Going Home 6: The Lame Ending

Going Home

"Crap! Who the hell called this time?" He said as he reached for his phone.

 

"Hey." So Min said sweetly on the other line.

 

"Oww. Hi. Hello." He answered excitedly.

 

"Sorry for waking you up."

 

"Its nothing. Its better to talk to the real one than dream alone." He answered shyly.

 

"Can we meet tomorrow?" She asked after a little chuckle.

 

"I would show up even if you didn't invite."

 

"Good. Thank you."

 

"My pleasure."

 

"Good night! Enjoy your dreams." She said teasingly.

 

"Definitely. See you in it. good night." He said and waited to shut her phone.He jumped in his bed and shouted. He covered his mouth when he remembered it was almost midnight, he just laughed silently and punched the air.

 

After So Min closed her phone, she just let her body to plump in the bed.

 

"I'm gonna be a record holder of a 'heartbreak kid' I'm sorry Hyun Joong." She said and closed her eyes.

 

-----------------------------------

 

As So Min planned, they both spent the day together. So Min just let herself to be what she feels. She just enjoyed Hyun Joong's company. she felt really sorry for Hyun Joong but in the middle of the day, she forgot all her worries. She didn't know why she feels very happy and comfortable with him. 

 

They did shopping for everyone. So Min bought a mini stuffed toy for Chae Rim and put on a letter for her tucked in the back of the teddy.

 

Hyun Joong was very happy. He was all smiles and he m,ade sure So Min was comfortable all the time. He was a true gentleman although  a little worry is in his heart for all the sudden events.

 

"So Min I don't know why you asked me out but I was really happy that you did. Thank you." He said sweetly and sincerely.

 

'Oh my! Hyun Joong why warm words? You are really mean! How can I get my title now?! You're making it difficult for me.'

 

"Its nothing. I was just bored that's why." She lied combined with a warm, sweet smile.

 

"Whatever! What matter is that we both enjoyed, right?"

 

"Yeah." She answered.

 

'Okay! House is near. Just tell him.' She thought as she saw the lights of their gate.

 

"Hyun Joong thanks for everything...." She paused for a little coming up with the right words to say. "And...I'm near already so good night." She said. She can't say what she wanted to say and she didn't know why.

 

'Hey! Why now?! Please, just tell him now!' She scolded herself.

 

"Its really my pleasure. Thank you." He smiled back.

 

With that, she was totally lost of herself, instead of saying that she will leave tomorrow, she planted a kiss on his cheeks. AS soon as she realized what she did she run inside the house.

 

'Good way to break someone's heart.' Jae Jong thought as he hid from the bushes inside their garden.

 

Hyun Joong was left there, holding his cheeks with an idiot smile.

 

-----------------------------

 

"OPPA! OPPA! OPPA!" Chae Rim called as soon as the main door was opened. "How was it?" The little girl was very excited about the date from the moment she knew about it, she can't stop narrating the fairy tales she have read. But, their story is not a fairy tale to be adored.

 

Hyun Joong just smiled to her, ruffled her hair, bowed to the elders and went directly to his room. He can't handle all the interrogations from his family.

 

"Chae Rim come here. Don't bother your brother." Mr. Kim called when Chae Rim was about to follow Hyun Joong.

 

"Dad! I just want to know what happened." Chae Rim pouted.

 

"Honey, its their matter just leave it alone." Mrs. Kim said sweetly.

 

"Okay." Chae Rim said in defat. "I'm a good match maker right Mom?" She asked happily, everybody just laughed at her.

 

"Yeah you are." Grandma answered. "But everything is still on their hands. Her parents will come tomorrow."

 

"Really?" Mrs. Kim asked. "Should we pay a visit for a good relationship with our children? You know the guy above is just so absorbed that he forgot to talk about going home already."

 

"That brat surely enjoyed his break. At first 3 hours, he would complain how boring our town is and now this." Grandma commented.

 

"Probably." Mrs. Kim answered.

 

Chae Rim was put to sleep after some quite of time.

 

-------------------------------------

 

Hyun Joong got up early to his bed and asked his grandfather for some help to his little surprise for So min. It was almost noon when they finished with the garden model they were doing. He rushed to the bathroom to freshen up again.

 

"What is he so hyper about?" Grandma asked as Hyun Joong passed by the living room running.

 

After some time, Jae Jong knocked on the door. Chae Rim opened the door and gave him a warm smile. She noticed the little teddy peeking out the small box he was holding.

 

"Is that for me?" She asked as she looked through it.

 

"How did you know?" He teased and gave her the little teddy.

 

"Just guessed. Thank you. It is pretty." She said as she grabbed it.

 

"Hey Jae? What's up?" Hyun Joong asked. "I was about to go to your house." He said as he grabbed his little present for her.

 

"Really?" He asked sounding guilty. "Good. Let's go walk first I'm going to tell you something." He invited.

 

They just walked near, far enough from everyone. Jae Joong intently did that to let Hyun Joong's feeling come out.

 

"So, what is it?" Hyun Joong asked with a smile.

 

'That little brat sure gave him a good time.' He thought.

 

"Erm, well. This is about So Min." He said carefully.

