Appas

EXO-L

"But why does she hurt when we, idols, get hurt? Aren't you guys the fandom? Why does she have to suffer with us too?" There goes Tao's frustrated rain of questions.

"Like we said for the nth time, we are the spirit of your fandom. There's no fandom without idols and there would be no idols when there is no fans. Both are the reasons we exists so we're all connected to you and the fans." Elf answered. "Why she has to suffer with your pain? It's because she’s the spirit that connects the fans and the idols. Unlike you guys who can only see what you want, we fandom spirits can see and everything. And that goes even if we don't want to. We're born that way to understand both sides who made us alive."
"What if...what if Yeseul doesn't get better before the time runs out?" Jongdae asked nervously.

 

Shawol fixed the blanket that was covering Exo-L and Chanyeol smiled at the other spirit fondly. He reminded on how their Shinee seniors take care of them.

Feeling a gaze on him, Shawol looked up and met eyes with the idol and avoided eye contact to him before back to his seat which was between Suho and Kai. His idols' closest friends even before he was born.

 

"If that ever happens, which we really hope not. Then, Exo-L will disappear along with your fandom and careers." Sone told sadly. "Her health depends on your relationship with your fans. You also have to take care of your selves, body, emotions and thoughts. Faking it won’t be effective too. She's still a baby despite of having a 5 year old body in human form so she's more connected with her roots than other spirits. She can feel even the slightest discomfort you guys feel but don't forget that she can also feel your happiness whenever you guys are.” she told them. “I think, the best medicine for her to regain her spiritual energy back is for you guys to feel happy first. Then, fix your relationship with your fans. That way, Exo-L can take the pain and get it healed faster than she could've felt it."

"You mean, as long as we're happy and healthy. She'll be fine?" Luhan asked, his eyes not leaving their spirit. He has been very sick ever since they started their growl promotions. He would resort his fatigue by getting IVs all the time and he knew, sometimes, their fans was worried about him. He couldn't believe part of what happened to the poor child was his fault.

"Yes. Fans who loves you guys are the only ones who affect us so don't worry about the fakers and antis. They could hate and whatever they want but we will fight them." Sone said confidently. She's been the queen of fan wars up until now.

 

"Short period of time." Chen repeated as he looked at the sleeping child in Chanyeol's arms. In that short period of time, depended their whole life and the life of this child spirit and he couldn't believe they did this to themselves and to that sweet harmless child.

 

"And if she heals...?" Kai like to keep things positive, especially when it comes to those things he cherishes. "Then she'll regain her powers and will be able to look after you guys more effectively. It'll also give her power to become unseen, just like every spirit." Cassie answered.
"We can't see her again after she gets better?" Sehun almost pouted.
"But why can we see you guys now?" Xiumin spoke.
"Because it's the night of the blue moon tonight. We spirits lose some of our powers in this kind of night so humans can see us. We will go back to normal once the sun rises." Elf spoke. "Exo-L's amazing. You can tell how strong she is judging by the fact that she can still float around everywhere and not get seen by many people. Sure, some fans saw her earlier but there were so few of them. Unlike us, we had to stay hidden and ride a cloud to get here. Even Cassiopeia's wings won't obey her." Elf whined

"It's because she's still a new born and her connection between idols and fans were great today. It gave Exo-L power momentarily but look at her now, she’s exhausted." Cassie chuckled at the snoring child. "Exo-L will stay with you guys forever but you can only see her when she's in human form.

And you'll know she's getting better by her attitude and the showcase of her powers. The better she gets, the fainter you'll see her. And when you can't see her anymore, it means she's all better. The frailer and sickly she gets, the worse her condition is."
 

"I think you can take care of her with those pointers. Exo-L might be a handful fandom spirit but she's powerful and despite of her small figure, she can move mountains just by her love for you guys." Cassie told before standing up.
"Pffft. If Super Junior members did to me what you did to her, I'll probably kill myself just to end their careers and welcome them to hell myself." Elf joked and the EXO members laughed at her. She's just like her idols and fans. Caring but has a good sense of humor.

 

After their long chat and assuring the spirits that Yeseul will be okay with them, the spirits left, carrying a sleeping Shawol who drowsed off on Suho's lap while they were chatting.


 

That night, the EXO members and the staff decided to celebrate their successful concert tomorrow night and have that night and the next day free to rest. The eleven boys all decided to sleep in the living room. Yeseul was in the middle cuddled by Luhan to sleep.

 

“Yeseul no flying outside the dorms. If you do, you won’t get any sweets and always make sure to stay with us okay? No running away alone.” Kai cheerfully reminded him as they all walked towards the van. He, Xiumin, Luhan, Sehun, and Tao were going to participate for the Idol sports Championship just like every year. They were the ones who had to take the little girl because the other’s schedules are all overseas. They were excited though since it’s their first time spending a day with her, with all the mysteries surrounding her are all solved. Now, the members knew what they had to do with her and they promised to do their best to heal her. Seeing her again would be nearly impossible but they prefer her to live than to disappear.

That day, the EXO members did their best to do every sports they participated in and Exo-L cheered so hard she hurt from all the shouting. They also played with her in the field, treating her like their daughter, princess and baby.

Baekhyun was at it again and the members were giving him teasing smiles but he couldn’t care less. He started using his phone too often, giggling and smiling every time he looked at it.

“Appa. Open!” Exo-L tugged at his shirt lifting her short arm to hand the idol the sweet treat. She managed to make Suho buy her a lollipop but she struggled with the wrapper. And feeling a bit distanced with Baekhyun, she decided to ask for his help. But she was ignored.

Baekhyun giggled after his phone vibrated and ruffled the little girl’s hair without even looking at her. “Go to Chen appa, sweetheart. He’ll open it for you.” he said and unconsciously shooed the now sulking girl. But even so, she heeded Baek’s words and went to Chen to have her treat open and for a comforting hug because she felt ignored by her other appa.

“Don’t mind him, Yeseul-ah. Baek appa is just being stupid.” Chen comforted the little child with cuddles and soon enough, Exo-L’s giggles were heard throughout the waiting room they were currently in.


 

“See? Your Baekhyun appa hasn’t forgotten about you.” Lay assured as he sat beside the pouting child. Exo-L hasn’t seen Baekhyun the whole day and the said idol has promised her bubble tea. She was in the verge of tears of the thought Baekhyun setting him aside so Lay thought of something to cheer her up.

Baekhyun is one of the members that’s good with fan service. Instagram was one of his ways to interact with them and Lay wanted to show it to their princess.

The little lady giggled as she scrolled up the phone, understanding all the messages every photo had with Lay reading them to her. He was glad it cheered her up and he just hoped Baekhyun had bought the bubble tea when they get home.

 

“How can you forget?” Luhan asked in disbelief. “She has been upset for days because you’re ignoring her a lot Baek. She was really looking forward to that small cup of drink man.”

Baekhyun ruffled his hair in frustration and tiredness. He had a rough day and his girlfriend has been ignoring him the whole day because of their schedules. “Come on, hyung! There’s twelve of us who can take care of her. Why am I always the one to do it?” he asked. His fellow members have been constantly reminding him about him neglecting the kid and he has always promised to himself to make it up to the girl once they meet but he was always too tired after schedules.

“You know what her siblings said Baek. You were there. you might not be able to feel it but Yeseul can. She can feel you getting distant despite of the pats of the head and kisses you give her. You’ve been doing it like a chore and it’ll really hurt her once she realizes it. Please don’t be selfish.” There goes Suho to make him feel guilty, just like everyone in the dorms.

Hell! He knew what he has been doing but it wasn’t affecting nor hurting anybody. Exo-L looked happy and healthy but why does everyone flashing the guilty card on him? Kyungsoo has been busier with his drama filmings too and could only give the little angel a kiss on the cheek when she’s sleeping because their schedules never coincided so why is he the only one wrong here?

Feeling tired and upset, Baekhyun decided to call the night off and went to his room to sleep, hoping that tomorrow, he can talk to his girlfriend and finally make up with Yeseul.

 

Baekhyun woke up late. Not because he was too tired but because his alarm didn’t go off and because of it, he accidentally spent his whole day sleeping. His plans on spending time with Yeseul was quickly discarded as he prepared hurriedly for his date. He quickly get dressed and got greeted by Yeseul but he couldn’t entertain her because of his rush. Finally finished preparing, Baekhyun went to his room to get his phone and frowned when it wasn’t on its usual place.

“Chan have you seen my phone?” he asked the fellow member who shook his head. Baekhyun, still in a hurry went out to ask the others.  Then he saw Yeseul with Chen and Sehun siting in the dining table. He went to them and was about to ask about his phone when he saw the object he was looking for in Yeseul’s little hands.

 

“Hey that’s my phone!” Baekhyun was upset. He didn’t like it when someone touches his things without permission. He tried to get it but Yeseul refused to give it to him by avoiding the idol’s hands.

“How can you give her my phone?” he asked as he struggled on taking the phone back from the little brat and the two frowned at him. “We thought you lent it to her because she knew the pass-- OH MY--!” everyone gasped seeing Yeseul accidentally let go of the phone that went straight on the bowl of ice cream the three was eating before Baekhyun cameby.

 

Everyone watched in horror as they saw the phone sunk on the melted ice cream and Baekhyun’s face started getting red in frustration. Everyone was silent and the little girl was about to turn and apologize to her only to get startled by an angry shout.

 

“YAH!” Baekhyun yelled at her, his breathing heavily and Yeseul nearly jumped from her seat, looking at the furious idol with her teary eyes. She has never seen Bakhyun this angry at her before and she felt her chest tightened. “THIS BRAT! YOU’RE BEING A VERY BAD GIRL YESEUL-AH. APPA IS SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU!” he scolded and soon, Yeseul started bawling.

Chanyeol heard what happened and went out of their room, picked the girl up, taking her away from Baekhyun.

“Yah! Where are you taking her? I’m not through with her--”

“SHUT THE UP BAEK!” Chanyeol’s loud voice boomed in the dorms. “SHE’S A CHILD AND DIDN’T KNOW ANY BETTER YOU ! DON’T EVER GET NEAR HER UNTIL YOU’VE FOUND THAT MISSING SCREW IN YOUR HEAD YOU CRAZY BASTARD. I’LL NEVER LET YOU HURT HER, EVER!” He said before leaving the K dorms to go to the M’s.

 

Baekhyun was left in silence when Sehun eyed him in disappointment before running out to follow his other hyung. Yeseul’s loud crying faded with the sound of Chanyeol’s and Sehun’s footsteps until a loud bang of the door closing was heard.

 

Then, there, Baekhyun remembered Yeseul’s frightened face looking at him and followed by it was her crying. Big fat crocodile tears streamed down her pale cheeks. The memory made Baekhyun feel so ashamed and guilty that he wanted to dig his own grave and bury himself right after. Chanyeol was right. Yeseul’s just a kid and didn’t know better but she was being bratty the past few days that it made him snap. Still, that wasn’t enough for him to shout at her. The young girl’s terrified expression will surely hunt him forever.

Baekhyun wasn’t allowed to go out for a while. Their security has gotten tighter and some advised him to not look on to the Internet. His relationship with Taeyeon has been announced to the public after Dispatch released photos of them in their car date. They could’ve denied it but the photo of them kissing was clear enough for them to deny.

Of course, Baekhyun still didn’t follow some advice and still look into the net, reading thousands of comments about him being an ungrateful idol to his fans and to his fellow members. Kris just left the group and he just had to get caught.

Clearly, the rude comments were somehow true making Baek feel like . But in the next day and  he got scared when the people found out about his hidden codes in his posts in his supposed to be SNS for fan service. Damn. This could’ve ended his idol life--

 

Baekhyun took a sharp breath before heading out of his room that was silent when he realised something. “Yeseul!” Damn how could he be so stupid. Their fandom was a mess and his thoughts were as well. He read some of the comments and he couldn’t imagine the pain the child has been going through right now.

Failing to find the fandom spirit in their dorm and finally realising he was there alone, he went out to go to the M’s dorm.

 

He came in panting and was welcomed by Yeseul’s cry of pain and agony. She was crying in a heart breaking manner that the idol felt his heart sink at the bottom of his stomach. With trembling legs, he led himself to the M’s living room only to see the little girl sprawled on the sofa, her thin arms out of the comforter as she cried in pain.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?” Chen’s voice was filled with venom and his glare was made to kill. The others had schedules except Chen and he was a little bit grateful. If Chanyeol and Sehun were there, he wouldn’t even had reached the front door.

Baekhyun felt little with the other’s glares, sound of Yeseul’s cries in the background.


 

“Appaaaaaaaa---a---aaa-aaaaaa!” the little girl sobbed endlessly and it broke every one's heart upon hearing it. Knowing Yeseul’s the first priority, Chen decided to put aside his wrath with his fellow member and tended the feverish and weak girl on the sofa.

She was sobbing, coughing and choking as she held Chen’s hand with her cold and sweaty ones. She repeatedly said “It hurt.” and soon, Chen and Baekhyun were crying with her.

 

They couldn’t bear hearing and seeing their baby suffering like she was being burned on the chest by a glowing hot iron. They tried giving her medicine, giving her everything she wanted but it didn’t work. Not with almost everyone in the fandom was filled with disappointment and feeling betrayed; the exact things Exo-L felt when Baekhyun neglected her. A part of her hated Baekhyun but she knew she wouldn’t be able to go on with it longer. She wanted to stop but her emotions got the best of her, especially with the fans’ emotional turmoils encouraging it.

 

“Please, leave her. She can’t see you now Baek. I’m sorry.” Chen said as he wiped his tears before carrying the wailing child in one of their warmest room. Baekhyun went back to their dorms after being driven away by Chen and cried himself to sleep. He’s a terrible person and he’ll understand if their little princess could only hate him from now on because he deserves it.


 

The rest of the members did their best to take care of their fandom spirit who was weak as ever. It has been a week since the scandal happened and Yeseul was slowly recuperating. She was still pale and sick but she has been improving. The first three days felt like hell for her and everyone. The little girl never stopped crying in pain and if she ever did, she would stare at nothing for long period of time without moving before starting to grimace in pain and the crying would start once again. She looked like in a vegetative state and everyone was desperate in making her feel better. They even tried to get a hold of one of Exo-L’s siblings but they never found them nor heard them.

They were losing hope and were ready to let go of her just to end her suffering when the little girl reached for Xiumin’s face and put her cold hand on it before forcing herself to smile. It did nothing but broke their hearts, knowing that the fandom spirit was still thinking about them despite of being broken apart slowly.

“We’ll stay even if you don’t want us anymore.” she said in a whimper and it made the idols cry as Xiumin held her tightly.

Aware of the young and weak child spirit’s will to live and her consciousness about her idols’ feelings towards her, it hurt the EXO members. From that day onward, the boys didn’t give up. Giving their fandom the all the love they deserve and proving them that the feelings are sincere.

 

“If she gets hurt, I’ll cut you.” Chanyeol threatened Baekhyun who begged to see the little girl. After begging for a long time, the members finally agreed to let him see her and he was determined to redeem himself.

The taller man lead him to Luhan’s room and carefully opened the door to see Yeseul sleeping peacefully beside Tao who also fell asleep cuddling.

The little girl was too thin and still looked pale and sickly. But her breathing didn’t hitch anymore and her eyes weren’t swollen anymore because she has stopped crying in pain.

Baekhyun carefully went to the side of the bed and held the little girl’s hand that was now warmer. “I’m sorry.” he whispered, holding back his sobs but his tears gushed out from his eyes. “I’m sorry.” he repeated and kissed the small and bony hand.

 

“Don’t cry, appa.” the sweetest voice Baekhyun missed rung to his ears and looked up to see the little girl awake. Smiling weakly at him. She looked at him differently and he could tell there’s nothing but doubts and insecurity the little girl left for him. “Time will heal me. I’ll heal soon.” she assured him and Baekhyun was sobbing, he has never heard his little girl’s voice this weak before.

“Appa.” she called quietly and Baekhyun met eyes with the child. “We’re sorry for breaking your phone.” she told him, her eyes pleading for forgiveness Baekhyun granted her long ago. Baekhyun would let her break thousands of phones he’ll own in the future if she could just get better.

“Anni. You’re long forgiven and it’s appa’s time to apologize. Forgive me?” he tried to smile at her and the child unknowingly tried to mirror it.

“We…” It pained the idol’s heart seeing the child hesitate. “We’ll try.” she said before falling asleep with a smile smile resting on her face. She can feel it. Baekhyun appa doesn’t hate her anymore.

 

Baekhyun apologized to s repeatedly that day and cried the whole day in mixed emotions of sadness and happiness.

Despite of having busy schedules because of his new musical, SMTown concerts and a comeback preparation, Baekhyun and the rest of the members did their best to spend time with their kid. Exo-L got better day by day and she began playing like usual again. She still has mucus though but nothing she couldn’t handle or whine about. After all, her appas are all thee to wipe it all for her. She hated it though when they make her blow her nose because she couldn’t breathe for a while afterwards.

Unlike the fandom spirit, the EXO members were worried. Something was still wrong because Yeseul’s nose was still runny and her flying powers hasn’t come back yet.

Luhan and Kai’s bodies are being treated after they finished their schedules while the rest were tired as always. They have given themselves time to rest more now and then just to make the little girl healthy again.

Baekhyun apologized again to the members and their little girl because he knew that many of their fans were still bitter of his new relationship. Just like Yeseul’s reactions to him, he understood their fans.

 

Yeseul would demand attention every time they’re together and sulk whenever the idol stopped talking to her in order to reply to his girlfriend’s messages. But then, seeing his appa giggle, Yeseul would mirror his actions and look at the screen with Baekhyun, their faces glued at each other as they waited for a reply.


After five days, Yeseul’s cold was gone and she was her cheerful self again making her appas happy and giggling with her antics. Sure, she would get in trouble sometimes because she still hated EXO’s manager and she often hid the poor man’s shoes when he visits the dorms.