprehend the kid’s words but one thing’s for sure: she was upset by Sehun’s words and they didn’t know why.

 

Sehun pondered on the little girl’s words. Yes. There are fans who really get on his nerves but not all of them are like that. Some have the decency to stay far from them and even help the security to stop their fellow fans so they can pass. They’re very sweet too, never forgetting their birthdays and doing events for them often. So maybe, Yeseul was right. Their fandom’s not really that bad. They’re just young and too free spirited and their love towards them are more passionate too. Some are overly passionate but still, that counts as love; the thing he and s worked hard to achieve. So why was he complaining?

Feeling sorry for upsetting the girl, Sehun lifted her up and ruffled her hair. “I’m sorry. I’m not mad at them. I guess I was just seeing the bad side and forgot those who have been working hard to make us happy.” He’s not sure if the kid would understand but his hyungs did. “I’m sure they meant no harm and I’m going to read their letters. Cheer up, okay? You’re making appa sad too with that pout. Aigoo.” Sehun cooed, giving his new title a go. He pinched her cheek lightly with his free hand as he carried Yeseul with his other arm. The young little lady looked at Sehun’s smiling eyes before mirroring the smile and giggled.

Sehun still loves us! The thought made Exo-L stronger and she felt herself lighter. Maybe she can fly now since she’s feeling much better. She thought but it was put to vain when Sehun put her down.

Seeing the pout of her face, Chanyeol picked her up and gave her a smile. “There! Now you’re higher.” he beamed and the little girl giggled before hugging the giant elf as they made their way back to the living room where the rest stayed.

 

Afternoon came and everyone was gathered in the living room to say their farewells to the little girl who stole their hearts in just one morning.

“Don’t go off wandering by yourself again, ne? Be a good girl and listen to you parents.” She was sitting on Kris’ lap as Baekhyun held her hand. Suho was the one talking, sitting at Kris other side.

“Don’t just eat sweets. Eat vegetables too. They’ll make you grow and more beautiful.” Kyungsoo said with a tired but fond smile. They were waiting for their manager who was going up with the elevator.

“Study hard too, ne? We’ll call your parents to make sure you’re doing everything we say.” Chen threatened playfully.

 

“Then after high school, you can marry appa.” Sehun grinned and everyone laughed, even Exo-L. She wasn’t sure about marrying Sehun but she’s sure she’ll be with them forever.

 

Then, the sound of the door opening was heard and their manager’s voice followed. “Kids!” he shouted and Exo-L flinched upon hearing it.

“Don’t be scared. I’ll fight him if he bullies you.” Tao assured and the girl grimaced at the manager when he appeared in front of them.

“He’s always shouting.” she pouted making the boys giggle at her cuteness.

 

“Hey guys! I went to the police to report her case because we failed to find her parents.” he sighed before scanning the whole room. The twelve idols were there, but…”Where’s the kid?”

 

The idols was confused at the question and looked at Yeseul who was still sitting on Kris’ lap. Baekhyun even squeezed her hand to comfort the little kid.

“Uhm...I asked a question.” he said and the boys looked at Yeseul again and then back to their manager.

“Hyung. She’s right there.” Kai said in disbelief. How can their manager joke at this time?! Yeseul’s parents must be very worried about her now.

“Hyung it’s not the time for jokes.” Suho stood up. “So where are you going to take her?” he asked and the manager went silent. Thinking they were playing a trick on him because they were worried about the kid’s safety, he answered the question, letting the jokes slide.

“She’s going to stay at the police station until her parents come and get her.”

“But you just said you couldn’t find her parents.” Luhan was confused.

“Yeah. That’s why she’s staying there until they find them.” the manager said coldly and the boys gawked at him.

“Hyung! Are you really going to put the little girl in a police station where criminals go to? Alone?” Lay asked and the manager didn’t answer. The boys were just speechless.

 

The manager just sighed and looked at the boys with an annoyed face. “We have schedules after this brats. Just hand the kid over and we’ll be on our merry way. Damn it!” he shouted making the little girl on Kris’ lap jump in fright followed by her cries.

