Because of Lasagna ..

It's You ..

 

 

"Don't let someone dim your light, simply because it's shining in their eyes"

 


 

Characters: Lee Chaerin & Kim Joon Myun (Suho)
Date Posted: August, 22, 2014


 

 

" Because of Lasagna .."

 

 

"Okay, Juniors listen up. Today we'll be having the nomination for next year's student body president and as you know it's a must for all of you to choose someone that you think is deserving for that responsibility" The university coordinator; Mr. Yang announced to the meeting of the 3rd year student.

 

"Sir? Does it mean we can nominate whoever we want?" Baekhyun, one of the school top students asked.

 

"Well, as long as that student you nominated is willing to take a risk then it's fine" Mr. Yang roamed his eyes around and made himself check if the students are listening. "And besides we still have the debate right?" Some students nodded and others are already thinking who to nominate.

 

"Can we start now?"

 

 "The nomination is now open" Numbers of raised hands was seen, "Yes, Mr. Wu"

 

"I nomimate the vice president of the student body, Kim Joon Myun" Mr. Yang nodded and wrote Suho's name in his notepad, “Anyone else?" Students are now having second thoughts for nominating, Joon Myun a.k.a Suho is the Vice President of the student body this school year and they are all aware how good he is in what he’s doing.

 

“I nominate myself” A voice startled some of the student who’s in the middle of thinking who’s capable of competing against their Mr. Nice Guy Vice President. Chaerin a.k.a The Baddest Female of their batch stated, she looked like someone who just woke up and the meeting is the reason; well, she just did woke up. Head turns to where she’s sitting as she peacefully leaned at her chair and chew her gum like a boss; she looked bored, super bored.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Well, it’s been,” She raised her left hand where her watch is located and check the time, “three minutes since BenBen nominated Kim and there is still no one nominating who”

 

“And?”

 

“I nominate myself as his opponent to end this meeting quickly  ... So I’m in”

 

Mr. Yang awkwardly cleared it’s throat and nodded, “Oh yes, like I said earlier everyone is welcome.. So, anyone else?”

 


“That was one bad move Chae” Dara said to Chaerin as they walked back to their homeroom.

 

“Ya unnie, You know that I’m trying to be a refined woman now so that thing earlier is not a bad move but a solution to boredom of being stuck in a boring meeting. You know I hate waiting”

 

“Yeah? Like what happened between you and-"

 

Chaerin raised her index finger; signaling Dara to stop whoever name she’s going to say, “Don’t .. Don’t even finish that sentence of yours unnie” and by that she walked off forward.

 

 

Couple of weeks passed like a blur; Chaerin and Suho are both busy for the upcoming election. Some students still doubt CL’s intention for running as Student President. The date for the most awaited debate is already settled and students are anticipating on what Chaerin would say though they're expectation is not too much.


 

 

Debate Day:

 

“Okay, students.. Settle down; the event will start soon”

 

The program did start minutes after, this said debate is not literally a debate; it’s more on presenting your plans when you win and besides there are question that came from the students that the participant need to answer.

 

“First question, what are your future plans for the school year coming?”

 

Suho gave CL an expectant look keeping in mind the famous phrase, ‘Ladies first’ and being polite but CL just nodded at him, signaling that he should answer first, some of the students snickered on Chaerin’s action.

 

“Well, what I plan is to lengthen our study time and shorten our vacant hours so that students will focus more on their studies and also to avoid cutting classes” And by that he gave Chaerin a look.

 

Chaerin misinterpret his action and thought it as a ‘Go’ signal for her, this is a debate after all “Meh. Too serious, Hm. Well, I’ve been a student here for three years and I’ll say that climbing up four flights of stairs is really tiring every morning and after break so I suggest putting an elevator?”

 

“A what?” Suho asked unsure if he heard Lee’s statement right.

 

“Didn’t you hear what I just said? An elevator, you know the thing that lift people at the mall? You do know what a mall is, right?”

 

Suho sighed deeply, “Don’t be ridiculous Chae-”

 

“CL; call me CL not Chaerin”

 

He sigh again, “Please be serious on our discussion”

 

“Who said I’m fooling around?” Chaerin leaned forward.

 

“Well, are you? An elevator?”

 

“JoonMyun, I’m serious okay?”

 

“No, you're not. Don’t you know what reality is? Are you being immature now?”

 

Chaerin jaw dropped, “Immature? Are you saying that I’m being a child? You know I’m always mature and rational”

 

“Is that so? Mature you said, then you’re being rational with the reason you gave to me?”

 

“What are trying to imply?” Chaerin looked at him straight in the eye then saw something pass an emotion in his eyes, “Oh, I know now” She laughed slightly.

 

 

FLASHBACK:

“Suho !! You know if you just accept my confession then everybody will be happy” CL shouted to the retreating back of their class representative, Kim JoonMyun a.k.a Suho; They just had another round of teasing, more like CL pissing off Suho.

 

Suho never take CL seriously, He believed that he is just her flavor of the month; that’s why she's always teasing him. They met during freshmen year when they become seatmate; Suho is a goody student while Chaerin is the mischievous one. She always teases him that she likes him and he always ignored it, not believing a thing.

 

“Look what I have” CL happily seated beside him, He looked up and face his own photo that is supposed to be in the bulletin together with the pictures of others class representatives from another year.

 

“Why did you get that?”

 

“So, I can have a photo of you” His eyebrows raised, “If you don’t want this to give to me then shall we take picture together?” She instantly put her arms to his shoulder and pulled him closer to her, “Smile for the camera” and a flash.

 

“Seriously Chaerin what’s wrong with you?”