 

"Yes? I thought you don't mind it?" He asked confusedly.

 

"Yeah. I don't mind the little thing going on between you too. But..."

 

"But?"

 

"But fate didn't want it."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"She just left this morning. Her parents picked her up and they are off to New York."

 

"WHAT?! That fast?! Why she didn't even told me?"

 

"Damn! That little brat sure gave a hard job." Jae Jong commented before telling him.

 

-Flashback-

 

Jae Jong was sleeping soundly that night after the date, when So Min jumped to his bed to wake him up at 1:30 in the morning. He didn't have a choice but to sit and stop her. He was half asleep while listening to her blabbering, but her words surely woke his sleeping soul.

 

"Oppa, please just give this letter. I don't know why I kissed him instead of saying goodbye. This was the first time I had a hard time saying goodbye to someone who I've been friends too." She said in her usual sweet voice.

 

"Erm..." He just answered that to tell her that he is listening.

 

"I think I've fallen for him in a small period of time, but what I'm gonna do. I'll leave tomorrow."

 

"What?! And you want me to say all this things to him. Can you just kill me?" He said sarcastically. "It's even better to punch him than to say this to him and give that." Pointing to the box she given. The face in front of her was so pretty convincing and all he wanted to do by that time is to sleep so he agreed.

 

"Thank you! You're really the best." She hugged him and run outside.

 

-Flashback Ended-

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Hyun Joong was totally in lost after everything. He was just there silent inside his room, his usual gadgets were all closed, so not like him especially when he is in Seoul. They all thought that it was just a normal heartbreak, so his parent's didn't take it that much,. because even them have gone through it. They just let him go over it in his own. But a day before school starts, he was still a living zombie (as what Chae Rim called him ever since So Min left) really alarmed his parents.

 

"Son?" His father asked as he entered his room. He just looked at him and turn to the window again. "Is it still about it?" Mr. Kim asked as he sat next to him. He just simply stared at his father. His father just sighed. "You are still young, you can find many girls in university."

 

"Dad, she is the one." He said firmly.

 

"Finally you talked." Mr. Kim said, he just said that to let him talk. "I know what you feel, but son you are still young, and everyone undergone heartbreak. Its only time and a new love will help you forget about her. Just don't ruin your future and I'll let you off."

 

"Dad, time and a new girl can't change my feelings for her nor forget her. I believe she is the only girl that I will love."

 

"Son, almost everyone said that. You got it from the movies your Mom dragged us to watch?" Mr. Kim joked but it wasn't effective at all, his son just buried his face in his table, lifeless. "Get a life." Was all Mr. Kim said before leaving him.

 

------------------------------

 

Chae rim and Mrs. Kim had just been in the mall for some shopping when they knew a very good news. Chae Rim was literally giggling about, she was very excited and happy. But before they entered the main door, Mrs. Kim stopped Chae Rim and grabbed her.

 

"Why mom?" she pouted.

 

"Let's keep this as a secret first okay?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Trust me." Mrs. Kim winked and Chae Rim just put on the trust to her mother.

 

An hour later, Mrs. Kim and Chae Rim was baking some cookies and cake while singing a happy song. Hyun Joong found this very irritating as he walked to the kitchen to grab some water. He was literally like a walking zombie, very lifeless. Chae Rim laughed very hard at him, remembering their little secret. He was about to grab some cookie when Mrs. Kim didn't let him and asked him to be a normal again, meaning to fix himself.

 

He was just too tired to argue and walked back to his room. Minutes later his mom called him.

 

"Hyun Joong-ah, can I ask you a little favor?" Mrs. Kim said sweetly.

 

"What is it?" He answered lazily as he stares at the beautiful weather in their garden.

 

"You heard our new neighbor?" He nodded. "Good. Please bring this goodies over. I have to help Chae Rim fix her room, you know." Mrs. Kim said innocently.

 

"MOM!!!" He called but he was too late as his Mom was already running in the stairs. "Agh! What a good way to treat your heartbroken son!" He said sarcastically.

 

Chae rim and Mrs. Kim was watching him walk towards the newly renovated house in front of them, they just gave high-5 to each other and watched the scene.

 

He was walking like a lifeless zombie and pushed the doorbell impatiently.

 

'Mom really over watched movies. Why give this?' He thought as he stood there in the gate.

 

 

"MOM, I'll get it."

 

He heard a voice running to the gate. 'Finally.' He thought.

 

The gate opened and he slowly looked at the girl right in front of him.

 

"So Min?" He asked making sure he wasn't hallucinating.

 

"Hyun Joong! What are you doing here?" She asked completely shocked.

 

"I live across." He said with a smile when he was sure everything is so real.

 

He completely forgot all the goods and grabbed her for a tight hug.

 

So Min and her family really did went to New York for a short vacation. Her parent's gift for her college is a new home, a permanent residence. They knew this was all she dreams, so they carefully decided it where to make it. All thanks to his father business being a boom in Korea, they picked Seoul for their permanent residence.

 

Going home wasn't bad after all. It would always be 'There's no place like home.'

 

THE END :)

 

--------------------------------------------

I know this is one of hella long chapter. Haha. I know you got tired from reading :) Thank you for reading it! Hope you enjoyed :)