A new rhythm

Captured in Her Eyes

“Are you okay now?” Sun-ho said putting his hand on her forehead. She pushed his hand away “What happened last night?” she said in terrorized voice “Your fever is down.” Sun-ho said. “What is that?” Joon shouted “She had a fever. I must have fallen asleep here while watching over you. That is all, I swear nothing happened.” Sun-ho said defending himself. Jessie laughed loudly “You’re cute.” She said pointing at Sun-ho and Joon. She stood up “You’re wearing a dress.” Joon said in a surprised tone “Oh, my clothes were wet so, he gave it to me.” She said “This is the first time that I see you wearing a dress.” Joon said. She span around “Do you like it?” she said smiling. Sun-ho stared at Jessie and smiled. Hana grabbed Joon’s arm “Joon and Sun-ho, get out. I need to get ready.” Hana said in jealousy. Jessie winked at Joon. Sun-ho felt his blood boiling. “I’m getting out of here.” He shouted. “Wait a second, please. Hana can you be ready in an hour. I need to go to the hotel. I’ll be back in an hour.” Jessie said. Hana nodded “Thanks. Sun-ho, can you drive to the hotel, please?” Jessie said “Sure” he said “No, I’ll take you there.” Joon said grabbing Jessie’s wrist “Joon, you need to get ready and look at Hana. She is going to kill us.” She said. Joon let go of her hand and turned to Sun-ho “Yah, don’t you dare try to touch her. I’ll kill you.” Joon said in Korean “Hana, what is he saying?” Jessie said “It doesn’t matter. Let’s go.” Sun-ho said taking Jessie’s hand and walking out of the room. “Hey, do you want to die?” Joon shouted and was about to follow them but Hana stopped him.

“It must be hard.” Jessie said “What is hard?” Sun-ho said staring at her. “Seeing them together and pretending that you’re happy.” Jessie said in sympathy “I’m happy. Joon is my friend and so is Hana. If they’re happy then I’m happy.” He said “You’re a nice guy. I wonder how she didn’t fall for you.” She said. She wrapped her arm around herself and closed her eyes. “Are you cold?” he said in a worried tone “A little” she said. He put his hand on her forehead “You’re temperature is a bit high.” He said then he stopped the car “Wait here for a moment.” He said then he rushed out. He came back after a few minutes “Take those after you eat. No, this won’t do. Let’s have breakfast together. I need to make sure that you take them.
He said “That is why I said you’re a nice guy. You care and worry too much. Don’t worry, I’ll take my medicine. I can’t stand this headache anyway.” She said. “Just make sure you eat well before taking them. I’ll pick you up in an hour.” He said “You don’t have to this.” She said “I know. I’ll call you.” He said. She nodded and walked into the hotel. “Did I forget something?” he said and tipped his head to the side. “I’ll remember later.” He said and drove away. “Did I forget something?” she said to herself “He is coming back anyway.” She said and smiled “Why did I smile?” she shook her head and went to the room.

After an hour, Sun-ho stood in front of the hotel. He took his phone and was about to call Jessie. “I don’t have her number.” He walked into the hotel. “You’re here.” Jessie said “What are you doing in the lobby?” he said “Waiting for you. I realized you don’t have my number and I don’t have yours. Anyway, let’s go we don’t want to be late.” She said. They arrived at the studio. “You’ve to come. You’re probably Joon’s only friend so you’ve to come.” Jessie said “I don’t think I can. I’ll pick you up when you finish.” Sun-ho said. Joon stood in front of the garden’s door wearing a tuxedo. Hana was standing behind him, only her face visible. “I understand you don’t want to hurt anymore. When you fall in love the rhythm of your heart will change. You need to see love from a different angle. But first, face your problems and you’ll find that rhythm sooner or later.” She said “You don’t know.” he said “I know more than you do.” she said stepping out of the car and waving her hands with a wide smile on her face. He couldn’t help but smile back. He drove away with a heavy heart. “You don’t know that it doesn’t hurt that bad anymore. You don’t know that my heart rhythm is changing.” He said putting his hand on his heart.