While you were sleeping- part1

Captured in Her Eyes

Few days passed and Jessie didn’t show up. Joon was too busy preparing for the wedding that he didn’t notice her absence. Sun-ho had that feeling that he is forgetting something important but he couldn’t put his hand in it. “Guys, I feel like something is missing, like I’m forgetting something.” He said “What is it? Remember, usually when you say that you’re really forgetting something important.” In-sung said “Yes, I know put I can’t remember what it is.” Sun-ho said hitting his head. “Give me a piece of that chocolate cake.” He said “Oh my God, chocolate cake, Jessie, we haven’t seen her since that day.” He said “The black spy, she came here once. What made you think that she’ll come again?” In-sung said “She’s supposed to come. The wedding photos she’s the photographer. She’s supposed to come set up the studio.” Jo-soo said “Joon, does he know that.” Sun-ho said “No, I don’t think so.” Jo-soo said.

 

Sun-ho called Joon and they agreed to meet at the hotel where Jessie is staying. Joon called Jessie many times but she didn’t pick up. Sun-ho and Joon sat in the lobby trying to reach to Jessie until she finally picked up. Her voice was sleepy. Joon told her that he is waiting for her in the lobby. She walked slowly to them. Her face was white and she could barely stand. She was about to fall but Sun-ho caught her “Are you okay?” He asked in a concerned voice. “I guess jetlag is a real pain.” She said “You look awful.” Joon said “Thanks Joony. You just made my day.” She said in a weak voice “Joon can you get us some chocolate and water quickly?” Sun-ho said letting Jessie’s head rest on his shoulder. “What? Is she okay?” Joon asked “Apparently, she hasn’t eaten anything the past two days. I think her blood sugar is low.” He said. “Let’s get her to a hospital” “It’s not that bad she just needs some sugar.” “Let’s get out of here. She can stay in the studio.” Sun-ho was surprised from Joon’s worry.

 

They went to the café where Hana was waiting “We were supposed to have dinner together but you didn’t show up or answer your phone.” She said angrily. “Sorry, Jessie was sick so we went to see her.” He said “Is she okay now?” She said “She is fine.” Sun-ho said walking in with Jessie walking next to him. “Hello” Jessie said still in a weak voice “Sorry, I ruined your date. I have work to do. I’ll go to the studio. Sun-ho, could you help me?” she said. He smiled “Sure” he said and they both went to the studio. “Joony said you were the one that noticed my absence.” She said “Yeah, there was something I wanted to tell you last time.” he said “What is it?” “If you wanted someone to teach you Korean, I can do that.” “Really? Thank you. I have a job interview next week and I think I’m going to need to improve my language.” “You know Korean?” “A little, Joony taught me back then but I don’t know much. Could you help me do some shopping?” She said “Okay, what do you want?” he said. She gave him a list “These are the things I need for the photo-shoot tomorrow. And I need a dress for the wedding.” “Let’s get the photo-shoot things and tomorrow we can look for the dress.” “You don’t have to help me with the dress. I just need to know where the malls are?” she said “It’s okay. I don’t work at nights anyway.” He said. Her phone rang “Sorry, I have to answer” she said and she walked out.

 

He stayed in the studio for a while then he went outside get the car. He went to the parking and saw her standing there. “My friend is lying in a hospital in a coma that I don’t even know if he is going to wake up from. That is the least thing I can do for him mum. So, I will testify and I’ll make sure that these people go to prison and suffer for the rest of their lives whether you like it or not.” She said with tears falling from her eyes. She hung up and fell to her knees. Sun-ho ran to her. He saw her tear stained face “Don’t cry. My heart hurts.” He said. She wiped her tears “What are you doing here?” she said “You said we need to go shopping. I came to get the car.” He said. She smiled and said “Let’s go then”