Chapter 6

Deal of The Past

When you woke up you found yourself in a room which's floor, ceiling and walls were all made out of rock, but it wasn't like in old cottages. It looked like the whole room was carved in to the rock. The room had no windows, but on the walls were lamps designed to look like vines climbing up the wall, so lack of light wasn't a problem. The door to the room was almost invisible, but when you looked at the wall infront of you in the middle of the wall was a slight dent in the shape of a door, so you assumed that it was the door. On the wall to your left was a fireplace with fire burning brightly in it so it wasn't cold at all. There was no wood or anything to keep it burning, so you assumed that Chanyeol is able to create fire that will never stop burning. As you got up from the bed, you heard a familiar puff and smelled smoke. When you turned to look at the source of the smoke, you saw Kai laying down on the bed. 

"I see that you have woken up. Kris and Suho have something to say to you so we should get going", he said, teleported himself next to you and wrapped his arms around you ready to take you both to Kris and Suho. Before he could teleport you anywhere you pushed his arms off of you and said, "I would much rather walk thank you. I think that it would be good if I actually knew how to get back to my room, and I'm sure that you have something else to do than just teleport me around". He paid no attention to your words and just put his hand over your shoulder and took off before you could say anything else.

When you appeared in a new room you threw his hand off your shoulder and started to cough because you accidentally breathed in the smoke that had appeared. "God damn it Kai!", you half said, half yelled at him and glared. "Ah, there's the girl I know. You were acting a little bit too polite for my liking", he said. You were going to punch him, but he vanished before you could do anything. You stood there cursing at him for few seconds, he can be very frustrating if he wants to. You finally stopped throwing curses when you heard someone coughing behind you to get your attention. 

You turned around and saw Kris and Suho standing there. Suho looked pretty surprised, probably because of your swearing and Kris just looked like he was slightly annoyed. "Oh hey", you said and awkwardly waved at them. Suho smiled at you and then looked at Kris, probably to imply that he should start speaking. Kris thought about what he should say for a few moments and when he collected his thoughts he started speaking, "So as you know, you aren't a normal human being anymore. But there's something you should know about. You never really were a human. Yes, you didn't have any powers until recently, but those creatures don't attack or target just any humans. There has been something special about you since your birth. We still don't know what it is, but we are going to figure that out. And you probably want to know why everytime when Kai was there when you were attacked by the creatures, they didn't even bother to attack Kai. That's because the creatures, whose name is Yè biàn shēn, which means Nightmorph, knew that Kai is much stronger than them, so attacking him would be suicide". After that he took a deep breath and looked at Suho. 

Suho nodded at him and then Kris left the the room. "Usually we do this together, but today Kris haves something else to do, so I just have to do, hope you're not too disappointed", Suho said after Kris closed the door to the room. "Umm, I'm not disappointed, I actually think that Kris is sometimes pretty scary, so...", you mumbled and then heard Suho laugh. "He indeed is sometimes scary, but yeah, we have actual things to do. Today we have to figure out exactly what is you power, we already know that you can transform in to a lizard like human, but we need to know if you can transform in to any other forms. And for that we need to go to our training area, it might be pretty chaotic there, but you'll get used to it", Suho said as he led you to a door.

You could hear something smashing against the wall and someone shouting: "You have to be faster to hit me", it sounded little bit like Kai's voice but you weren't sure. After Suho opened the door you saw the biggest room you have ever been in, you almost didn't see the opposite wall and the ceiling was so high that it would take forever to climp there. But what took your attention the most was the people in there, D.O and Sehun were fighting against each other, it was really impressive when Sehun lifted himself up on a hurricane, but then D.O created a giant boulder and threw it at Sehun, when Sehun dodged it he created a wall, so Sehun crashed against it pretty hard, and started falling down to the ground, but before he hit the ground he snapped out of his daze and greated a whirlwind to stop his falling. But it was too weak so it just softened his falling little bit, after he hit the ground you saw Lay coming towards him, when Lay was by his side he immediately started healing him.

Then you noticed Tao, Chanyeol and Chen fighting. After observing it for some while you realized that Chanyeol and Chen were together against Tao, at first you thought that it was unfair but then you noticed that Tao was completely woundless while Chanyeol and Chen had their shirts ripped apart and scratches everywhere. You wondered how this was possible, it was two against one after all, then you realized that Tao was really out of breath and then it clicked in your head. Tao must have frozen both of them in time and tried to take them out simultaneously. He might have overestimated his own powers because now he was really out of breath and unable to use his power, and while Chanyeol and Chen were wounded, they still had all their energy left so it was pretty obvious which side was going to win that fight.

