While you were sleeping- part 2

Captured in Her Eyes

During their drive she didn’t say anything. She just stared out of the window. And as they walked through the department store she seemed lost in her thoughts. “You know you can tell me anything.” He said “What?” she said snapping out of her trance “If something is bothering you, you can tell me. I’ll be your listening wall.” He said. She laughed “Is that what you said to her?” “What? Who?” he exclaimed “Hana is that what you told her?” she said. He was shocked. She took the camera and pictured him “You’re a natural.” She said looking at the photos. “What do you mean?” he said “Nothing you don’t already know but let’s not talk about this now.” She said “I want to know what you mean?” “You like her, don’t you? But your friendship with Joony and their love are huge obstacles that you can never overcome. And now they’re getting married and you’re the best-man.” She said “That would make a great movie.” He said “Are saying that this is not true?” “I’m saying that it can’t be more than a movie.” “Never underestimate a girl’s intuition. Well, I can be your listening wall too. Whenever you need one, I’ll be right here. And I’ll make sure to use my listening wall well so be ready for that.” She said with a smile then she started running and spinning. He laughed at her childish behavior. They finished shopping and walked to the parking. They put the shopping bags in the trunk.

 It started raining. Jessie’s eyes lit up and she ran with her hands wide open. “Jessie, come here. You’re not wearing a jacket. You’ll catch a cold.” Sun-ho said “Stop wailing and join me. This is so much fun.” She shouted. Sun-ho took his umbrella and ran to her. She took it from him and closed it. She put her hand on his face. His eyes grow wide as she stared into them; her blue eyes holding his. He felt his heart race and he was paralyzed.  “You’re a sweet guy but just once let go of yourself. Scream, shout, curse, sing, dance, just do whatever you feel like doing.” She said in a sweet voice. He felt heart melting to every word she said. He moved closer to her but she stepped back and turned around “Peace out ers. I’m not afraid of you. Wake up for my sake, please.” She shouted. She turned to him and said “You too, try.” He mumbled some words that she couldn’t hear “Louder” she ordered “I’ll move on. My heart won’t break no more.” He shouted “Nothing can touch us. We’re invincible.” She screamed putting her arm around his shoulder. They danced under the rain. Some high school students joined them.

The rain stopped and they drove to the studio. “It’s late and you’re wet. Are you sure you want to work now?” Sun-ho asked “I’ve been sleeping for two days and the photo-shoot is tomorrow. I have to work now.” She said looking out of the window. “Your hair is wet.” He said and he closed the window. She opened it “I’m okay” she said then she sneezed “Yeah right” he said smiling widely. She frowned as he closed the window again. They arrived at the café. Jessie went to the studio and Sun-ho went to get some towels. When he came back music was playing and Jessie was singing and arranging things around the studio. Sun-ho watched her from behind the door. “Oh, you’re here. Come in, please.”  She said. He walked in “That is a towel and that is my sister’s dress. She forgot it here.” He said. “Thank you. You can go home now.” She said “I’ll help you. The room upstairs is empty. Hana is staying with her mum till the wedding. You can use it to change and when you’re tired.” He said. She smiled “Thank you. You can put these in the garden in this arrangement.” She said giving him a box and a drawing. He nodded and he went outside. He set up the lights and toys as she drew. After he finished he took a look at the general view “It’s beautiful.” He said in a joyful voice. He went to the studio and found it all set up. It was beautifully decorated with flowers and lights. “Jessie where are you?” he said looking for her. He found her sleeping on a chair. He smiled and he felt his heart beating faster. He put his hand on his heart “Yah, don’t you know when to beat like this?” he said to himself “Why is she frowning?” he whispered. He put his hand on her forehead. “Oh, she’s got fever.” He carried her to the room upstairs. She was saying something but he couldn’t figure it out. He went to get some wet towels and medications when he came back she was breathing heavily and she was restless. “No, no, stay with me, please. Stay with me, Logan.” She repeated in her sleep. He put one hand on the edge of the bed and used the other to place a wet towel on her fore head. She grabbed his hand “Stay with me, hold on, please, stay with me.” she said in a shaking voice. “Okay, I won’t go anywhere.” He said but she kept repeating until he squeezed her hand. She smiled and her body relaxed. He couldn’t help it as he touched her face slowly.

The next day, Joon and Hana came for the photoshoot. “Wow, she is really good.” Hana said admiring the garden. “Let’s go see the studio.” Joon said “This is amazing. She is talented.” Hana said in amazement. “I know. Let’s go change and I’ll call her.” He said. They went upstairs. Hana found the door of her room opened. “Joon, the door is opened.” She whispered. They walked slowly into the room. “Yah, what is this?” Joon shouted. “What is this noise?” Jessie said sitting up without opening her eyes. “What the hell happened?” Joon shouted angrily. Hana was holding him back. “Why are shouting like this in the morning?” she said opening one eye. “Why don’t you look next to you?” he said. Jessie turned her head and saw Sun-ho trying to open her eyes. Her eyes grew wide and she screamed.