 

“Duh? Almost all the student of this university knew that I like you; I think even your parents knew it. Tell your mom that I love her lasagna by the way” She smiled, “While you Mr. Numb don’t know a thing? Gee”


 

 

“CHAEHO!!” She instantly rounds her arms unto Suho’s arm the moment she reached him.

 

“Who’s Chaeho?”

 

“Our future son” She smiled cheekily, Chaerin doesn’t know why she’s so hooked up with Suho. Is it his smile? His personality? She doesn’t know.

 

“What the? Where’d you get that silly idea?”

 

“Come on. I know you’re just being hard to get but I know deep inside here” She pointed on his chest where his heart is located, “..You like me”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Eh? Where are you going? Why are you excusing yourself?” and he just breathe deeply, defeated.

 

 

“Why did they broke up again?” Chanyeol asked Dara who’s the closest friend of Chaerin sitting near him,

 

“Lasagna”

 

“La- what? Is that an English word that I didn’t know?”

 

“Lasagna .. The pasta, you know the food?”

 

“Eh? What’s with it?”

 

“Suho didn’t showed up when Chaerin cooked Lasagna for him and she put all her effort to make it taste like how his mom’s lasagna is but he ditched her” Chanyeol just stared at her, “You know how girls is, We have a very complicated mind and I think Chaerin got annoyed with him. Besides, before even that Suho has been neglecting her and she’s pissed with it. So, to cut story short the Lasagna is the last straw of her patience”

 

“What the? You’re still thinking about that eh? Can’t move on? Am I that awesome?”

 

Gasps were heard from the students that are inside the auditorium and listening to them. People always misunderstand Chaerin, they always label her as a bad influence that know nothing. Little they did know that she’s a sweet girl behind that attitude façade of her. She’s an illegitimate child but that doesn’t bother her a bit because her father’s family welcomed her with an open arms believing that it’s not her who to blame but it’s the person who committed the mistake not the result of it but that doesn’t mean that other people are open-minded like how her family is.

 

In short, she’s broken. She’s always the target of bullying during her younger years and that pain her. No one is going to save her or even going to protect her from the harsh judgement of people that don’t even know her true self. So, she decided not to be the princess in distress who always wait of saving instead she decided to be her own knight in shining armor.  She talked back, fights back and used her naughtiness as a protection.

 

Suho just stared at her, Just a year and a half ago they’re both happy being together. He admit that he’s enjoying her teasing and all but he’s just too arrogant to voice it out, he started to fall for her the first time she laid a punchline and confessed to him like it’s not a big thing.

 

At first he find her reason for breaking with him ridiculous. Food? That’s why they broke up? Because of food. Silly it may sound but he loves her even more when they broke up. He knew now that he wasted her effort to make him happy, Chaerin knew that he loves her mother’s lasagna and that day when she cooked it for him; it was his birthday and her mom is on overseas so she took the initiative to make him smile but no, he didn’t showed up. He spent his time together with his friend and he regrets it so much..

 

“No, you’re perfect that’s why I can’t move on” He said sincerely.

 


She looked at him in confusion, “What are you talking about?”

 

“Can we.. Hm, Can I court you again?”

 

“What the hell Kim! What are you doing? This is a debate day not confession day.. Collect your thoughts will you..” She side glanced the teacher beside the stage, asking for help because she's uncomfortable with this topic but the teacher is already not there; He ran off out of the room to summoned Mr. Yang.

 

"I still love you Chae. I know it's been a year and a half since we broke up but I can't move on. I miss your teasing, your charm, your childlike attitude when we're alone, the ramen that always looked like drowning with too much water, your effort to make me smile and how you scared my friends by hanging out with me because you only want me with yourself only." 


Chaerin just looked at him and to her friends, "I know I've been an insensitive boyfriend when I didn't show up the day when you cooked the Lasagna for my birthday. You ignored me and just dropped like nothing. You know, I'm not a kind of person that shows or said what I feel; You know you always need to read between the lines, it's just that I got overwhelmed with the attention you're giving to me to the point that I started to neglect you. I'm sorry, Will you forgive me?"

 

She bit her lips, "Ahm, Can I answer your question privately? Being here together with the other students hearing all your words is a little awkward. I'm the Baddest Female right? I have a reputation to maintain" She said smiling but walking towards him as she hugs him longingly.

 

"Of course" He pulled her away from the auditorium but not before hearing the teases and whistle coming from their batch mates. 

 

Chaerin pulled out from running for Student Body President instead she supported him all they way. Another student coming from their batch decided to compete against him just for the sake of having one. 

 

"So, Ms. Lee Chaerin .. Is Chaeho still up?" Suho asked seriously as they're both in the rooftop of the condominium he's living. They're having a picnic in there, weird it may seem but if Chaerin is your girlfriend this is just normal.

 

"Ya? We're still young for that" As she took a spoonful of her Lasagna and put it just an inch away from Suho's mouth.

 

He gladly took it, "I'm not saying to have him now but I'm reassuring that we're going to have future together" happily chewing the lasagna ^^


 

GUYS, THIS IS A GUNSHOT STORY. JUST SUDDEN FLOW OF IDEA. SORRY FOR THE WRONG WORDS, GRAMMARS AND ALL. HOPE YOU'ALL UNDERSTAND.

This one shot is dedicated to Wu Yi Fan, third male that I ship to Chaerin unnie. Missyousomuch Yi Fan oppa ^^ Hope you're fine and happy :))

Please LEAVE A COMMENT and UPVOTE maybe? I really want to read you opinion or reaction.

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

 


 

"Hangman is great. It teaches you that by saying the wrong wrong things you could end someone's life"