After Tao's, Chanyeol's and Chen's fight was over you turned your gaze towards the third and last battle happening in the room. There was a lot happening in that battle so you weren't really sure what really was going on, but you were sure of one thing, it was Kai against Xiumin and Luhan. But it didn't look like a real fight, it was more like whoever hits Kai first wins, Luhan was rapidly throwing anything that he could with his telekinesis, which means every rock, at Kai and after Kai teleported away from his line of fire he changed the direction of the rocks to be again aimed at Kai. Xiumin's strategy was little bit different from Luhan's, he also threw something at Kai, ice balls you believe, and after Kai teleported away he tried to predict the place where he was going to appear to and froze the floor beneath his feet. Neither Luhan's or Xiumin's tactics worked really that well, so you decided to help them since you were still bit bitter at Kai from what happened earlier.

So you took a deep breath, opened your mouth and yelled as loudly as you could: "KAI!". Kai got so distracted from what he was doing that he stepped right on Xiumin's ice and fall down, then came Luhan's rocks and hit him so hard that he slided towards a wall and would have hit it pretty hard if he didn't teleport away. You pouted a bit since you plan didn't succeed fully, but when you heard Xiumin's and Luhan's loud cheers and saw them doing a high five, you smiled. You heard a laugh coming from your side, which made you jump lightly since you completely forgot about Suho being beside you."That was a nice trick. You know, that was the first time they hit Kai", Suho said still laughing. You also laughed a bit when Xiumin and Luhan came running towards you and both hugged you tightly. You heard them thanking you and you just said that it was your pleasure.

Your laughing however stopped when you noticed that a grumpy Kai appeared beside you, pouting. Xiumin and Luhan went running away, probaply to tell the others that they at last managed to hit Kai. "That was not fair, you distracted me", Kai said, still pouting, you just laughed at him and said: "That was the plan you moron". He pouted even more, if it was possible. "Although I do hope that you didn't get too injured", you said in a quiet voice and looked down at you feet, hoping that he didn't heat it. Apparently he did hear you, because he smiled brightly and wrapped his arms around, lifting you up and spinning you around. "I knew that you cared about me", he said laughing and put you down. 

Then Suho cleared his throat to get your attention and said: "Okay, so now that everyone has stopped, we need to get one of you to train with _____, I wish that whoever it will be takes care that se doesn't get injured, at least not severly. And Kai, I know that you want to be her partner, but you're almost impossible to train with, only ones who can keep up with your speed are Tao and Kris, so you can concetrate in training with them." Suho said so loudly that everyone in the room heard what he said. You could actually see the disappointment  on his face, so you took his hand in yours and squeezed it lightly so he wouldn't look so sad anymore, and it worked. But you weren't also very pleased about what you heard, you didn't need someone to be your guardian, you could take care of yourself, but you chose to be quiet about it. The guys all came closer so Suho wouldn't have to yell what he was going to say next.

"Naturally Lay is always there when _____ and her partner trains, so injuries would not be a problem, but I still want to keep them at a minimum if possible. Also either me or Kris will be there to follow how her training is going. And you all probably think why were being so protective over her, well me and Kris discussed this yesterday after we arrived here and we came to a conclusion that the Nightmorphs are unusually interested in her and are attacking her more often than they were attacking any of us. So we think that she is really important to them for some reason and we need to make sure that they don't get her." He stopped for a while to look at the guys and stopped his gaze on you. You nodded at him to say that you understood what he said, even though you were a bit mad at him and Kris for not telling this to you earlier. "Anyway, I think that D.O or Luhan would be good partners for _____, but since Luhan and Xiumin are still somewhere partying their win over Kai", you looked around you and noticed that Luhan and Xiumin were indeed somewhere else, "that leaves D.O. Would you mind being _____'s partner D.O?" Suho asked D.O. He shook his head to imply that he didn't mind.

After that Suho told everyone to go rest and said to D.O and you that after D.O has his energy back he should come and get you to train and that he should also get Lay and him too. Everyone went away, probably to their own rooms, but you couldn't because you had no idea where your room is. "GOD DAMN IT KAI", you yelled for the second time today and started to run to where he went.

 

A/N

I must be the crappiest author ever, as an apology I wrote double the amount I usually write, please forgive me ㅜ.

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in such a long time, I swear that I'm going to try to update more often ㅠ.

But here it is, hope it isn't too bad

And as usually, please comment and tell me what you think of this story c: