Chapter 3: The Good News

Going Home

Chae Rim and Hyun Joong woke up early. They were both excited to spend the day with So Min.

 

"What a miracle!" Mrs. Kim said as soon both settled in the dining table earlier than everyone else.

 

"Good Morning everyone!" Grandma greeted from the kitchen. Chae Rim run to her grandma and gave her a morning kiss, and she did the same way to everyone who approached the dining table.

 

They ate their breakfast with little talks in between.

 

Hyun Joong was walking around the garden while whistling. He was still thinking of his dream last night. A dream where he is the boss, so he imagined So Min and him walking down the altar. Yeah, he was a bit being crazy over her. As experts say, dreams are the reflections of our thoughts that can't be expressed. (I'm using the dreams explanation based from psychology not from scientific point of view, so just ride on.)

 

'Jae Jong buddy will regret pushing you away from him.' He thought with a big smirk on his face.

 

Henry barked at him from the terrace, he run to him and got him in his arms. 

 

"Henry you did a good job yesterday." He said as he touched Henry's back. "You are really an angel."

 

"How could a dog be an angel if he is the reason why your sister got lost?" Grandpa asked out of nowhere.

 

"Grandpa, where did you came from?"

 

"Your great grandmother's womb." He answered playfully.

 

"Tss. You never changed." He scoffed.

 

"Now tell me. Why Henry is an angel?" Grandpa asked as he settled himself from the stairs.

 

Hyun Joong was caught off guard so, he said that he is in a light spell under So Min. Grandpa chuckled so he signaled grandpa to keep quiet. Grandpa brushed off Henry's furs with his dog comb and explained to Hyun Joong that So Min is Jae Jong's younger cousin. Grandpa sensed that Hyun Joong thought Jae Jong and So Min are together.

 

So Min and her parent's almost spent their lives traveling from different countries all because of her father's business. She also enjoyed that state of theirs because she had visited many paces and she learned many things including different languages. It will come in a point that she will make friends from a certain place and then the next day they are to leave. So Min have gotten used to their setting after how many times of being in the situation. She will be friendly and such but she won't attach herself from them so much, because she knows they will leave in no time. 

 

So Min has been sent to their town to have a vacation before school starts to know her relatives in that place, while her parents are busy dealing a business in Seoul. In a small period of time she and Jae Jong has been very close. Jae Jong feels like he has the responsibility to take care of her. A feeling of need to protect his little sister.

 

In every place they will stay at, many guys would ask her out but she is afraid of long distance relationships. She never had a boyfriend, but she had a flame with one of her school mates in Japan, Charles. He was a popular guy in school and she was a transferee. As any common story of love, they met from an accident. So Min almost tripped from the stairs while running to her class, unfortunately Charles was doing the same thing, they fell on the stairs. So Min wasn't hurt all thanks to Charles who caught her, unfortunately he hurt his back. When the news spread, girls were bullying So Min for hurting Charles and he came off to save her. So Min felt responsible for it so she always visits him in the hospital and they got close from there. They would always be together and help each other out. They are not official but a bond is seen unto them.

 

When Charles confessed to her, she said good bye.

 

So Min already learnt from what happened, she said to herself that she will stay single until she graduates from college and have her parent's go signal to live on her own.

 

She was afraid of hurting herself and another Charles.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Jae Jong and his friends was already outside their house waiting for So Min. They will drop off So Min to have Chae Rim and get Hyun Joong. So Min was still in her room, having a war with her closet because she can't find her dress.

 

"Ahh! When you want it its missing, when you don't its not!" She cursed. She may look gentle at first, but get to know her and you'll be wrong. She's a walking mess. She grew up with maids following her and fixes everything she ruins. And now, she says that she is already 'grown up' insisted to let go off her maids.

 

"So Min! Come out now!" Jae Jong shouted from the garden directly to So Min's window.

 

"Oppa!! I can't find anything to wear." She shouted back and stuck her head out of the window. She smiled to Jae Jong's friends and looked at Jae Jong witha pity-me face.

 

"Good Morning Sweetcake!" A boy greeted So Min. From that he received a big pat in the head from Jae Jong. All of them laughed but not Jae Jong who glared at So Min. "What do you call that?" Pointing to her shirt.

 

"A shirt?" She said obviously teasing him. Jae Jong sighed big time and rushed inside to make a pick-a-boo of what to wear.

 

"Sweetcake, you would look pretty in any clothes on. Better wear my shirt." A guy joked.

 

"I'm warning you!" Jae Jong said as he stuck his head in the door.

 

"So Min don't make me commit sins again, from what I can do with my friends." Jae Jong said as he opened her room door. "Is this a room or a refuge camp?" He asked from all the clothes that is everywhere.

 

"Oppa!" She pouted.

 

"Fine! Look at you, your perfectly dress come on now! Aish! I can't get it why girls are stomping from nonsense." Jae Jong said as he saw her in jeans and shirt. He pulled her out of the room and got her phone.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Be back for lunch kids!" Grandpa waved to them.

 

"Yes, grandpa." Chae Rim cheerfully said as she grabbed So Min's hands. Grandpa gave Hyun Joong a wink, telling him to have the courage to get near her. 

 

Hyun Joong was busy talking to her old buddies, but he can't still get off from glancing at her. He was lucky because Chae Rim is there and he can excuse himself.

 

"What are you looking at?" Jae Jong asked when he noticed it.

 

"I'm just worried about Chae Rim." He lied.

 

"Don't worry. That little brat is sure fond of So Min and so as she."

 

"Chae Rim might bug her to death. You know that brat."

 

"Don't worry. Its better So Min would know the feeling of being bugged." Jae Jong smiled.

 

----------------------------

 

After a little waiting for others to arrive they started their play at the field. They divided themselves into two groups. And they made a deal, whoever loses the game will have a punishment from the winning team. It is given that the losing team will crawl under the winning teams legs.

 

"Don't bother your unnie, okay?" Hyun Joong said to Chae Rim. He didn't need to say it. but he just want to get a little talk to her.

 

"She won't." She replied with a smile.

 

"Just call me if she will." He smiled shyly.

 

"Hyun Joong are you there for your sister or my sweetcake?!" One of his team mate asked when he noticed the smiles.

 

"And who is your sweetcake?!" Jae Jong asked with a glare.

 

"The dog!" He answered and run away from Jae Jong.

 

Jae Jong and Hyun Joong wasn't in the same team. Luckily. They will definitely have a neck-to-neck battle. And it was as they expected, the game was like only for Jae Jong vs. Hyun Joong. Chae Rim and So Min had a good time cheering for opposing teams. Chae Rim obviously was on Hyun Joong's side, So Min by cheering for Jae Jong as loud as possible.Chae Rim doesn't want to lose, so she screamed as loud as possible, which made So Min laugh at her.

 

"You're pretty competitive my little sister." She said as she pinched her cheeks.

 

'Little sister? Does this mean she likes my oppa? Great!' Chae Rim thought as she smiled back to her.

 

"OPPA!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! HYUN JOONG OPPA!!!" Saren screams at the other side of the field. Chae Rim definitely glared at her just like Hyun Joong. His old friends , but he was obviously irritated from her. 

 

With So Min's support and cheers for Jae Jong's team they won. His teammate were like idiots who were energized by So Min's cheers for them. They were so hyper that they scored 4-1. The one and only goal came from Hyun Joong, by joining the club he was also mesmerized by So Min's smile to him, especially when she mouthed 'Good Luck'.

 

'Saren really brings bad luck!' Hyun Joong thought. 'Deym! My whole reputation is all doomed to So Min. Crawling under Jae Jong's team. Pathetic!' He thought while waiting for his turn.

 

"Unnie, I'm ashamed for my oppa!" Chae Rim pouted.

 

"Chae Rim, losing is part of the game. A winner always lose to win." So Min explained to Chae Rim.

 

"But I don't want you to see my Oppa from crawling there."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because he will lose his handsome points from you." So Min laughed at Chae Rim.

 

As a deal they closed each other's eyes when its Hyun Joong's turn. Hyun Joong was so embarrass that he can't look at So Min's direction. He was completely irritated, traced all over his face.

 

"Its okay. We didn't see it." So Min said as she patted his back. "You did great. They are just monsters in the field." She whispered with a smile. Hyun Joong  didn't dare to face her, because he can feel the hot blush running in his cheeks.

 

"Thank you!" He said nervously.

 

----------------------------------------

 

As Chae Rim doesn't want to see his oppa being embarrassed, she dragged So Min unto a Ice Cream Parlor near the place. She and So Min was there waiting for the boys to come. As usual they are this chatty and stuff. Chae Rim had the chance to talk about her Oppa to So Min. She would answer her with wittiness and willingness, giving the kid a hard time.

 

When So Min was about to pay, she forgot her wallet and phone at Jae Jong's bag. The last option was to call and to their luck the shop's phone is off. When Chae Rim knew about it, she calmed So Min and dialed Hyun Joong's number for help.

 

In no time, Hyun Joong arrived and paid their bills.

 

"Sorry to trouble you." So Min said as they walk home.

 

"Its my pleasure to hear your apology but its this brat's fault. Sorry for bugging you." He said while his mind was thanking Chae Rim from head to foot.

 

"Actually its fun to have a sister like her."

 

"Yeah it is." He completely agreed, why wouldn't he? If Chae Rim was all the reason she walks with So Min right now.

 

"She has been very tired. You must hurry she needs to rest." She commented as she patted her head from Hyun Joong's shoulder.

 

"But I need to walk you home first."

 

"No need I can manage."

 

"Jae Jong will kill me if I won't."

 

"Speaking of him where is he?"

 

"Got trapped by his high school friends. Girls."

 

"Ah. He definitely forgot about me." She pouted.

 

"See? Since our house is near I'll drop Chae Rim first and I'll walk you home."

 

"You're not yet tired? I mean the boys must have been tough to your team."

 

"I'm dead tired but, you already energized me." He mumbled softly under his breath.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Chae Rim is sure getting fat." He said as he fixed the sleeping Chae Rim in his arms.

 

'This will be a long night.' Hyun Joong thought as he walked slower to cherish the moment.

 

"No wonder Saren is head over heels for you." She commented after taking a good look of him.

 

"............................" Hyun Joong was totally speechless. A sudden comment from her is what he needs to make a fool out of himself. His heart beats faster and faster until she snapped her finger in front of him.

 

------------------------------------------

Errors? Please bear with me as I am still new to this :P SORRY!! I really need to relearn BASIC ENGLISH :) Not just for this, for my school works also. I am so dependent on Mr. Word for corrections and debugging. 

Thanks for reading :) I hope you enjoyed :)