Chapter 5

keys to your heart(beats)

It’s Thursday again, and Lunnie paces around the living room, waiting for Minseok.

 

It’s stupid, she knows, because after the incident Minseok most likely will never come to her house anymore, but she’s never the one who gives up hope.

 

Vividly, she remembers that a few weeks ago, she and Minseok always fought to get the first chance to use the piano. Now, it feels childish even for her. But Lunnie knows she’ll give anything for Minseok to come and play some happy tunes to claim his victory.

 

Lunnie sighs and sits on the sofa, playing with Minseok’s pill bottle. Minseok-oppa, she thought. I don’t know where you are, but I hope you’ll be okay whatever happens. And whomever you’re with right now, please....do remember me.

 

Suddenly, the door creaks open.

 

Lunnie quickly shoots up from her seat. As she can’t see who’s coming, it can be her father, asking her why she doesn’t practice, or one of the maids or even her butler who comes to do some errands. But the footsteps she hears are incredibly soft, as if the owner doesn’t want anyone to know he’s coming.

 

And Lunnie only knows one person with that kind of footsteps.

 

“Minseok-oppa?” Lunnie calls unsurely.

 

The person, whoever he is, doesn’t answer, but Lunnie can hear him walking towards the piano and sitting there. The next second, Minseok’s mother’s favorite song fills the room.

 

Lunnie smiles with tears streaking on her eyes. She can’t see him, and he doesn’t speak a single word to her, but she knows it’s Minseok. Probably his parents has forbidden him to speak to her anymore or something, Lunnie doesn’t know. But it doesn’t matter, because she understands what Minseok is trying to say to her. So she leans back and closes her eyes, enjoying the song in silence....

 

....until the song suddenly stops halfway.

 

Lunnie blinks and stands up again. “Minseok-oppa? Why do you stop?”

 

Still no answer from Minseok, but the door creaks open again and Lunnie can hear someone hastily running inside.

 

“Minseok-oppa?! Is there something wrong?!” Lunnie calls again, panic evident in her voice.

 

For a second, she still can’t hear anything. Maybe two. But then she hears someone sitting back on the piano chair, resuming to play the song.

 

And Lunnie smiles again, a drop of tear making its way down her cheek.

 

Lunnie knows, Minseok is still there. There may be a distance separating them but she knows he’ll never leave. He’ll always be there to protect her, be her eyes to see the world, and play the most beautiful melody for her....

 

 

 

/end

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Notes:

Done.

Crappy ending, but can't think of anything else so bear with it? :)

Also, you who haven't watched the MV might be confused with the ending, so I highly suggest you to watch it!