Going Home 4: The Sweet Beginning.

Going Home

"Ehem!" So Min scoffed when Hyun Joong was froze there.

 

"Ah, yes?" He answered.

 

"Can we go now?"

 

"Of course."

 

At first their walk was silent. So Min was obviously being awkward to his silence, while he was definitely controlling himself from staring at her.

 

"Erm. I guess we have to exchange some talks. Are you really that quiet?" She started.

 

"Not really. So, how long will you stay here?" He answered.

 

"Hmm. I don't know yet, its my parents decision. I guess the maximum will be until next next week, since school starts."

 

"Freshman?"

 

"Yeah. You?"

 

"Incoming second year. What's your major?"

 

"Business. You?"

 

"Same. Why did you chose business?"

 

"I don't know. It's weird, my mother said I should sign up for arts and my father I can do anything. But in the form I found myself writing up business. You? Parent's choice?"

 

"Yes and no. At first it was but as I study along, I found myself loving it."

 

"Where do you study?"

 

"Seoul National University. You?"

 

"That's the big question. From my family's setting I think it'll take me 7 years before I graduate." They both laughed.

 

He just wished they would go to the same university.

 

"You don't have any school in mind?"

 

"New York probably." She laughed. "I just wished dad's business will be put up there."

 

"Very ambitious of you." He teased.

 

"I know. Oh we are here. Thanks for the walk."

 

"No problem."

 

"Good night." She smiled as she opened the gate.

 

"Uhm..So Min?" He called.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Thanks for being very fond of Chae Rim." 

 

'! What the hell am I talking now?! Just ask her out!'

 

"No problem, she's fun to be with. I'll just see you around."

 

"Good Night." He said.

 

"Ah jerk!" He cursed himself.

 

After a few steps, someone grabbed him from the side. He was so busy cursing himself that he didn't mind it.

 

"HEY!" Jae Jong called loudly direct in his ears.

 

"What?!" He answered gaining his self from the lost thoughts.

 

"Oi! Be honest to me. You like my little dongsaeng?" Jae Jong asked with a tone emphasizing the word like and dongsaeng. He just looked at him with a How-did-the-hell-he-knew. "Hey!" Jae Jong called again as he poked him. "Do you like So Min? I'm just asking a simple yes or no question." He retorted.

 

'Yeah right. A simple yes or no question that either answer will make or break my romantic state.' He thought.

 

"If I answer yes. Would you kick me out of her?"

 

"If you like her that will be a good revenge for Saren ignoring me back then." He smirked.

 

"I knew it. Of all the cousins why you?!" He cursed. Jae Jong just laughed at him.

 

"You know what? I don't mind it at all."

 

"Really?" He asked with a big smile. "So I can ask her out tomorrow and you'll help me?"

 

"Buddy! Its like this." Jae Jong told how So Min's life is. Of course in every story passed there are small manipulations whether for the good or bad of the story. But it didn't affect Hyun Joong's feelings for her. "I guess its not me who will decide who will court her, its always her. But she rejects all the time. So just good luck to you and do your moves fast she's going soon."

 

------------------------------------------

 

"Early bird." Jae mumbled as soon as he saw Hyun Joong and So Min by the garden doing some gardening. He went back to bed and doze off once again in dreamland.

 

Hyun Joong found that So Min likes to garden especially flowery plants. Although he dislike the insects around the garden especially the bugs buzzing around it, he was beginning to enjoy it. I mean, why he wouldn't if he can play with her.

 

One time, a bug teased both of them. And guess what? The bug flied in the middle of their face, just in time before the magical kiss would take place. So Min run away from the bug, and pushed Hyun Joong. He landed on the ground and followed her, hiding from the bug.

 

"You're afraid of bugs?" They both asked.

 

"Yeah." Both answered.

 

"But you're a man." So Min said to him.

 

"What the. And?" He asked back, slightly embarrass.

 

'Damn! That ing bug will get it from me.' He thought.

 

They stared at each other an they both laughed at their reactions. She about him, and he run after her. They were kids running around from the garden, until So Min stopped and leaned in the wall. He was so into his emotions that he bumped into her, leaving them close to each other again. They both stared at each other's eyes, defining eye contacts. Slowly he touched her hands and moved his face close to her. She didn't even move and waited for it to happen.

