Eternal flame

Captured in Her Eyes

Sun-ho parked his car outside the studio and walked in slowly. The place was beautifully decorated and lit up. It looked like a piece of heaven. The ground was covered with flowers and candles. Music was playing giving the place a different impression. The café was crowded with people. In-sung looked overjoyed “This is the first time your nasty friend does something good. We need help doctor. You can give us a hand.” He said “They finished shooting in the garden?” Sun-ho asked “Yes, a few hours ago. They’re in the studio now.”

Sun-ho went to the studio ignoring In-sung calls. Hana was wearing a beautiful ocean blue dress. She waved her hand at him and spun “Beautiful isn’t it?” she said enthusiastically. A broken smile crossed Sun-ho’s face that’s when Jessie grabbed his arm and pulled him “Just in time, we were just taking friends photos. I can’t seem to find friends for those guys. Let’s hop in.” she said smiling widely. Joon stared at Jessie in anger “What? Do you have something to say?” she said “Why did you call that guy?” he said angrily “I didn’t call anyone. He said he was going to come. I thought you guys are friends?” She said “I didn’t mean Sun-ho. I meant that jerk over there.” Joon said pointing at the corner of the room “The tall guy that Hana is talking to. Hana called him not me. She said he’s her friend since college. She said the rest of her college friends will come to the wedding.” “I hate this guy.” Joon said. Jessie laughed “It’s good to see you jealous, Joony. I guess our pride has a lot of fans.” Jessie said. Sun-ho gave a small laugh. “You’re still jealous from Tae-sung?” Sun-ho said “I’m not jealous, he annoys me.” Joon said “Enough chit chat. Stand behind Joony.” Jessie said pushing Sun-ho behind Joon’s chair. “Everybody gather up.” She shouted. They stood together and she adjusted her camera. She ran and stood next to Sun-ho as the camera flash hit their eyes.

Jessie’s phone rang. She seemed worried and a bit scared when she saw her phone. “Sorry, I have to take this. Excuse me.” she said and she ran outside the studio. Sun-ho followed her. She was standing in the parking lot “So, he is awake now.” She said then she listened for a while “He will be fine. I’m sure, he’s strong.” She said “it is better this way. Remembering will only hurt him.” she said then she nodded a few times “Don’t tell him about me if he can’t remember.” She said “After I’m done with those guys, we can consider this together. Thanks a lot. I’m so glad you told me. See you soon.” She said. She hung up and started jumping, spinning and singing. When she saw Sun-ho she ran and threw her arms around him. “It’s a great day. It’s really great. You know what it is awesome.” She said. “What happened?” he said with a smile “I confused you? Something good happened. I’m so happy I can fly right now. Let’s get this photo session over So, I can party.” She said “Do you mind if I join you?” He asked “Are you kidding? I don’t know anything here and you’re my guide. You don’t have a choice.” She said then she wrapped her arm around his and dragged him to the studio. “You love this song. You listen to it whenever you’re in a good mood. What was that call about?” Joon said “I have no reason to be in a bad mood, Joony. And this song fits the situation you’re getting married to the girl you’re in love with.” She said “I don’t buy this. You didn’t play it all day long why now?” he said “You ask a lot of questions Joon.” Sub-ho said “Can song be the first dance in the wedding?” Hana said with a wide smile. Jessie smiled wider “Of course it’d be great.” “What is this song anyway?” Tae-sung asked “It’s called eternal flame.” Jessie said raising one eyebrow in annoyance.

“Thanks everybody that was great work.” She said “I’ll drive you to the hotel.” Joon said “No, I’m staying with Sun-ho today. He is taking me out.” She said. Joon’s eyes grew wide and his face turned red “He asked you out?” he said angrily “No, it’s more like I asked him. I want to party and he’ll be my guide.” She said “You seem happy but take care. Sun-ho falls in love easily.” Joon said trying to seem calm. Jessie laughed “Are you worried that I’ll break his heart?” “I’m worried one of you will have a broken heart.” “We’re friends for now. Your face makes me think you’re jealous.” “No, I’m worried. Sun-ho likes drinking and you can’t tolerate it. I’m not sure how this night is going to end.” He said. Jessie laughed loudly “You don’t trust your friend.” “No, I don’t trust drunk you. You’re really in a good mood, aren’t you?” “Something great happened back home so, I’m just happy. Oh right, you can join us if you’re worried about your friend.” “I will. I’ll drive Hana home, you guys wait for me here and we can go party together.” Joon said. “What are you talking about?” Hana said in jealousy “Your girlfriend is jealous from me, Joony.” “I’m not his girlfriend. I’m his fiancée.” Hana shouted. “Hana, stop this nonsense. I can’t talk to my friends now. We had an agreement, apologize.” Joon said sharply. Hana gave a small snarl. Jessie jumped on Joon’s back and laughed “What are you saying jerk? She didn’t do anything? Hana you don’t need to worry about me, I have my eyes set on someone.” Jessie said hitting joon lightly on his head. “What is going on here?” Sun-ho asked “I knew it. You’re up to no good.” Joom yelled at Jessie “Nothing, they’re going home. We need to arrange the bachelor and bachelorette parties.” Jessie said pushing Joon and Hana to the car. “You dare not go anywhere without me. I’m warning you.” Joon shouted “Good-bye” Jessie said closing the garden gate.

“He’ll never grow up.” Jessie said “I think he grew up before he should.” Sun-ho said “Enough talking about them. Where are you taking me?” She said with a wide grin. “Karaoke?” he said. She jumped and nodded “Okay, let me get my stuff.” He said then he went to his clinic. When he came out he found Jessie laying on the grass with her headphones oh her ears. Her eyes were closed and she was smiling. He kneeled next to her and smiled. She sat put the headphones on his ear and lied down again. He lied next to her. He took the headphones off “You really love this song.” He said “I like it. It’s not my favorite but it’s a good one.” She said then she started singing

Close your eyes, give me your hand, darlin'
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Is this burning an eternal flame

I believe it's meant to be, darlin'
I watch you when you are sleeping
You belong with me
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame

Say my name
Sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely
And then come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling, oh

 

“Won’t it be great if there was a love like this? Too bad this only happens in fairy tales.” She said looking at the stars. Sun-ho watched her getting lost in her own thoughts.