Friendship Starts

He and She

 

Luhan was easy to get close with because he has this very pleasant attitude. He can really invade my personal space easily even though I strengthen the barrier between us. He keeps on following me anywhere. He even joins me to eat in the cafeteria.

I find it very annoying especially when girls talk about how great was Luhan compared to me. There was also an instance I nearly slap a girl who talks behind my back. But what can I do, I have done everything to stop himI'm also getting tired of reminding him to stay away from me but he'll just smile and asked “Aren't we friends?” I hate his stubbornness.

Then a day on that week, the barrier I built between us shattered. What happened? I saw a growing crowd of students on the hallway and then I heard a loud scream.

Confess! Just say it will you!” I heard a threatening male voice.

I tried to make my way in the crowd and fortunately it pushed me in front.

Kai... That’s enough... Remember they’re still girls...” I searched for that familiar voice and I was right, it was Luhan.

My stare dropped on the three girls struggling on their knees. They were the girls who bullied me inside the girls’ bathroom, but what the hell is happening?

Oh... Luhan-hyung here she is... the ‘war-freak girl’...” a guy with small eyes and fair skin grinned at me.

Sehun... Mind your language...” Luhan gave him a slightly irritated look and smiled at me.

Oh... Sorry about the term...” he apologized to me.

Tell me Yza... are they the group of girls who bullied you?” Luhan softly said.

My voice was stuttering and I cannot confirm it to him. Because in the first place, I never thought that the ever friendly-to-all Luhan will act like this for my sake. I heaved a sigh on the thought that tomorrow’s issue would be, me being a bad influence to Luhan. But Kai misunderstood it I guess...

I’ll take that as a yes...may I Luhan-hyung...” Kai smirked and approached the girls.

Now...Apologize!” Kai yelled at them and Luhan was not doing anything.

Their lips were quivering but they managed to apologize to me. I don’t want this. Luhan... why are you not doing something... I gazed at them with pity because they looked really helpless.

Kai... That’s enough... I think they’re sincere” Luhan softly said while gazing at me.

Those gaze made me feel uneasy. I don’t know... more like there is a tension building inside my chest. I was flabbergasted when he suddenly pulled me away from the crowd, who started whispering various opinions about what happened. But what’s weird is... I was even surprised that the little contact sent my heart racing. Is he really concerned about me, that’s why he did that?

From that time... I knew that he’s different and he’ll be the only friend I have and will have forever. It is official...I come to accept him as my friend.

After that little commotion... Luhan, being the vice president of the Student Council, was condemned for being irresponsible about his manners by our sophisticated president. The president was right, I admit and of course Luhan realized that too, remember he’s definitely smarter than me. So, he ended up facing Yukari’s anger.

Who is Yukari?

Yukari is a half Japanese half Korean girl, who transferred in our school because of her dad's business and the only girl Luhan liked back in high school. Despite the fact, that a lot of girls had a crush on him, basically because he's handsome and a gentle person.

Alright... I admit that as we became close to each other, my feelings towards him also grows. So, sometimes I sort of became jealous when I notice his admiration to his idol, Miss sophisticated president.

Yukari was perfect, beautiful, kind, lady-like and a responsible president of the school. But in the mid of the school year she planned to transfer in America for her dad again. Luhan was the ideal next president to the school but suddenly he won't accept it and then we knew what was the scenario.

I tried to cheer him, encourage him to do what he wanted because I know that he wants to lead the students deep inside his heart and that time I had this little crush on him. But in the end, it's still Yukari who convinced him to pursue what he wants.

It was two days before Yukari's flight to America, that's the day when Luhan delivered his speech and was the worst day ever happened. Luhan confessed his love for Yukari in front of the whole school, in front of me, but Yukari vaguely replied, most likely a rejection.

I saw Luhan broke down and something inside my system urged me to do something for him. But what can I do? I know saying thank you was not enough for everything he did as my best-friend. I can't even push myself to him just to help him move on because I know the one he wants wasn't me but I want to do what I can.

Lunch break that same day, I wrote a letter in a small piece of paper and slid it to Yukari's locker. I have this trail of thought that Yukari won't neglect nor reject the letter and what's written inside it, because she knows the way of formal combat.

Yukari is the school's Kendo club president and I know this will be a tough match but it was just my way to let her show her feelings for Luhan because it's obvious that she liked him. I just don't know why she did not accept his feelings. And this is the only thing I can do for him, a way to make him happy. Again... I’ll defend my title as the war-freak student of this school. .

And the duel started...

"I have know idea why you're doing this, challenging the best Kendo player in school?" she mumbled while carefully tying her hair to a pony tail.

I tightened my grip to my bamboo sword that was pointing to her.

"Because I'm not afraid to give happiness to those who are important to me... because I'm not a coward..." I softly said maintaining my composure.

She paused for bit and lined her lips. She positioned herself to attack and she looked very serious like a samurai girl who's ready to kill. I tightened my grip again, I must ready myself for the first blow of her attack.

"I'm not a coward!" she screamed as she ran and swayed her bamboo sword on me.

I warded it off with my bamboo sword but she's very skilled as she swirled my sword, tossing it to the corner of the room.

"You're wrong!" she yelled.

"I. AM. NOT. WRONG!" I screamed and gave her a punch on her left cheek.

I am getting impatient to this girl, why can't she just admit that she loved Luhan?

"Just stop beating around the bush... if you don't like or love him then why don't you just say you hate him?" I burst and clinched my fist.

"Because...because..." she was out of words to say and it seemed that tears will escape from her eyes.

"Because?"

"Because, I'm not an idiot like you!" she yelled and ran towards me, giving me a punch on my right cheek.

The punch was too strong that I was pushed on the floor. But I won't let her win, that's not me at all, the war-freak won’t be defeated. So, I grasped her collar and exchanged our positions. I slapped both of her cheeks but she managed to give me another hard punch on my left cheek, now the corner of my lips were bleeding.

I heard the creaking of the door and some footsteps coming. This is not good on my part since I'm the one who started, this meant another mark on my records.

"Yza! that's enough!" Luhan yelled and ran towards me, lifting me away from Yukari. Our other classmates helped her .

"Why did you do this?" Luhan asked angrily while wiping the blood on the corner of my lips.

"Because she's stupid..." Yukari said smirking.

This girl pisses me off.

"You're the one who's stupid... I mean coward..." I annoyingly said.

I was about to punch her again but Luhan held my arms tightly.

"This is enough, we should better go to the office now..." Suho said.

I had explained everything, well it won't still save me from being suspended again. But at least there's still good on it because somehow Luhan and Yukari talked and cleared things between them. Yukari traveled to America bruised, Luhan was fine, I don't know, more like a light feeling. And me, they granted me a one week suspension for causing trouble again.