 

"So Min, you're father is on the phone." Her grandpa called.

 

Both was awakened. So Min slid in his side and run inside.

 

"Good Morning grandpa." Hyun Joong bowed to her grandpa who was in the door.

 

"Good Morning. There's nothing left to garden. Thank you." He said as he sat on the chair to read the newspaper.

 

Hyun Joong shyly collect their garden tolls and fixed it on the side.

 

"I'll be going now." He said to grandpa.

 

"Its almost lunch time. Just eat here." Grandpa invited.

 

"Can he grandpa?" So Min asked, as she popped out her head out of the window.

 

"Yes."

 

As they were waiting for the lunch, Jae Jong sat on the sofa across So Min and Hyun Jong who were watching a cartoon. He looks so mad at them. He was just staring at both, while they were watching.

 

"Hello Jae."

 

"Good Morning."

 

"What's good in the morning? You! You!" He said pointing at them. Both looked at each other. "Your little pet just bite me." He said as he pointed on his neck. It was very red and swollen.

 

Both laughed at it because it was more like of a kiss mark rather than an insect bite.

 

"You sure its not it?" Hyun Joong playfully asked.

 

"Kim Hyun Joong!" He called.

 

"What is 'it'?" So Min asked innocently.

 

"Nothing." Jae Jong said as he rubbed the little red mark.

 

"Forget it." Hyun Joong said as he smiled to Jae Jong.

 

"Lunch is ready!" Grandma called from the kitchen.

 

All of them headed to the dining area and settled themselves there. While eating their lunch, they shared small talks in between.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"Oppa!" Saren called.

 

"Saren? What are you doing here?"

 

"I'm waiting for you."

 

"For what?"

 

"I want to show you something."

 

"What is it?" He asked lazily.

 

"The sunset, but it was finished. Let's go together, tomorrow?" Saren asked sweetly.

 

"I can't."

 

"Why? Is it So Min?"

 

"I just wish she said yes to my invitation." He mumbled. "Boys night out." He said and entered the gate. "Who would love to see the sunset? Sunset?" He asked. "That's it!" He said and run inside the house.

 

"Boys night out?!" Saren asked irritably.

 

---------------------------------------

 

After taking a bath, Hyun Joong headed to his grandfather's room for a small talk.

 

"Grandpa? Can I come in?" He asked.

 

"Sure what is it?"

 

"Where can I see sunset here?"

 

"Sunset? Why?" Hyun Joong gave grandpa a look. "Ahhh! You remember the hill where you got your big scar at your back?" Hyun Joong nodded. "There. The sunset view from there was very good. She will definitely like it."

 

"Why sunset?"

 

"I got the idea from Saren. She wanted to watch it with me."

 

"So, is it for her?"

 

"Grandpa, you know I don't like her. A friend maybe."

 

"Hyun Joong, I know."

 

"It'll be better if she would stop bugging me already."

 

"Then tell her."

 

"I don't want to hurt her."

 

"You're hurting her more, if you wouldn't."

 

----------------------------------------

 

As what his grandpa said, he finally talked to Saren. He explained to her that he just see her as a playmate/friend no more, no less. At first, Saren was very upset about it. She cried herself up. As he walks away, her sobs was all he hears. It was sad to break someone's heart, but its better to let them know about the truth than lying.

 

With the help of Jae Jong, Hyun Joong managed to bring So Min over the hilltop. Jae Jong lied to So Min just to help his friend. It was needed since So Min would definitely turn down the invitation, if she'll know about it.

 

"Hello?!" So Min called from the hill. "Hyun Joong?" She asked as she recognized his figure. "What are you doing here? I thought--"

 

"I'm sorry." He said. "But can we just first watch the sunset?" He said and pulled her to their spot. Everything was all set up, a cloth to sit in, foods, and candles to light them up after the sunset.

 

"5. 4. 3. 2. 1." Hyun Joong counted.

 

"It was beautiful."

 

"It is."

 

Hyun Joong stared at her and so as she. He leaned closer and closer and she closed her eyes. 

 

So Min remembered Charles and how they separated their ways.

 

But anything could happen, So Min bent down. Leaving Hyun Joong to kiss her forehead.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

I'm really in a rush :) Just enjoy and have a good time :) Thanks ;) Sorry for the mistakes.