The boys watched Yeseul cry and Kris and the others comforted her while the rest watched with sorry eyes. The manager though was confused on why Kris looked like he was hugging someone while the others looked at him. What the actual--

 

“Hyung will you stop yelling! Yeseul’s right over here. You’re the one playing around here. Look what you’ve done. You scared her.” Tao scolded pointing at Kris’ direction and the manager massaged his head before turning back.

“We have to turn her back guys. You can’t take care of a kid now. We’re in a middle of a concert preparation.” he said in a much calmer voice. The boys were tired but they were concerned for the little girl and that’s why they’re acting like crazy little s so he can’t take her with him at the police station. “I’m returning her after lunch. The delivery will get here in 5 minutes. Use the company card to pay for it. I’m going to the concert hall to see check the security plan.” he told and left the dorms again, leaving the glaring idols.

 

“Why is he acting like he couldn’t see her?! He’s being childish.” Baekhyun was upset as he took Yeseul from Kris arms to hug the poor girl.

“It’s okay, sweetbum, Baekhyun appa won’t let them take you away.” he said and the little girl sniffled as she rested her head on Baek’s shoulder.

“What do you mean Baek?” Xiumin asked. As much as they hate their manager right now, he was right. They can’t take care of a child now. Or ever. They’re too busy and taking her from place to place is dangerous too.

“Well we can’t just let hyung take her to the police station. There are criminals there, hyung. I don’t like them near Yeseul.” the younger said, running his hand up and down the girl’s back to comfort her.

“But what can we do?” Kai asked. “Maybe we can leave her her with the cleaning ahjumma.” he suggested and Yeseul let out a whine.

“Appas.” she said and tightened her arms around Baekhyun’s neck. Showing that she didn’t want to leave. The idol just rocked her side by side.

“I don’t know. Anywhere but the police station or any place where it’s not secure enough.” Sehun said and everyone agreed.

“But what about hyung? He’ll be furious once he gets back.” Kyungsoo asked.

“Then we just have to deal with him.” Suho said with an assuring smile. “We’re twelve, he’s one.” he added and the idols chuckled, agreeing with their leader.

 

Lunch came and Kyungsoo and Luhan were the ones assisted Yeseul on her every first decent meal. She couldn’t use chopsticks so Kyungsoo gave her a small fork, teaching her on how to get the noodles while Luhan wiped the soup that got on her face and clothes.

After lunch, the boys all went to prepare for their schedules while Yeseul napped on the sofa, a cute little pororo blanket, owned by Kyungsoo, wrapped around her small body. She was also hugging Sehun’s pinku-pinku and on the other side, Chanyeol’s set of Rilakkuma.

 

When Manager Dan arrived, the boys were already dressed up and ready to go. He asked for the little girl’s whereabouts and when the boys honestly told him that she’s on the sofa sleeping, he gawked at them and told them that if they’ve found the girl’s parents, they should’ve just told him so he wouldn’t stress out.

From then on, the manager thought that the kid’s parents have picked her up without him knowing and the boys were just taking their pranks too far. The EXO members though, were confused and was amazed because damn, their manager can’t really see the silver haired girl sleeping on the sofa.

 

The EXO members had to bring the little girl with them in the concert hall because it was the cleaning lady’s day off. There they noticed that it’s not only their manager who can’t see the girl but everyone except for the EXO members. They were starting to freak out, thinking that maybe, the girl was some sort of ghost, but when she woke up and demanded attention, Tao, who was the one who first saw her, went and carried her. He still took care of her despite of their suspicion that the girl is a ghost because he couldn’t just leave her. Not with those pleading eyes of hers, telling him to take care of her.

 

The boys started their rehearsals and they made sure to tell Yeseul to behave. She stayed on one of the seat rows, playing with pinku-pinku that wasn’t so pink anymore because of the ddukbokki sauce on its face. When they were given a snack, they gave some to Yeseul and the kid, thinking that pinku-pinku was hungry too, decided to feed her too.

The horrified look on Sehun’s face was so epic that them members couldn’t stop laughing for five minutes. But then, Chanyeol joined the maknae in agony when Yeseul used his biggest rilakkuma doll to wipe he mouth.